March 24, 2019, 03:19:25 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Superhuman Ability-Type Manga Idea  (Read 350 times)

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
Superhuman Ability-Type Manga Idea
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:48:04 AM »
I was going to place this next idea in my other topic but couldn't find a way to edit the title so that it just said Manga Ideas or whatever.  So, here is my next idea for a Manga.  Typically, Manga's of this nature have, most likely, been done before but I hope my plot separates itself from others even if only a little bit.  Tell me what you think.

Seven college individuals, all with entirely different personalities and nothing in common, become friends after receiving a suspicious note offering them a chance at a new life full of power and riches.  Each deals with the offer in their own way and they all eventually accept the proposal until one of them vanishes.  One after the next, they start to disappear from existence.  When they awaken, they are inside some sort of stasis chamber filled with water (not sure what they are called ;P).  The room is empty and dark as they all come to.  One of them manages to break free of the chamber and releases the others.

As they attempt to escape this prison-like area in which they were brought, they come in contact with resistance.  As adrenaline runs through each one them they begin to experience shocking abilities which they unknowingly use against the soldiers.  Before they can escape they come across the man in charge who calmly tries to reason with them but they will not accept what has happened.  The man then orders their execution which the friends are able to defend against and manage to finally escape...all except for one who stays behind to give them time to run away.

As days pass the friends become closer and try to understand and learn to control their newfound abilities.  However, they begin to feel a dark presence surrounding them; watching them.  What they do not realize is that their lost friend is still very much alive and very angry.  They later discover that he was not killed but rather placed back into his chamber so that these scientists could continue their project of making controllable superhumans.  The lost friend is no longer responsive and his abilities have been heightened.

He uses his powers to change reality and shake things up for his former friends.  They attempt to stop him but are not strong enough to do so.  The world becomes worse as the government is brought under total control of the man who gave them their powers.  They come to a breaking point from which they believe there is no surviving the impending doom.  However, one of the friends notices something odd about the world they are in.  Something very similar to what happened when their former friend used his abilities for the first time.

They all soon realize that it is all an illusion and they are trapped inside his mind.  They use this as an advantage that, ultimately, allows them to supercharge their abilities.  They finally manage to escape the trance they are in but when they awake they are back in the chambers with the lead scientist and their former friend, who appears more robot than human, standing on the other side of the glass.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: Superhuman Ability-Type Manga Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 01:53:07 AM »
At first, it sounds like a normal superheroes story.
The evil within spoiler
Spoiler
When we get to the trapped inside his mind part. The evil within. It's a horror game where at the end you find you are inside someone mind. Again It's not a criticism. Like you said your plot may separate it and make it stand out
It's a cool idea, it can be a fun superheroes story. I think you enjoy a build up then a twist in your writing.

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:26:28 AM »
I definitely do. I hate watching TV series or movies or whatever in which I can guess what is going to happen. I want to be able to create something that keeps everyone guessing what is going to happen next instead of knowing what is going to happen.

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:54:03 PM »
Oh boy, tough crowd. I guess neither of these ideas are quite what anyone is looking for LOL I guess I'll keep at it.

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 06:29:16 PM »
This can be deleted.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 04:20:59 PM »
It's not that its a tough crowd. The ideas sound nice but. From what I see people have their own ideas that they are passionate about and want to get made.
Don't take that no one jumping on your ideas personal. If you enjoy making ideas Go ahead and make them. Maybe someone will find a spark of inspiration in one of your ideas.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 07:49:04 PM »
Oh boy, tough crowd. I guess neither of these ideas are quite what anyone is looking for LOL I guess I'll keep at it.
No, I'm the tough crowd.

Seven college individuals, all with entirely different personalities and nothing in common, become friends
You are stealing from Hollywood's septic tank. What you are plagiarizing is not human behavior. People like people who are like themselves and dislike people who are different. That was the idea behind The Breakfast Club and all the other garbage that copied it.
after receiving a suspicious note offering them a chance at a new life full of power and riches.
We have all Seen Enter the Dragon and everything that stole from it.
Each deals with the offer in their own way and they all eventually accept the proposal until one of them vanishes.  One after the next, they start to disappear from existence.
Dead horse, stop beating it.
When they awaken, they are inside some sort of stasis chamber filled with water (not sure what they are called ;P).  The room is empty and dark as they all come to.  One of them manages to break free of the chamber and releases the others.
we have only seen this 2-3,000x. Stop plagiarizing.

However, they begin to feel a dark presence surrounding them; watching them.  What they do not realize is that their lost friend is still very much alive and very angry.  They later discover that he was not killed but rather placed back into his chamber so that these scientists could continue their project of making controllable superhumans.  The lost friend is no longer responsive and his abilities have been heightened.
Larry sacrifices himself to save his friends and then hates his friends for it? When you steal please try to understand what you are stealing.
Larry sacrificed himself because he it was worth it to him to save his friends. HE DOESN'T HATE THEM LATER FOR IT. That is another bit that is stolen from "friend left behind"

Hey look scientists trying to give enemies super human powers rather than give them to themselves/cronies!..
Seen that a billion times and it is STUPID every time I see it re-plagiarized.

We can go through your work line by line and point out other plagiarists you stole from. If you want to impress bring us something new and not things we have seen other people steal before.
This is of course if you want to make something good.
If you just want to make something successful, go to TV Tropes, look up Shonen anime, and use it as a template. Steal steal steal, and remember you can have any amount of stupid as long is it milks the emotions.

As it is none of this piece is yours. All of it is other people's Legos. In Hollywood/anime it is all about copying. In the real world it is about creating.

And now you know what the tough crowd really is.

Offline SavageLords91

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »
You do realize you are making wild accusations based on your previous history of what you have seen, don't you?  When I wrote this, I wrote it entirely from my head.  All of those movies or whatever you mentioned I've never even heard of and yet you have the gall to call me a plagiarist?  How am "I" supposed to know that what I write has already been made?  I could care less about that.  I want to create something that sounds cool and when I wrote this it sounded cool and something I haven't seen yet so I'd want to see it created.  If I spend time watching anime's and reading manga's back to back I am much more likely to accidentally plagiarize based on what I have seen because it will then be all I can think about.  So, I stick to using my own imagination and this is what I came up with.

No, I'm the tough crowd.

Seven college individuals, all with entirely different personalities and nothing in common, become friends
You are stealing from Hollywood's septic tank. What you are plagiarizing is not human behavior. People like people who are like themselves and dislike people who are different. That was the idea behind The Breakfast Club and all the other garbage that copied it.
after receiving a suspicious note offering them a chance at a new life full of power and riches.
We have all Seen Enter the Dragon and everything that stole from it.
Each deals with the offer in their own way and they all eventually accept the proposal until one of them vanishes.  One after the next, they start to disappear from existence.
Dead horse, stop beating it.
When they awaken, they are inside some sort of stasis chamber filled with water (not sure what they are called ;P).  The room is empty and dark as they all come to.  One of them manages to break free of the chamber and releases the others.
we have only seen this 2-3,000x. Stop plagiarizing.

However, they begin to feel a dark presence surrounding them; watching them.  What they do not realize is that their lost friend is still very much alive and very angry.  They later discover that he was not killed but rather placed back into his chamber so that these scientists could continue their project of making controllable superhumans.  The lost friend is no longer responsive and his abilities have been heightened.
Larry sacrifices himself to save his friends and then hates his friends for it? When you steal please try to understand what you are stealing.
Larry sacrificed himself because he it was worth it to him to save his friends. HE DOESN'T HATE THEM LATER FOR IT. That is another bit that is stolen from "friend left behind"

Hey look scientists trying to give enemies super human powers rather than give them to themselves/cronies!..
Seen that a billion times and it is STUPID every time I see it re-plagiarized.

We can go through your work line by line and point out other plagiarists you stole from. If you want to impress bring us something new and not things we have seen other people steal before.
This is of course if you want to make something good.
If you just want to make something successful, go to TV Tropes, look up Shonen anime, and use it as a template. Steal steal steal, and remember you can have any amount of stupid as long is it milks the emotions.

As it is none of this piece is yours. All of it is other people's Legos. In Hollywood/anime it is all about copying. In the real world it is about creating.

And now you know what the tough crowd really is.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 12:49:21 AM »
Hey man. Don't take it seriously. The "It has to be original Man!" mindset is not good for a writer/creates. You will never create anything if you think like that. I heard someone say people who think like that are too much of a cynic to create something themselves. He was talking about internet reviewers, I think part of it applies here.
Nothing is original and every story already been made. Everything under the sun yada yada

The story just has to be entertaining. A while back there was this webcomic. The main character looked like Luffy in a blue wig and he had a demon wolf inside of him, It was one of the top mangas on the site. If that creator thought It has to be original he will not have made it, but he did make it and people enjoyed it.
A little bit of originality helps just don't get hung up on it. So yea, just create something.
I'll leave a quote from a guy called Action

" I never went around to drawing the idea that I had since junior high/high school. I’m afraid that it’s too similar to other series that became popular, but I can’t think of anything else."

this mindset plagues many creative minds ^^

and sadly its digs so deep many storys are left untold^^

there is a fine line between a Reskin and similaritys

a reskin is just a story told in the exact same way as a existing story but only
name
locations
powers

renamed or altered in a very small way that changes nothing

basically is a story that takes another story but calling it your own

a similar story
is just a tale told in your own way with elements of what you loved in other storys put on paper

for example
if you like Fairy Tale's feeling of family and Guild quests
then just use those elements

create a cast of charaters that feel real and have chemistry with one another

the guild quest is just a excuse to go on adventures

so then you would just have to write a goal for your MC to travel
could be to just help others along the way
could be to discover parts unknown
could be to solve something of the past

who knows

having a original idea does not ensure success in fact most new ideas try to hard to display what they are

and forget to display who their cast even is

leaving them with no character and above all

boring ^^

me personally, as long as the cast is enjoyable to follow and make me invested

i don't care if its in the most cliche generic story that every exist

it will always be better then a brand new idea but with a cast I don't care to find-out if they succeed or fail

but thats just me^^   

-Action