March 29, 2024, 07:23:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sayuui's art Thread  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Sayuui

• View Profile
Sayuui's art Thread
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
Greetings! I am a freelance artist, Sayuui.
I'm running out of social media for posting and spreading the word about my art. I'm never lucky with social media, so I decided to look for more places to post my art. I recently deleted my deviantart account and I have no regrets at all~
Since I'm a new member, please warn me if I'm not supposed to post links here, but you can follow me on my social media if you like! Most of it has the same name and images~
Since most of my art is fanart atm, I decided to post to this subforum.

Instagram: sayuuiart
Twitter: sayuui

Note that this is a serious thread. I don't take requests, commissions only. I'm a freelancer. Thank you~
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:34:08 PM by Sayuui »
Instagram: @sayuuiart
Twitter: @sayuui

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Sayuui's art Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 09:33:28 PM »
Hey welcome to MR! As you surmised, we don't allow link posting until you've met some requirements. I also want you to know that we are a forum first, and a place to attract commissions a distant last. We prefer to concentrate on people who are still learning.

That being said, we would still love to have you around! It's a good place to hang out and make friends after all. We pride ourselves on that.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:56:20 PM »
Why did you delete you DeviantArt with no regrets?

Offline Sayuui

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 10:25:30 PM »
Hey welcome to MR! As you surmised, we don't allow link posting until you've met some requirements. I also want you to know that we are a forum first, and a place to attract commissions a distant last. We prefer to concentrate on people who are still learning.

That being said, we would still love to have you around! It's a good place to hang out and make friends after all. We pride ourselves on that.

Thank you! I saw you deleted some of the links. I was gonna do that myself, thank you! I'll make sure to post more stuff.

Why did you delete you DeviantArt with no regrets?

There are so many reasons to this! But the main reason is because it wasn't motivating my growth. Besides, since the new admins started messing up the site, unknown artists haven't been having the chance to grow. I had something like 2000 watchers, but I had to start over from a long hiatus. Even with that number, I'd get something like 100 views in a piece while in PIXIV I'd get 400 views on the same piece without the same effort lol the groups were all going dead from inactive admins and the forums aren't that great to get jobs, they're not very serious, everyone posts there and there are no rules~

Since they released that "eclipse" interface thing I knew it'd be pretty much the official death of the site. I love the deviantart community, but I started getting some pretty cranky comments from there so I decided to tell my (remaining) watchers to follow me on other social media. I must admit I got a little fed up xD but regardless, I have very good memories of the site!

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:53:19 PM »
I post there once a while. I have mostly sentimental feelings for the site, being my first art website and all. But I get what you saying.

Your art really nice. I think you got social media covered. You are on all the big ones. Check Newgrounds maybe. Recently A bunch of artists migrated there.

Offline Sayuui

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 12:04:13 PM »
I post there once a while. I have mostly sentimental feelings for the site, being my first art website and all. But I get what you saying.

I know the feeling, I've been there. I've posted on deviantart since I was 12 years old, so before I took the decision to quit I was still browsing on the site, having that love & hate relationship with it until I decided to close my account. I would automatically go there even knowing I wasn't posting there anymore. It still gives me an emptiness inside I'm not posting anymore. But time goes by, I had to move on!

Your art really nice. I think you got social media covered. You are on all the big ones. Check Newgrounds maybe. Recently A bunch of artists migrated there.

Thank you! I just made an account on twitter too and I'm loving it! Might be replacing tumblr in the future.
I just looked at this site you told me. I think it looks like a DeviantART 2.0 but with a lot of other things xD I like to be where the Japanese artists are~

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 06:27:13 PM »
Your art really is up there! But I totally feel you about not doing so hot with social media. I never could figure out how to make my life work out with posting regularly enough to get the marks. I'm across a few, including DeviantArt. I'm glad that whole disaster hurricane brought you to our humble little site. Hope you hang around for a while.
Haha signature go brr.