February 21, 2019, 06:41:49 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: DCLegendia's fan art  (Read 302 times)

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
DCLegendia's fan art
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:17:30 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm new here, so I figured I'd start a thread to share my fan arts with the rest of you great people!

I recently started a channel on Youtube as DCLegendia also... I know we're not allowed to post links as newbies, but feel free to look me up on Youtube if you'd like to see how I draw my pics.

Anyways, here we go! I'm here to improve, so all critiques are welcome  ;)

Has everyone seen the new Dragonball movie yet? This girl is called Cheelai and is one of the main characters in it. The movie was SICK btw  :thumbsup:

Raphtalia! If you're only watching the show, you may not know that she turns into an adult fairly early on, by leveling up. So think this outfit hasn't appeared in the show yet.

I drew a Sora because the new game is coming soon :)

This was my first one after a bit of a hiatus. Who doesn't love Tornado  :blush:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:19:08 AM by DCLegendia »

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
Re: DCLegendia's fan art
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
So, I'm gonna be posting an early preview of my next image  ;)

Actually, I was looking at one scene of the movie, and thought this image looked pretty good. So I decided to basically "redraw" that screenshot. Well... Obviously, I had to make up a lot of stuff, because it's cropped way too closely to make a drawing out of it.

Not sure that I like the perspective on the arm, it may be a little bit too big, so I'll re-work that as well, along with a bunch of other stuff that doesn't look too great right now. Yeah... it's just a sketch. Make sure you let me know if you catch anything else that looks weird so I can fix it before I ink it.
For now, here it is:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:59:09 PM by DCLegendia »

Offline suuper-san

• Proportions are just an illusion...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
noice :)
sketches always seem to be that tad more dynamic than the finished pieces, you can really feel the energy from the pose and face. your face proportions also seem a tad more believable than the original, although DragonBall isn't in what I would call a fantastically realistic style.

other than Tatsumaki I don't know any of the other characters, but they all look fantastic!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
That is so true about the sketches being more dynamic!
I'll try to keep that energy in the finished piece. For now, here's the first pass at inking... still a long way to go but I like posting WIPs, so there it is!
I guess I'll be posting the videos of this at some point in February, in case anyone is into Youtube videos.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
I'm digging these! Yeah if you haven't already, point us towards the youtube channel dude!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ignore me....I somehow didnt realise the giant banner for a youtube channel was a link :blush:

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:47:17 PM »
Yup, it's the banner :)
There aren't that many videos for now, because it takes a lot of time just to edit. I hate it, because I could be drawing instead. But if I want the videos to happen, there's no other way!

Anyways, the inking is done for now... I guess I'll probably refine the lines as I color it, but this is it for now.

Offline suuper-san

• Proportions are just an illusion...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
great black shadowing and varying line thickness! can't wait to see it colored :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »
Well, here's a version I cropped so that it would be more zoomed-in and people could see the details more.
I'm editing this video now, should be up in a few weeks because I'm planning on posting the Cheelai next week (the green girl). Or should I just go with this one, and do Cheelai later? Which one is more interesting?

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 07:20:12 PM »
So, I just put out the inking video for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QByKpeBKO8M&t=
If anybody wants to criticize, please feel free, it would be my pleasure to read your comments. One is never too old to learn something! And if you're a younger artist and learned something from it, well, then I know it was worth making this vid :)

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:57 PM »
Sketch for Tornado from OnePunchMan!
Yeah, I'm drawing her again! Let me know if you see anything weird so I can fix it!
BTW, I've also got the Gogeta coloring video coming out tomorrow morning, if anybody is interested.

Offline DCLegendia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »

Offline calibur

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 08:09:55 PM »
wow dude, you really know you're stuff, hopefully one day I can draw at your level :)