April 20, 2019, 03:04:33 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Attempts at hair and body work  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
Re: Attempts at hair and body work
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 11:47:24 AM »
Haven't drawn much, my mind and health has been distracted.  I don't like how the faces are turning out anyways.  But last night I was working on hair, and for some reason liked how this turned out, and its been a hot minute since I posted on my gallery.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »
it can be a struggle at first when you are learning, but it's exactly because you are learning that you need to draw more :P
in fact I've been drawing for nearly 10 years and that still applies to me, and it will still apply 10 years from now :P
the hair does indeed look nice.
if you don't like how the face is turning out, do you have an idea of how you want it to turn out? like do you have a style you want to draw like? having a crisp image of what you are aiming at will help in improving your art to the next level.
hopefully you dont mind but I felt like doing a redline to show how I would have drawn the face myself. Obviously it's my own style but it might give you a point in the right direction.
Spoiler
the shoulders are a bit thin tho
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:28:09 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 11:12:40 AM »
I don't mind, that looks really good!  Thank you.  Its nice to have some guidance and the redline is super helpful!  It gives me a new view on the drawing and some ideas to hopefully improve.  I think I have a general idea on how i like my faces to looks, but currently trying different looks to see what I like and what comes natural, I just feel like my positioning and proportions are off.  And then trying to finish (like adding a body) is a whole new chapter.  Gotta take baby steps!  I'll get there one day...

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2019, 03:58:45 PM »
glad it helped.
haha yes adding a body is a whole different problem. no doubt you will get there if you keep at it :)
I sometimes try and trace other artists drawings/faces, but instead of just tracing, I try and draw guidelines first, as if I am drawing the face myself. It helps to break down what proportions/guidelines they used and then I can try them out on my own drawing.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
I've been thinking about doing the same, find some drawings to hopefully get a better idea on guidelines and proportions and draw them out (not trace).  I also found a youtube video of someone showing how they found their art style and gave some steps to follow to help others find their own, gave me a whole new outlook which is a nice change.

Offline Rustee

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
Had some appointments canceled at work the other day, so I jumped on paint and made this.  :noidea: