February 21, 2019, 06:41:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Art Contest  (Read 251 times)

Offline GalaxyDreamer90

• View Profile
Art Contest
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:25:36 PM »
My school is having an art contest and I'm seriously thinking about entering. I'm hoping that entering the contest will help boost my self esteem and get me some recognition. The only limitation is the artwork has to be something I did in my art class and right now I'm not sure what to enter.

Offline runawayfantasy

• View Profile
Re: Art Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:33:30 PM »
You got this!

When I was in school, art contests were always so much fun to enter! It's definitely a boost in esteem and recognition around the school, it's what got me to being chosen to make the cover for an event in my senior year!
And even if you don't win anything, people will definitely notice it

Good luck!!!!
Local Starving Artist Looking for Work!
Commission Sheet:
https://bit.ly/2Gu6TYj

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 12:22:57 AM »

For real, you got this. If you need help with selection you can always post pieces in this thread and maybe the folks on the forum can assist you?

Offline suuper-san

• Proportions are just an illusion...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 04:56:07 AM »
Generally when looking for an idea for a contest, I often try and think of things that only I can do (ie. my own art style), or things that relate to me, my experiences, my hobbies etc.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
I remember when I was in high school, my school did a fundraiser where we made art and sold it. I attended an exclusively STEM school so that little bit of art was like a breath of fresh air. I ended up liking the piece I made so much that I made my mother buy it back. I still don't think she's forgiven me for it yet.

But it was a great experience and sometimes I wish I had more. Later in life winning contests could be something nice to put on your resume or in your art portfolio when applying to jobs or colleges.

It could be safe to enter in the piece you did on perspective. I'm not sure what your art class was like, but most high school art classes typically have you do a one point perspective piece. They're interesting to look at and pretty simple. It might also be a good idea to ask your teacher which one he or she thinks would be good to use, but (s)he'll probably tell you that you should pick so that it'll be more meaningful.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:55:30 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 08:48:43 AM »
Get in there! I was big into art classes in highschool, and while I specialized in 3d work, it was always very rewarding to enter art shows. Even when I got snubbed at the biggest show of my highschool career (my art teacher was more pissed than I was), it was still a great time all the way through! And at the end of the day it's not about winning. It's about letting other people enjoy your work, and enjoying the work of others.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline GalaxyDreamer90

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »
Thanks guys the deadline to submit art is coming up at the end of the month so i really need to go through the artwork I did in class these past couple of semesters and pick my beat work. Also with the popularity of coloring books and coloring pages my school is allowing students to make their own coloring pages and I think they will be posted on the school website. Thinking about entering in that too and thr deadline to enter in that is coming up at the end of the month too.