February 21, 2019, 06:56:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Learn to draw or partner up?  (Read 361 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Learn to draw or partner up?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »
We don't set one above the other. Description is just as important to a script as dialogue is. Dialogue doesn't do you any good if you don't know what's going on.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 06:08:14 AM »
I'm going to echo what Keanfox said, as an artist myself I have collaborated on occasion with writers for free but most of the time it just ends up stopping after a few weeks as well. I guess to expand on his point and other points that have been made though, I think it helps to set a clear goal and be forthright about your intentions.

Most of the time I realized that writers looking for artists here weren't really looking for long term collaborations but instead just wanted to share ideas and do smaller projects. That might be conjecture on my part but I feel like that's why most collab projects tend to fizzle out after a couple weeks. That being said, it never hurts to sneak in some art practice for yourself, someone else mentioned that just having enough basics skills to put your ideas on paper visually can help a lot with the creative process when making a manga.

Offline calibur

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 08:06:32 PM »
Yeah I understand, I get that descriptions are helpful but at the moment it's more of a rough guide to whats happening, ready to be elaborated on with visuals so I can get a grip on what order things should happen, and yeah I'd like to do a long term project, as most of my idea's would end up being reasonably long, guess I just need to find right person to be artist.