June 26, 2019, 03:59:57 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Returning and Forgetful  (Read 1572 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
Re: Returning and Forgetful
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »
Nah, nothing to be sorry about. I told Tony in the first place that I was sort of just trying it out. It was fun for a moment, but I started to feel like I was spending too much time on writing and that chat and it was eating up my time for music and other things I was and am more interested in, which was starting to depress me. I sort of learned my lesson about priorities then. Tony and I butted heads a lot as far as opinions on writing, too. Doubt that would have really worked out, though I imagine me being one of only three writers leaving may have only set the group further back. Sorry about that. My memory is fuzzy when it comes to some of the members, but I enjoyed talking music with Mike and calling Tony "Pink Wang."

Also, didn't JackMelancholy join and leave the group sporadically? Or is that someone else I'm thinking of?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:13:54 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 09:12:24 PM »
Ah! Cookie I should have realized! Yeah, SM caused quite the lion share of drama for a while. The peak of all that was probably the hardest time in the forum's history. No offense of course. It was a mixed bag of people after all.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »
It's alright Coryn. We had quite a few members with elitist attitudes. They really didn't mind rubbing others the wrong way lol

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 10:30:48 PM »
haha. Yeah no kidding. Those ones in particular are a big reason we're stricter when it comes to trouble makers these days. We still prefer reform, but the grace period is definitely shorter than it used to be.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 07:48:15 PM »
SaltyMango... my memory is quite bad regarding it haha. I see some of my stuff on the SaltyMango tumblr at some points, but I remember almost nothing about it.  :ohmy: Upon looking at your 3D work though Cookie, it seems quite familiar. Welcome back  ;D

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 08:03:03 PM »
Wow Ryan you're still here! It has been ages. I know everyone keeps pointing out my 3D work but I was originally recruited as a writer for the group TT I can also draw TT

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
I heard my name.

I'm joking, but I remember the Salty Mango vaguely.

Leadership is very important in these types of business groups, and I think people sometimes get tunnel vision on having certain skill sets when they build these groups. It would have been the leader's job to deal with the drama in the group especially if it prevented the group from getting things done.

I've been in drama heavy groups like that and it was especially hard because I wasn't in a leadership position. One group we had an absolutely terrible leader and I typically needed to solve problems that he created. Eventually I just decided that it wasn't my job to pick up the pieces and I left and sure enough the group fell apart shortly after.

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

I've been in drama heavy groups like that and it was especially hard because I wasn't in a leadership position. One group we had an absolutely terrible leader and I typically needed to solve problems that he created. Eventually I just decided that it wasn't my job to pick up the pieces and I left and sure enough the group fell apart shortly after.

^ Basically what happened to me. I had no interest in leadership and disliked doing duties that I considered as his.

Offline MorganManga

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 10:38:43 PM »
I am sorry that you had such an unfortunate experience. I wish you luck and welcome back, even though I wasn't around for the first time.
I am learning to draw Manga, check out my art here!: https://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/topic,19370.0.html

Offline OhGodHelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 01:04:13 AM »
I either wasn't around for all of the drama or I was just neck-deep in trying to write something worth a crap. Either way, each ending is a new beginning. Welcome home.