April 20, 2019, 02:24:01 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: DCLegendia's fan art  (Read 1048 times)

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
DCLegendia's fan art
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:17:30 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm new here, so I figured I'd start a thread to share my fan arts with the rest of you great people!

I recently started a channel on Youtube as DCLegendia also... I know we're not allowed to post links as newbies, but feel free to look me up on Youtube if you'd like to see how I draw my pics.

Anyways, here we go! I'm here to improve, so all critiques are welcome  ;)

Has everyone seen the new Dragonball movie yet? This girl is called Cheelai and is one of the main characters in it. The movie was SICK btw  :thumbsup:

Raphtalia! If you're only watching the show, you may not know that she turns into an adult fairly early on, by leveling up. So think this outfit hasn't appeared in the show yet.

I drew a Sora because the new game is coming soon :)

This was my first one after a bit of a hiatus. Who doesn't love Tornado  :blush:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:19:08 AM by DCLegendia »

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
Re: DCLegendia's fan art
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
So, I'm gonna be posting an early preview of my next image  ;)

Actually, I was looking at one scene of the movie, and thought this image looked pretty good. So I decided to basically "redraw" that screenshot. Well... Obviously, I had to make up a lot of stuff, because it's cropped way too closely to make a drawing out of it.

Not sure that I like the perspective on the arm, it may be a little bit too big, so I'll re-work that as well, along with a bunch of other stuff that doesn't look too great right now. Yeah... it's just a sketch. Make sure you let me know if you catch anything else that looks weird so I can fix it before I ink it.
For now, here it is:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:59:09 PM by DCLegendia »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
noice :)
sketches always seem to be that tad more dynamic than the finished pieces, you can really feel the energy from the pose and face. your face proportions also seem a tad more believable than the original, although DragonBall isn't in what I would call a fantastically realistic style.

other than Tatsumaki I don't know any of the other characters, but they all look fantastic!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
That is so true about the sketches being more dynamic!
I'll try to keep that energy in the finished piece. For now, here's the first pass at inking... still a long way to go but I like posting WIPs, so there it is!
I guess I'll be posting the videos of this at some point in February, in case anyone is into Youtube videos.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
I'm digging these! Yeah if you haven't already, point us towards the youtube channel dude!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ignore me....I somehow didnt realise the giant banner for a youtube channel was a link :blush:

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »
Yup, it's the banner :)
There aren't that many videos for now, because it takes a lot of time just to edit. I hate it, because I could be drawing instead. But if I want the videos to happen, there's no other way!

Anyways, the inking is done for now... I guess I'll probably refine the lines as I color it, but this is it for now.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
great black shadowing and varying line thickness! can't wait to see it colored :P

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »
Well, here's a version I cropped so that it would be more zoomed-in and people could see the details more.
I'm editing this video now, should be up in a few weeks because I'm planning on posting the Cheelai next week (the green girl). Or should I just go with this one, and do Cheelai later? Which one is more interesting?

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 07:20:12 PM »
So, I just put out the inking video for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByKpeBKO8M&t=
If anybody wants to criticize, please feel free, it would be my pleasure to read your comments. One is never too old to learn something! And if you're a younger artist and learned something from it, well, then I know it was worth making this vid :)

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
Sketch for Tornado from OnePunchMan!
Yeah, I'm drawing her again! Let me know if you see anything weird so I can fix it!
BTW, I've also got the Gogeta coloring video coming out tomorrow morning, if anybody is interested.

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »

Offline calibur

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 08:09:55 PM »
wow dude, you really know you're stuff, hopefully one day I can draw at your level :)

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
very nice, well done!
I think your pieces have a sort of unfinished quality to them with a lot of the brush strokes quite visible (especially around the breasts on a couple of pieces), is that your art style or do you plan on getting future pieces even more sharper on the shade/colouring detail?
Can't wait to see more and I will definitely check out your videos to get some tips :P

@calibur keep drawing and you will improve, no doubt!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:56:27 PM by suuper-san »

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 06:09:28 PM »
Though it is just a hobby, I do try to keep the quality as high as I can :) I am sure that you will be just as good if you practice often!

The brush strokes are done like that to give a kind of painted look rather than looking too smooth like CGi. Especially on large areas since it makes them look like there's more going on than if it was just all-the-way-smooth. But if people start saying that I should smoothen them a bit more, I can try that next time.

At the moment, I'm trying to find the best way to edit videos so that they're easy to follow. With the inking ones especially, I zoom in and spin the canvas a lot, so it's tricky to edit them and find a good speed so that people don't get confused when they watch.

Anyways, new vid coming out tomorrow, so feel free to let me know what you think, and give a thumb up if you like it, because right now I don't have too many watchers  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:07:28 PM by DCLegendia »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »
ahhh I see yeah the painted feel does give it a bit of texture as opposed to super smooth.
I find that as long as the video isn't insanely sped up then it's easy enough to follow, especially with Youtube's 0.5x and 0.25x play speed options. Really someone should be learning their own way to paint and draw, and just use other peoples work as a quick reference, not a step-by-step or join-the-dots kinda of learning, is what I think.
I subbed although I don't check my subscriptions ever lol

PS where do you find music for use on your videos? Mine could use something better than the Youtube free music selection XD
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:10:59 PM by suuper-san »