July 22, 2019, 04:31:55 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: good ways to promote your works?  (Read 546 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• Everybody seem to think I'm Lazy
  • I don't mind, I think they're CRAZY!
    • View Profile
good ways to promote your works?
« on: February 12, 2019, 11:37:17 PM »
so recently, i have been trying to see how to get my comic, Royal, some more traction but i have no idea where to start... and no, social media is not helping

if theres a thread opened that is similar, let me know

Click the Banner to Read

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: good ways to promote your works?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:38:11 AM »
Well there are effective and ineffective ways to use social media to promote your work. It might be that you haven't been using social media effectively, if you want I can recommend a book about SEO and E-commerce that is really helpful for understanding how to take advantage of social media. It talks about things like posting in the right places, search engine optimization, following similar artists to attract new audiences from those artists, etc. If you don't want to invest the time into doing the research on how this all works though (which is understandable because it definitely takes time), I'd advise trying to post your work in as many places as possible.

Instead of just having it on Tapas, or deviantart, promote your comic by posting your work on places like Pixiv, Artstation, etc etc. Try to spread it as much as possible. You can also try doing collaborations with other artists, viewer giveaways, stream yourself on twitch drawing a page or two of your comic, start a youtube channel. Most of these won't see huge returns individually, but all together they may draw more eyes to your work. At the end of the day, gaining traction is all about consistently pushing your work in as many places as possible.

I've also found moderate success as well in some discords for different fandoms. Fan art i've done for things like Epic7 or Fate Grand Order has landed me on occasion a few commissions here and there, then through word of mouth other people hear about my work and it can grow that way too. You could try something similar as well. Either way, good luck with your comic!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »
i'll try to do some of this but as of right now, i'm kinda in a phase where i dont like the 2 major webcomic hosting sites and have been looking for others to mirror on

Click the Banner to Read

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:23:20 PM »
Well more platforms is better than only having one. All I can recommend is cultivating your audience. Unless you're the eccentric type who can encourage the fanbase through only your medium, you might need to actively engage with them and even mingle if some of them happen to be webcomic artists.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 12:39:21 AM »
You've got some options
  • Draw something wild and absurd to grab attention and make yourself stand out
  • Make fan art of extremely popular media like Overwatch, or Naruto, or Bowsette
  • Use hashtags on Instagram and follow trends
  • Draw sexy women
  • Compete in art competitions like on Medibang's website
  • Pay instagram to promote your work
  • Draw very sexy women

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »
Unless you're the eccentric type who can encourage the fanbase through only your medium
Well thats me lol although that's just how it is, not how I planned it :P

You've got some options
  • Draw something wild and absurd to grab attention and make yourself stand out
  • Make fan art of extremely popular media like Overwatch, or Naruto, or Bowsette
  • Use hashtags on Instagram and follow trends
  • Draw sexy women
  • Compete in art competitions like on Medibang's website
  • Pay instagram to promote your work
  • Draw very sexy women
^This is legit the best ways to get attention :P
Unfortunately if you don't like the popular series or genres, you may have to bite the bullet and draw some anyway to get that attention.

Producing a decent volume of artwork as well contributes to a portfolio looking good, producing a large range of work can attract a large audience, but equally drawing in a niche category can also attract a decent following.

Sites such as Youtube let you know what people searched to find your videos, this can help you to create videos that more suit the searches people are making.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:30:02 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »
the fanart thing i have heard of, i saw this image before that kinda sums that up

as for drawing sexy women, definately not into that so guess thats out, Insta screwed me kinda cause i used to use f12 to post on it since my devices are so outdated the updates wont even go

as for talking with ther comic artists, i have been but i don't want to take advantage of them

everything lands into moral problems :'D i'm a mess

as for doing youtube... i usually have nothing to talk abut and if i try i ramble about everything and nothing and i end up scrapping the video anyway

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »
In terms of Youtube, you don't need to talk if you don't want to. Plenty of people do speed paints/drawings and just add some funky fresh license free music over the top. You could always bookend it with an intro and what you'll be drawing, but even that isn't essential.

Interacting with other artists/content creators/fans is really the best way to get any sort of traction though for us who're starting out totally unknown. It always pays to have connections. Don't feel bad if anyone does you the kindness of promoting your work. They're doing it cuz they want to cuz they either enjoy the work itself or they like you as a person.