March 24, 2019, 10:07:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: An Introduction, of sorts.  (Read 241 times)

Offline Handsome Foreigner

• View Profile
An Introduction, of sorts.
« on: February 17, 2019, 02:15:53 AM »
Hello lads and ladettes,

I'm an Anglo-Maltese English teacher in China. I dub myself Handsome Foreigner because "Handsome" is the second most common English word I hear from my students. (Their favourite is "Banana", for reasons arcane to me)

I have zero artistic ability. My writing experience is basically a couple of years on pro wrestling RP forums. Most recently I was one of two main writers responsible for matchmaking and producing a weekly "show". Basically somewhere between a script and an extended piece of prose detailing the events of our fictional tv wrestling show, wherein we would decide match results based on whose RPs we found most entertaining during the week.

It was fun while it lasted and I like to tell myself that I benefited from the regular storytelling and character writing challenge. But it was demanding and my moving abroad for this job coincided with the other head writer also finding new employment so we got overloaded.

I can certainly daydream and imagine something tangible coming out of an artist here seeing something in my writing but I'm being realistic. I just want to get back into the swing of writing regularly again. I'm really interested to see how I adapt to the different format so I guess I look forward to your most respectfully savage criticisms.

Disclaimer to Site Administrators:

Residing where I do, I use a VPN to retain access to social media, my gmail...etc. I don't know what your policy is but I have known forums that draw a hard line with regards the use of VPNs and proxy servers to conceal IP addresses. I thought it the respectful thing to get that out in the open. If this is a concern, don't hesitate to discuss it with me.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: An Introduction, of sorts.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 09:11:40 AM »
Welcome to MR!

We welcome people of all stripes and skill levels, so now worries! What matters is that you put forth an honest effort.

I mean, 'banana' is a super fun word to say, I can see why they love it. Although maybe there's a deeper level to it for them, hard to say.

Don't worry about your VPN. I use one myself (although not to get past the great fire wall), and I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Really, there shouldn't be an issue unless you try starting something shady.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 03:47:23 AM »
Man that's a backstory if I ever heard one. RP pro wrestling haha. Awesomesauce.

Maltese, now that's a different place to come from.

In any case welcome to mangaraiders!

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:24:53 PM »
Even the Minions love bananas.
Welcome to the forum! And what an interesting bunch of things you've been doing :)
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »
Welcome to Mangaraiders !!

As long as you been your self been anonymous is not a problem. :)