May 20, 2019, 06:42:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2019  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2019
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
Don't listen to him. In five years streaming will have turned into what cable became, and you will still have books.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 08:07:59 PM »
Honored to have Aldrich back. Dunno if I ever actually directly met you before, but I know enough from poking around long enough.

Happy belated 2019 and all that, y'all. I promise I still live.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »
Small update:

tw: discussion of smoking
Y'know, since this forum is technically PG/PG-13 and smoking cigarettes is usually an 18+ type deal...
I used to smoke cigarettes and then vaped after that. Even though I "quit" a while back, my cravings have been stirred up, likely due to stress. A friend of mine suggested smoking herbs (like catnip and lavender--please note that I do not condone smoking marijuana where it is illegal), and that's actually been working well for me. No tobacco, no nicotine, no carcinogen filters, plus the act of holding something between my fingers and inhaling smoke is enough to sort of trick my brain out of its funk.

So like, if you're looking for ways to shave off cigarette smoking, I recommend trying it. Also rolling your own cigarettes is way cheaper anyway.

DISCLAIMER: inhaling any kind of smoke or vapor into your lungs is inherently harmful, and although some items may be "safer", that does not mean that they are "safe" proper. Don't start, kids.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:32:00 PM by MahluaandMilk »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2019, 05:42:47 AM »
What is this? A wild Mahlua appeared.

Oh jeez I think I've had worst discussions without considering that. I keep on thinking everyone is the same age. Wait! Don't remind me I'm not a teenager anymore. Please. NOOOOOO

Ahem

Spoiler
Truly only ever been a 'social' smoker. I 100% do it only for the aesthetic feel of smoking. Haven't really ever felt the nicotine thing. But I feel this nice, fluffy 'wall' between myself and my emotions and that's OK.

The cigarette rolling thing is super popular where I'm at. Taxes are murder on the wallets of career smokers, so they learn it. Now I've gotta tell you I love seeing girls smoke for some silly reason (They look soooo coool) But them rolling cigarettes with one hand and ish makes me drool. Also looks cool when dudes do it because it's a high art, but I don't know man. Just how.

I try and only ever come up with messes.

I'm on the fence about vaping. Ray Velcoro puts it best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL3AuyOfBtI

But the smooke! It's so much! And cheaper I hear. So yeah on the fence but understand.

How much does it cost to get the liquid stuff?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2019, 07:45:01 AM »
Ah man, I would not condone getting into vaping either Lego. Vaping liquid has some real nasty *censored* in it too. It's a prime case of the law not moving fast enough to keep up with the product. There's a lot of talk of "no long term health problems", but the stuff hasn't been on the market long enough for long term health problems to occur. Just remember how long it took people to figure out cigarettes were bad for you. History repeats and all that.

Herb cigarettes are definitely a way to progress. If only to cut the tobacco out. And look, I definitely partake in the occasional smoke, so I can't judge, but if you have a habit, it's seriously worth considering how to break it.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2019, 10:56:51 PM »
And honestly the first step is to recognize that it is a habit, and it probably is an addiction (in my case), and to examine your urge from that perspective. It's like a parasite in your brain as opposed to something you really want. But man I feel on the aesthetic, Lego.

Gotta say, though, any product like vaping that isn't even required to provide an ingredients list should be scrutinized and not trusted. Although I used to vape as well.

For me it's not really a nicotine thing either, at least I don't think. In fact, cigarettes have always made me feel pretty gross when I have hit the nicotine high. I don't really like being high, as I've discovered. But the act of smoking itself feels empowering, and that is where the addiction comes from for me.

So yeah, just...to all the non-smokers out there: you are beautiful and perfect as you are please never change this aspect of yourself.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
Finally, a way for Manimal to bond with his TTRPG-playing friends: https://boyproblems.myportfolio.com

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
Oh my. That's kind of...wonderful really. I almost want to become a $5 Patron of that. Sorry guys we aren't playing stupid Senji again, and forget about Talisman, it's Carly Rae time...I like it.   

Me and my friend went to the real Chinese restaurant in town, like you know not just chicken balls but food I've never even seen before. They do something on the weekend where they have a ton of dishes and you check what you want. Dim Sum. It's my belief that they put chicken feet on the menu just to mess with Westerners. Just to laugh at us try to eat them. and we tried to eat them. and we failed. But everything else was cool and it was like an actual new taste for some stuff, plus it was a small unsuspecting place. A possible successor to the Polish restaurant that I will never get over.

Though like I said the best pierogis I've had since the Polish restaurant where at the Japanese all you can eat place. I bet you only in my city would you hear someone say "they have good pierogis at the Japanese place". 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:12:16 PM by Manimal »

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
they have good pierogis at the Japanese place
lol
There aren't any decent Japanese places near me at all. I would love an all you can eat one for sure.

well I found my dusty Rubik's cube yesterday and gave it a spin. After relearning all the moves I can just about solve in under 3 minutes. My old record as a kid was 1:50 so I'm hoping I can smash that and get at least under a minute. Also I don't feel like drawing at all. Well I've drawn a lot lately so meh.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
So this is the best thing ever when it happens at the shop.

Someone was selling CD's, he was pretty goofy but already. Talking about how he was going to get so wasted he'd piss himself and go skeet shooting. Anyway he had Van Halen II so I was like, "cool this is a good album, lots of good songs like D.O.A." (I always flex my knowledge by mentioning the obscure songs on the albums so people know I know, like a dink) and at the exact same time we both started to hum the riff of D.O.A. It was cosmic, it was true magic in real life.

and then today someone was like "ya I like early Sabbath, you know that one song that sounds like an old World War II machine gun" and I was like "Oh Children Of The Grave, you know the one that goes ba-banahnahnahnah" then he was all "baaa" then I was all doing the drum fill on the counter and soon enough we did the whole intro, looking like idiots no doubt but sometimes real magic happens in life if you let it.   

Don't really know why I posted this but you know.     
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:31:49 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2019, 09:28:11 AM »
Specific Records put out Haru Nemuri's Haru to Shura on record for sale this morning at 2 AM, only 500 copies. I woke up at 5:40 and there was 4 copies left, ticked down to 3 right there and by the time I frantically typed in my info on my phone and when I placed my ordered there was 1 left. They're repressing it in May but nice to have gotten it, first press, in the zero hour anyway. and for $40 shipped it's a pretty good price for an amazing record. and another J-Pop album on record as well...always great. Just hope it's a good pressing.     

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
There's nothing worse than paying for a brand new record only to find out that it's all jankey. Like excuse me sir or madam I paid for that.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2019, 02:06:53 PM »
well done for getting it!!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Manimal

• Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
There's nothing worse than paying for a brand new record only to find out that it's all jankey. Like excuse me sir or madam I paid for that.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I've got some pretty poor cheapo pressings. Like Teenage Dream where there are only 2-3 songs a side on 2 records and it sounds worse than the CD. New press records are often mediocre I find, or just passable, but necessary to get certain albums/artists in my collection. No new press records I've got have matched up to the sheer quality of the Beatles mono reissues though, those are God tier, absolutely amazing packaging and pressing. I am worried about this Haru album though since I was in such a rush I somehow didn't put my house number just the street. I emailed Specific Recordings and someone replied but than Bandcamp sent an email saying it was shipping with the incomplete address. So...I hope I actually get it. 

BUT ON DISCOGS. The fricking dingus dink I ordered Kusokawa Party from hasn't done anything in 2 weeks, no notice of shipping or anything. I sent a message and will do the seller not responding thing tomorrow if I get no reply. He had a 100% feedback but then someone recently left a negative saying basically "no update". So...might've just lost some money there if that doesn't work out. This will be my last order on Discogs if I get it or not.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 06:56:41 PM »
Pictures or it never happened! Damn that sounds exclusive as heck haha.

I still don't know how vinyls are made, but damn do I like the sound of them.