March 29, 2024, 06:33:21 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: A little Rustee: Drawing Gallery  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Attempts at hair and body work
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 11:47:24 AM »
Haven't drawn much, my mind and health has been distracted.  I don't like how the faces are turning out anyways.  But last night I was working on hair, and for some reason liked how this turned out, and its been a hot minute since I posted on my gallery.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »
it can be a struggle at first when you are learning, but it's exactly because you are learning that you need to draw more :P
in fact I've been drawing for nearly 10 years and that still applies to me, and it will still apply 10 years from now :P
the hair does indeed look nice.
if you don't like how the face is turning out, do you have an idea of how you want it to turn out? like do you have a style you want to draw like? having a crisp image of what you are aiming at will help in improving your art to the next level.
hopefully you dont mind but I felt like doing a redline to show how I would have drawn the face myself. Obviously it's my own style but it might give you a point in the right direction.
Spoiler
the shoulders are a bit thin tho
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:28:09 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 11:12:40 AM »
I don't mind, that looks really good!  Thank you.  Its nice to have some guidance and the redline is super helpful!  It gives me a new view on the drawing and some ideas to hopefully improve.  I think I have a general idea on how i like my faces to looks, but currently trying different looks to see what I like and what comes natural, I just feel like my positioning and proportions are off.  And then trying to finish (like adding a body) is a whole new chapter.  Gotta take baby steps!  I'll get there one day...

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2019, 03:58:45 PM »
glad it helped.
haha yes adding a body is a whole different problem. no doubt you will get there if you keep at it :)
I sometimes try and trace other artists drawings/faces, but instead of just tracing, I try and draw guidelines first, as if I am drawing the face myself. It helps to break down what proportions/guidelines they used and then I can try them out on my own drawing.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
I've been thinking about doing the same, find some drawings to hopefully get a better idea on guidelines and proportions and draw them out (not trace).  I also found a youtube video of someone showing how they found their art style and gave some steps to follow to help others find their own, gave me a whole new outlook which is a nice change.

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
Had some appointments canceled at work the other day, so I jumped on paint and made this.  :noidea:

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »
Well, this was fun.  Pretty happy for my first time trying background related drawing/ doodling.  Mainly wanted to learn about shapes, horizon, and such.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
Once you get over the feeling that drawing backgrounds is hard they are fun to draw. Good, your lineart and colors are clean. just try to follow the perspective closely. In one point perspective, most lines converge to a central point.
This is your perspective lines not convergeing to a central point

One point perspective should be more like this

Hope you don't get discouraged or overwhelmed. You have a good base with your clean lineart and colors. Just keep the horizon line and perspective points in mind. If this doesn't make sense just ask or look it up.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2019, 02:06:34 AM »
for your first try, it's a great attempt! I know mine certainly wasn't that good haha

but Keanfox is right, all the lines generally have to converge, otherwise things can start to look like they are floating/distorted. if you just google image one point perspective, you should get a lot of inspiration, as well as consulting photos.

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Thanks for the feeback!!  KeanFox thank you so much for lining that up, yeah I lost it on the horizon part when putting this together, but this does not discourage me at all, its a big help!!  I need to work on layers so I can line it up more proper.  And I see the floating/ distorted your talking about suuper-san.  I'm looking for a reference photo, something simple to practice, I will be trying your suggestion suuper-san :)

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »
Decided to just go for it and do full body with clothes, a little rough, but hey.... gotta start somewhere.  Also, had some no show appointments at work so I played with this in paint and only able to use a mouse, not easy lol

Also, I messed up sizing when saving and its all distorted, and to color turned out weird  :noidea:

I know I can do a better job on the eyes too  >:(

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »
Decided to just go for it and do full body with clothes, a little rough, but hey.... gotta start somewhere.
great attitude!

I think it came out great, and that's the first full body drawing I think I've seen in your gallery, and it's in colour to boot. I'm sure for the next one you will make less mistakes when using the program. A few little things I noticed is the neck seems a bit too wide, and also the forearms are not the same width. making sure that arms and legs etc are the same size as each other can take a bit of checking back and forth while you are drawing.

keep it up!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
A little Rustee: Drawing Gallery
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2019, 06:44:54 PM »
Some more drawings I have worked on.  I'm feeling better about my drawing skill and finding my own style, it takes me awhile to complete a picture, but its coming along.  And I had so much fun learning to draw that kitty cat!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:49:34 PM by Rustee »

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
A little Rustee: Drawing Gallery
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 06:46:47 PM »
I found a very helpful youtube channel on tips to improve your drawings and to help figure out shapes, portions ect.  One tip they suggested was print and use a reference picture and draw the basic shapes over it.  Then on a clean paper use those shapes for guidance, and try to draw it from memory.  I felt like it has helped a lot, I am getting a little more confidant in the characters face shape and neck to body ratio.  Granted, I see a few flaws still, like her head to tilted to far and her head is a little big, but I was not about to erase over 2 hours of practice haha (yes this took over 2 hours for me to complete).  But at the same time I kinda like how her head is a little bigger and that may be a new discovery of my personal drawing skills.  Who knows, all I know was that I was extremely bothered by their face shape before, and now I am feeling much better on how they look and I found a new technique to do a rough draft for their head.  Now, I gotta work on angles, and maybe draw 2 characters posing.  So, in the 1st picture I show the reference on the bottom half, you can see where I went over it using familiar shapes then draw her out on another paper.  In the top half that is the outcome and I tried my best to do it by memory, but I did glance at it here and there, only when something wasn't looking right.  In the 2nd picture, I added some detail to her face is all, and thought I share it.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:49:22 PM by Rustee »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: A little Rustee: Drawing Gallery
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 12:58:45 AM »
Nice cat

Facebook       Patreon