May 26, 2019, 10:08:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 410 times)

Offline Jacoby1021

• Frosty The Showman
    • View Profile
Hello there!
« on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
Hey there! I'm new to this site, and I hope to get along with you all throughout my time here! Here are some things about me:

-My name is Jacob, but my alias for practically everything is Frosty, so feel free to call me whichever.
-I am 16 years old, and from the United States.
-To be frank, I've never liked anime or manga. My online friend always watched anime during the skype calls we had, and I told him one time that I don't think I could ever like that stuff. Now, looking back, I call myself crazy because at this moment in time I am absolutely in love with anime and manga, to the point of me thinking of creating my own manga some day, and who knows? Maybe an anime.
-Although I might seem a tad bit too young to be shooting for these kinds of goals, (and to be honest I'm not sure my parents would agree with my job being a mangaka, if, of course, I ever became one) deep down inside I truly want to strive to make something that will entertain others, just as anime did for me.
-I found this site whilst searching for ways that newbies can create their own manga if they chose to do so, and it really piqued my interest because of the large and nice community that is here.
-Again I'm quite inexperienced with all of this, but as a child I always used to write short stories and even mini-novels to the point where I had my parents and sister critique them. Drawing was never my strong suit, which is why I researched ways I could potentially gain an artist.
-Ever since the idea brewed of being a mangaka, I've had several ideas for different types of manga strewn across my google docs, and I hope that one day I can use those ideas to provide entertainment for others, as that is my goal for writing manga-- not money, of course(I might seem odd but I'm pretty serious), but just out of the thought that I can make someone's day better by releasing a new volume of the manga which they've been waiting for.
-Formalities and life goals aside, I'd say my favorite anime would have to be Kekkai Sensen(or Blood Blockade Battlefront), Hyouka, Tokyo Ghoul, Kokoro Connect, the list could go on for miles. I've just recently convinced my parents to buy me some volumes of the manga Horimiya, and I can say it is my favorite manga(despite being the first I've ever read).

Thanks for enduring my excruciatingly long essay, but I've never really opened up about my hobby due to anime and manga not being popular around where I live-- in fact, I've seen people criticized for it. Needless to say, I hope to have a wonderful time with everyone here on this site, and maybe even start my dream!

~Frosty/Jacob
"No dream is ridiculous enough to not come true. What's ridiculous is the fear of not achieving it."

-Me

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 12:54:12 PM »
Hi Jacob!  Hope to see some stories soon!
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 01:23:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Frosty. We seem to attract a lot of writers. I remember that I used to have a bunch of story ideas in my head, but I've always had trouble thinking of a solid ending. I was always on the page of "what comes next?" instead, y'know? Haha, maybe I'm just built for one of those impossibly long shounen stunts.

Funny how passion works, isn't it? You and anime reminds me of how when I was a little kid I would literally throw up if I ate broccoli, but now I love the stuff.

Online suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »
It's great to have the goal to write for the enjoyment of others. welcome to the forum, and hopefully we'll see your manga or stories around here sometime :)
we're all at different levels and I'm sure you will fit in :)
Not too many people have said they would like to make an anime (at least said it out loud haha) but it's great to have a big goal, and yes, better to have goals while you are young. I started drawing manga around 16 and I really wish I had started earlier and doodled more in boring lessons and the like.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »

Haha had to!

Welcome to the forums friend!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 07:41:19 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders!

16 is probably about the right age to start picking up these goals actually. That was the age I started writing myself. My advice though is to always temper your dreams with practically. That's not to put you down, but you can't achieve anything if you can't feed yourself. The important thing is to keep the dream alive while also taking care of the necessary things.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 03:40:53 AM »
If I had a do over that's what I'd tell myself.

The drawing thing is easily solved... By drawing. Haha of course there's a lot of other steps there what with learning and not, but just draw as much as possible for now while you find your way.

Unsolicited advice out of the way... Kekkai Sensen is freaking awesome! Love that anime. It gave me hope for newschool anime. Just loved those action scenes damn. Yutaka Nakamura's animation is just sooo sweet. There's a high corellation between the anime he works on and how legendary I find them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yutaka_Nakamura

Offline Jacoby1021

• Frosty The Showman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 06:03:22 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words and advice everyone! I really appreciate it~
I'm relieved to know that others think the same way I do, and I think I'm going to fully start on one of my stories!
"No dream is ridiculous enough to not come true. What's ridiculous is the fear of not achieving it."

-Me