June 27, 2019, 02:37:10 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Happy New Years 2019, Resolutions & Absolutions  (Read 425 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
  • Topo Gigio
    • View Profile
Happy New Years 2019, Resolutions & Absolutions
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »
Welcome to 2019, what will it be this year?

Post whatever, the classic resolutions or whatever else.

For me 2018 was a year of coasting, but it was a very simple year and overall I learnt a lot about myself and the world. I dropped out of college end of 2017 and got a job the beginning of 2018. From here I've really just kind of went about my day to day. But then Kansas happened, which I've talked about many times. The first week of July was the most important week of my life in such a long time. A lot was unearthed for me and in this major life experience I came back...with intense melancholy. At my highest moment in so long, it had felt like my working had paid off! But the day I came home I was hit with this grayness that didn't lift until the last week of December. It was honestly the only remarkable week of my 2018, which is fine, atleast I had one amazing week.

I realized that you can have these high points but you will just go back to normal life, this is a reality that is obvious but you need to experience it! My life has not quite felt the same since KC, I felt the last half of 2018 was super coasting! But from all my experiences at my job and stuff I've come to really realize the value of my friends and family and realize how lucky I am in so many ways. I really realized how important the relationships I have with other people are. 

I did a few things that scared me in 2018. It took me forever to get to the point where I said, yes I'm going to Kansas. Thanks to the amazing show A Place Further Than The Universe, I came to this resolution firmly. That show was very important to motivating me, it went into my top 10 anime for sure. I have a lot about myself that I need to change in order to meet my "dreams". I have a lot of hindering qualities and I have limited myself and for no reason prevented myself from going anywhere. I have held myself back for way too long.

In 2019 I want to finally form a fricking band or atleast find people to jam with. I want to make a ton more music as always, but I need to take it out of my basement! I want to strengthen some of my friendships and maybe make some new ones. I made some important new friends this year and it helped me come to a lot of realizations about myself and the world. I want to try to keep turning a new page in 2019 and write my story where I left off the day I came home from KC. I won't make big statements, I'll just see how it goes.

2018 was my great coasting year. This year I imagine I'll go back to school and who knows what else might happen? I'll just wait and see. I'm 22, now's the time to get the most out of life I can and not look back in regret, not for the things I did, but for the things I didn't do. I regret heavily chances and opportunities I missed since 2014, oh my God do I ever have big regrets for what I haven't done, but I will learn and I will try to not pass up on things so easily. Time to be a little less of a loser maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzgtAn0ect0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzgtAn0ect0
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:19:39 AM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Years 2019, Resolutions & Absolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
You got to get yours Manimal! Fight for what you want. Struggle. Struggling is what makes life worth living.

On my end, I did really good in 2018 with eating better and getting into shape, but I need to expand on what I've done. My big goal is to develop cardio and flexibility.

Of course, I have plenty of writing that needs done. 2018 was the first year since like, 2012 that I truly was on my game writing wise. It's a trend I intend to further. The key was, as it always is with this kind of thing, to just do the darn thing.

Fight on!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 08:27:24 PM »
That great to hear Manimal! The majority of life is a mundane struggle, but learning to appreciate those little things and taking positives from even the most crappiest of situations is what makes us feel alive as humans. Keep on man! I hope forming that band finally works out for you.

I'm on the same boat as Coryn pretty much. Lost a lot of weight and got a lot of writing done in 2018. I'm looking to carry on that momentum into 2019 and improve on my consistency. Also, 2018 was the first year I actually felt good about my work. I want to feel like that all through 2019.
Messatsu...

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:21:34 AM »
Good on you to catalogue your year like that Manimal. Seems like you went through quite the process indeed. Wishing you all the best for this year too man. And form that freakin band!

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
sounds like you had a crazy year Manimal T_T

2018 was a poor year for me, mostly because of being ill for most of it and consequently getting a mini depression (T_T;)
but I had a whole bunch of highlights nonetheless, mostly art related.

-I did some requests as practice commission work (some pending I'll get to that lol)
-with a huge eureka moment I figured how to improve my lineart quality from sketchy to quite neat (possibly the fastest singular growth as an artist I will ever have I think)
-I sorted all my traditional papers and scanned them in (was pending for at least 5 years)
-I realised that linearts don't have to be coloured for it to be a finished piece, reducing my stress when working.
-And sorted through my artworks to find half finished drawings/wips, which I am now working on to finish as part of my drawing routine.
-I made more coloured finished pieces than any other year (over double my previous top year)
-I made more finished linearts than any other years total (In December ALONE)

Programming-wise:
-I made (improved) a flash card application for learning Japanese kanji
-I improved my gesture program that I use when drawing (still not good enough to share sry)
-I made a quick-cropping program to cut out the wips from my pages of sketches that I make.
-I made a crossword generator (but couldn't find a large enough dictionary that didn't have swearwords and Latin plants and stupid stuff like that)

My plans for the future are same as always, get better at drawing:
-Do more 1000x regimes
-Finish all the requests on my thread and try to promote to get paid to do it instead (dunno what websites yet)
-Write a short 5/6 chapter manga, and get it printed into a book (not professionally made, just handmade I guess)
-Clear out my wips from early years (2014 and before) as inking/colouring practice for my better sketches.
-Try and average one complete drawing a day and/or draw something every day
-Learn to draw men (0_0;)

-And like a few others have said, lose a bit of weight and get a bit more fitness XD

Hope everyones plans go well!!
All the best in forming a band and all that other cool sounding stuff Manimal!
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!