April 19, 2024, 03:31:37 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Looking for Manga Writer  (Read 5638 times)

Leap_Of_Faith

Looking for Manga Writer
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:32:22 PM »
I am looking for a free for hire manga writer to take a leap of faith with me. My plan is to get my story idea turned into manga form for the first couple of chapters and share it on multiple free sites. Once the written part is done then we can look for an artist to take a leap of faith with us. I already have the layout of how the first 9 chapters will be about. Depending on the feedback of the people who read it will determine if we continue the story. If this story gets popular and even published I am willing to let the artist and writer have all the money that this story brings in. All I care about is making people happy when they read this. I believe with the right help this story can have real potential. Also, I believe this has the potential of benefiting you. If you have ideas in which can make this story better in anyway I want to hear them so don't be shy. If you are interested let me know.

Here's a brief summary of my idea:

It's about an enemy foe who look exactly like humans called Alantians who are invading earth looking for a new home to live on. They are from a planet called Alantis which is dying. Some of the Alantians have supernatural powers like the power of light and lightning. William a human which is a main character encounters some of the normal Alantian soldiers and nearly dies from them. He gains his power from that encounter. To sum it up it's about William and others with powers opposing the Alantians. Can this group of individuals with powers make peace with the Alantians or will they have to risk everything in order to eliminate them.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Manga Writer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
So my first question here, is what exactly are you bringing to this collaboration? Are you an artist? A writer? You have this plot summary, but that's not worth anything without a creative force behind it.

If you want people to work with you, get out there and show off what you are capable of! Creatives want to work with other creatives. You need to prove to these people that you are trying to bring in that you have the passion and drive to succeed! Words are not enough, what can you do? What have you done? Where are your credentials? Your bonafides?

I hope that helps you in your path. If you want something, you must be the first to make it happen!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
I understand needing an artist but why a writer? If you aren’t confident in your skills as a writer then even with a proper writer it wouldn’t work. You need a solid plot but also good characters, interesting backstories linking to the world around them, motivations as to why they do things and why the world works the way it does etc.

This may sound a little harsh but it’s the harshest criticism that helps the most, I learned that from a certain editor member that I’m sure Coryn will remember. The plot you’ve got is generic and there isn’t much to go on. It’s what is wrapped around it that makes it a cohesive tale. Who is William, where does he live, how old is he, any relations be it family or love? What’s his stance on Atlantis? How does the world see Atlantis and it’s beings? Why is the planet dying? Why go to earth? How do they have superpowers? How do they even reach earth? How did the people on Earth not notice another intelligent life form in the time they have existed? How do they tell each other apart if they look identical?

There’s a few more but that’s all I can think of now. My advice is try to do this on your own, two writers for one story is a bit much and trust me you will 100% get better. I made a series 4 years ago about elemental dragons... the dummest thing I’ve ever seen in my life and now I’m working on something incredible. As for artists I’m not the person to tell you to do that alone cause I ain’t XD best thing to do is keep at it, practice and stick around the forum. The guys here are real helpful and you’ll prolly make some good friends on here, perhaps a group of em

Leap_Of_Faith

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
Thank you all for the advice you have given.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:52:37 AM by Leap_Of_Faith »

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »
So I haven’t read it all but I’ve gone into the first half. If this sounds a bit harsh or rude please know it’s not intended like that.

You miss a lot of punctuation in here, things like commas and full stops (periods if you’re American) are there to help you properly pace things. The whole thing about William falling asleep in church goes on forever, I get that you are trying to make him look like a bit of an airhead but it’s a little repetitive. Now when it comes to dialogue I try and make lines shorter unless they are really really important. The lines you use sometimes have bits in there that just seem a bit unneeded, like “wait a sec! Aren’t priests supposed to be single and not be sexual engage because of their ways of religion?” Could easily be shortened to “aren’t priests supposed to be celibate?”. Again tho that’s how I’d do it so you don’t need to follow it.

There seems to be a few spelling or grammatical errors in it as well, when you finish writing try to read through it a couple times or just use spell checker (ideally do both). When William says that listening to the priest puts him to sleep is he just saying that out loud? For stuff like that you’ll need to add a bit of info on how he’s saying it. Detail also helps build the scene, all you have now is dialogue then more dialogue, there is only action with no reaction.

That’s all I’ve got for now. What are you aiming for man? You lookin to make it into a web series or go to a major publisher?

Offline Fyorte

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 12:06:08 AM »
I can’t seem to pm you. So you pm me.
If that doesn’t work, email me. I wanna work with you.
thecraftergoddessmia at yahoo.

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
Hey I sent you an email for your artist needs

Offline MilanTheAuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »
Hello my name is Milan , i'd be happy to help you with your writing needs, im free and dedicated , i also have a couple connections to some webtoon publishers so we can get some revenue, my  email is bandile.milan gmail

Offline Autumn McJavabean

• Manga Writer
  • Manga Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 06:35:26 PM »
I'd be happy to help you. I'm a journalist and novelist, so I have a VERY strong writing background. Let me know and I'd love to help you.