December 02, 2020, 04:00:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Chit Chat 2019  (Read 25489 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Professional Overthinker
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat 2019
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2019, 04:37:06 AM »
well I managed to restore my previous installation which was nice, so I'm back to square 1
at least my PC isn't that bad, so I can live with it for a bit longer, plus I've learned a whole bunch of useful tips that might help for next time. Bit annoyed but feeling better than yesterday, although my cold is full on now.

edit
looks like I've lost one of my harddrives. RIP.
fortunately nothing personal/important was on it, but plenty of stuff that I wanted, like references I've saved over the years, PDFs, some anime/manga, etc. So I'm trying all sorts of recovery but the drive is really being stubborn and keeps crashing stuff.
Fortunately the drive has 2 partitions, so I can do a test on the one that has less important stuff and see if it works. But I'm losing hope.

edit2
well after a huge amount of trying out stuff I basically found a sequence of actions that allows me to access the drive without it crashing. needless to say I'm copying everything to my spare 1TB drive before it dies completely. I think there's some sectors that I won't eb able to recover, but so far it's soooo much better than previously. Like all my art book PDFs and so on I'm recovering as we speak. soooo much happier than before, needless to say :D

....wait no it still crashes. so still a lot of work ahead. at least I've saved the most important files. if i try and access a sector that's busted the whole thing crashes, so I've got to be patient as well.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:05:27 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2019, 10:36:22 AM »
That sucks Suuper! Good luck in getting it fixed!

About time to say goodbye to the ol' 2019 chit chat. Get your resolutions in now folks!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2019, 11:46:54 AM »
yeah it was a bit of a panicky couple of days for sure. Next time I'll just buy a new PC haha much less stress :P

ugh resolutions.
Lately I've been making resolutions at the point when I see I need it, rather than waiting for a new year or month or something, because it's a bit silly to wait before doing something you've decided you want to do. I get that it helps people to get in gear if they are less productive naturally tho so I'm not dissing the idea, just it's not for me.
that being said I have plenty of goals.
-Reboot the Daily Sketch and draw a sketch every day for the next year (hopefully today or tomorrow)
-Spam study on art topics and pull out every single last stop for reaching pro-hood. I'll be aiming at 2 hours a day since it seems my schedule can handle that normally. I'll be throwing my pride out the window even more and learning as much as I can from tutorials and so on, although I still want to learn as much as I can on my own.
-Include more writing into my projects, maybe starting with character descriptions and single page manga scripts, and work up to a couple of one-shot mangas.

since a new year means making lots of "2020" folders in my organisation though, I am a bit more determined to not be SO organised when it's not necessary, and prioritize art rather than statistics. I'd rather be good and have no idea how, than to have an incredibly clear picture of why I'm not good :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:41:32 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Manimal Claus

• God Of Xmas & Yuletide Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »
2019 was pretty wild for me, compared to last year it was like the life experience switch really kicked on. Amazing things happened, bad things happened, in general I lived life. Which is more than I can say for myself regarding the second half of 2018. I have learnt to take chances when they come, and by doing this it has paid off and made me learn and experience a lot more. It was this, it was that, and I have learned so much it's crazy. Going in 2020 I feel more whole and am more grateful for what I have and the people in my life. Something cheesy like that.

So my New Year's Resolutions...

- I want to make an album with the guys I jam with and just keep jamming and hopefully being okay. I finally found people to jam with this year for the first time and we have fun even if we ain't good yet
- I want to make a good album this year myself. Not just more rush jobs but an album that is altogether good. I intend to take my time more so with my music. I have taken a break since September and I'm ready to go again
- Keep watching good movies and reading books, which are two things I started doing regularly this year that I find quite worthwhile
- Get back into seasonal anime, which I enjoyed in 2016-17 but fell out of 
- Seek out some exciting new to me music, I didn't really discover much of anything new to me this year
- It's my intention to go back to school and I finally have a better idea since I now have a job that has shown me I can do things I didn't think I could and expanded my worldview

Offline Suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
Ahhhhhh yes I too have the anime desire.
Haven't watched anime properly since I dropped it a couple of years ago to do an extra qualification, and put the time into my art instead when I had free time again. But I could probably use a bit of downtime, and watching with subs is great for boosting my Japanese.

I could probably do with a 2019 review of my art progress.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »
Resolutions? Eek!

I haven't really tracked my art progress during a year, but I think 2019 was less about improving for me and more of getting myself to actually draw.

Let's see...

Next year's resolutions:
- Drawing/Sketching every day
- More art collabs/trades/challenges
- Learning another instrument
- Getting better at figure drawing
- Finishing one of my story projects
- Start more story projects
- And so on

This is more of a 2020 to-do list for me. I've been finding it easier to focus on goals per month. So it'll probably work out that way.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Vacant The Red Faced Raider

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2019, 11:15:49 PM »
A belated merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the Raiders out there. Hope 2020 and this whole shiny, new decade work out well for you! :cheer:

Offline Suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2020, 01:27:03 PM »
@echo
so true about doing goals per month. I've been doing that too. And nice set of goals. I totally agree with drawing every day. It gives a superb boost to productivity.