April 16, 2024, 02:37:50 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2019  (Read 47823 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2019
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2019, 07:36:10 AM »
The Carly Rae concert was real good.

I've been waiting for her to come here for 4 years since Emotion came out and it finally happened. The exact scenario I could've never guessed in a million years, but it was quite the time. We got 3rd row and as expected there where a lot of kids who all went up front against stage, but there where some other guys there around my age who understood how great Carly Rae is. It was a high energy performance, she is quite a good performer who brings a lot of quirkiness and life to the songs, she sounded great and the band was very tight. 

Song selection was pretty good. She blasted through "Call Me Maybe" as the sixth song just to get it over and done with, which I was happy about, get it out of the way. The ground was quaking though from everyone jumping around, including a selection of dude bros by the stage who soon got asked to sit down. I was hoping she'd play "Curiosity" but nah. However I was really happy that she did "Cry", which was a stand-out, "When I Needed You", which I didn't expect, "Let's Get Lost", I love the song and didn't expect it to be an encore, "Emotion" and "Gimme Love". "Real Love" was great as the first encore, and the show had a very consistent and fun vibe throughout.   

As soon as she played "Run Away With Me" as the third song everything came into place and it was all good to the end. There where some songs on Dedicated I don't really like such as "Happy Not Knowing" and "Feels Right", although the latter was a good performance. "Want You In My Room" was a good fit and "Everything He Needs". Though personally I'd take "Making The Most Of The Night" and "All That" over them any day. "Fever" and "Store" stood out as, generally great songs, but good additions. I was praying for "Roses" but you know, you can't get it all. "Party For One" and the last song "Cut To The Feeling" brought a ton of energy to the whole place. In general there was just a good atmosphere and feeling throughout the show. Carly Rae was animated and the keyboard dude broke out the sax, got really low during "Let's Get Lost".             

It was a good show, happy to have finally seen her. I've been having to explain to people why she's great and worth more than one stupid song for 4 years, anytime I mentioned her because people always thought I was joking or where just like "what other songs does she have?", so there was something just great about finally seeing her and having it be such a good concert. Like...ya. I dunno, good stuff.

Crazy that there kids in the audience who either weren't born yet or where too young to remember when "Call Me Maybe" came out though. That was a crazy thought I had, like...not an "I'm old" thing just a...wow...generations.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:38:19 AM by Manimal »

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2019, 08:51:05 AM »
talking of music I haven't bought any new music for a couple of years now, should probably see if any of my favourite artists have released any albums or something :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Hati

• The werewolf
  • genderqueer: he or she
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
I like almost everything except heavy metal and modern pop. I am a fan of Beck and like classical such as Ólafur Arnalds.

People are like "Why do you listen to such sad music?"
And I say "Because I admire it for it's beauty."
Pink moon's gonna get you all.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2019, 11:21:59 AM »
the Photobucket curse finally caught up to me today. All my past images that I posted with that as the host are now super low quality and watermarked, so that's about the first half of my topic's pages. When everyone started complaining a while ago, I wondered why my images never got watermarked, but now I see they were just getting round to me :/
not sure if I want to update everything or not, shouldn't take too long to update to imgur or something, but leaving the images as they are is a real annoyance to my OCD.
darn.

at least I have my topic backup which has all the uploaded images in order so I dont need to find them. who would have thought it would come in handy 2 days after mentioning it on MR.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:30:11 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
Ok this is embarrassing but I'm slowly learning that pessimism is literally making my life worse haha. Damn. I sort of thought I was being realistic about life and stuff but nope, I was literally looking for problems in the end.

Also I'm totally behind on my writing projects and everything in between. How goes you guys? Well enough, I hope.

Also music is nice

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
That sounds like a real nuisance for getting work done!
I probably sound like an optimist but I'm more of a realist. I notice a lot of negative things but I don't give them headroom. I suppose that's what optimism is huh.
Pessimism seems like a milder version of depression.
Having a good attitude is more than seeing or not seeing problems or good things, but how those things make us feel, or really how we let them make us feel. And a positive attitude is so good for productivity. But it goes against my natural lazy tendencies so it's always a battle XD
I'm increasing to about 20% efficiency nowadays which is awesome.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2019, 08:01:19 PM »
Haha, yeah man, you gotta be optimistic! 1) It makes life better, 2) you'll be happier, 3) you'll have more energy to tackle things because you believe they'll go well.

Good luck on your new path, dear friend!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2019, 02:14:20 PM »
so a kid at school actually said ok boomer to me.....smh

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2019, 12:27:54 PM »
I mean I know you're not that old  :-X I guess there's just that age where you still look at anyone who fits the definition of 'adult' as being essentially the same.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2019, 01:13:25 PM »
indeed, especially from a child's point of view
*sigh*

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2019, 11:55:13 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Americans! I hope it's a good day no matter how you're spending it, or who with.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »
So I was listening to ASMR while writing today and it was kind of a strange experience. Cause like, you hear all the sounds and whatnot, but you don't really notice them that much, so they're not all that distracting I guess? Not sure if it had any actual effect on my writing, but I don't think that matters much.

Anybody here ever tried ASMR before? I don't always get the "tingles" from watching and listening to the videos, but I definitely have fallen asleep a couple of times, which is one of the main benefits of ASMR I believe.
Messatsu...

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2019, 01:02:08 AM »
I've definitely watched/listened to some of the videos, but I guess I can't say I've ever really 'gor' ASMR. Now that I have an actually nice pair of headphones though maybe I'll try it out again. I definitely wasn't giving it the best chance to succeed with mt old earbuds held together with electrical tape.

Online Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2019, 02:43:03 AM »
I've never tried it. I basically sleep to anything as long as it isn't silence haha

Online Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:30 AM »
Who among us can get actual silence these days? I do my best, but at the very least I still hear my clock ticking, noises from surrounding apartments, and cars in the parking lot and the street.