April 17, 2024, 08:58:31 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Introducing: Myself  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Yinyang6

• Writes Stuff
    • View Profile
Introducing: Myself
« on: March 02, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
Hey, I am Craig, feel free to call me that, though I'm also used to Yin; I've been using this username and variations on it for a long time, since I've always liked the light and dark balance idea. I can recall watching Digimon Frontier's final episodes and how the villain mixed light and darkness together to create the ultimate chaotic attack and thinking it was so cool. Now I just think "wouldn't they cancel out?"
But that was a long time ago. I'm twenty three now (which I think is pretty old here?) and I still love anime and manga, and really started getting my biggest idea for one rolling when I proposed writing one with a friend on a whim like seven years back now. He wasn't all that interested so it's a solo thing now, but I can't say I've made seven years worth of progress or anything. As I've gotten better at story structure and whatnot I often go back and revise, much of it is just ideas noted down, and of course I've been busy with schooling as well. I've written 12 chapters in script format, because editing that is easy and I'm confident in my writing, having done text based RP for many years, but I feel my drawings leave much to be desired. My form is lacking in many perspectives and poses, I can't ink or draw digitally, but I do like my designs and ability to capture expressions.
Hmm what else. I'm from California, probably love shonen the most of all genres but watch/read a lot of variety... oh and I waited a few days to post here because I wanted to post some of my work simultaneously in case anyone wanted to see it. I can't say any of my friends are creators, and I would love to talk to more, but I haven't actively searched for a community due to being unsure how committed I was, but hey, I finally googled it, and here I am, looking forward to meeting you all.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: Myself
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:49 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders! You're probably on the older side, but maybe closer to the middle of the pack than you might think. This place has a way of keeping people coming back, so we have a few older members. (Sup)

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:19:13 PM »
Well I'm 26 but I've been around since my school days. Indeed, one can't leave the place. Not that one would want to :P
Welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing you around :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 05:50:55 PM »
Yeah definitely not on the older side at least not relative to me haha, also 26 here. Either way, welcome to the forum this is a great place to work on art!

Offline Yinyang6

• Writes Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
Thanks all! Glad to see you're so welcoming and I can see myself fitting in!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 03:37:03 AM »
Fellow old fart here. And you've gotta share me some of those good ol text adventure stories. I loved writing for those although I never completed any of them. Always got distracted by that new shiny freeware on the market.

Digimon is one of those anime I accept on merit being a good ol fun watch when you know which seasons to check out. Dat infinite wall of episodes always scares me away though, but I hope to try out a movie or two when time allows.

Welcome to mangaraiders!