September 23, 2019, 03:45:05 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Request A Tutorial  (Read 826 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Request A Tutorial
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
Request a tutorial that you'd be interested in. Posting tutorials you found useful is also fine, but perhaps a Raider will be able to make one (or has already made one) and will be willing to share some knowledge.

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
Re: Request A Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
Hey lego, i seen that you use the scribble method which i use now as of a day ago and find that its alot more fun. My problem is that it makes the figure drawing easier but i have trouble building around it any tips.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »
The only thing I can share is that you should draw from reference as much as possible, and do it more than just 1 or 2 times... Copy a lot of drawings even if you don't feel like it to a huge amount - For example 1,000. But you can always do 100 if you want or something less.

Do you have art buddies who draw with you and are at your same level?

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
I would love to know how to clean lineart up after inking a sketch. Or is it seriously just going over the whole thing at 1000% zoom with an eraser and brush to fix the mistakes. cos that sounds painful......

@bossx5 you might find it helpful to switch between fast scribbling and slow precise lines. the scribbles help to lay down a dynamic base, but then you need to decided what lines you actually want to be part of your drawing and which lines are wrong. When working digitally you can use as many layers as you need to clean up or add details. here's one of my recent works as an example.
Spoiler
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
Dude this gif is exactly the sort of responses to requests that I'm looking for. This turned out sooo well. How long did it take?

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 05:32:29 PM »
thanks, it's still one of my best. took about 90 minutes if I recall correctly. it was a request on my request thread. Peoples's step by step gifs are super helpful to me because it skips all the chatter and just says "this is how I did it"
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 06:09:24 PM »
I just started so i know i need practice thanks guys ill post the turnout one day im going to try to turn out 2500 sketches in a month a challenge to myself.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 06:50:04 PM »
thats an awesome challenge! can't wait to see how that turns out!

Offline NishimuraTaira

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
What's a good tutorial/Book for someone who is a level 0 beginner. like no drawing experience, nothing. something to start someone from zero to something he'd be somewhat proud about what he drew?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 11:09:34 PM »
I don't have a specific book/tutorial that you can find, but I do have a place to start.

So, I gave up on art a while ago. Well, 'gave up' is a bit harsh. I sacrificed trying to get better at art in order to concentrate fully on prose. But when I was working at art, I always found drawing from life to be a rewarding way to just get the feeling of putting ink to paper into my head. Just work with a photo or what you can see in front of you. A lot of art is just training your hand to move the way you want it to. And professionals use references all the time, so don't feel like it's a crutch. There's a reason you see groups of art students sketching landscapes on a college campus. It's an important step.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:47 AM »
Yeah learning from life is a great start. You can google image "male face in profile" etc for specific things to copy. Pinterest and DeviantArt also have lots of reference and tutorials for how to draw stuff which is sometimes helpful.