March 29, 2024, 02:14:33 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Returning and Forgetful  (Read 6992 times)

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
Returning and Forgetful
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:49:20 AM »
Hello. Returning writer here, also artist but mainly writer. Tried to log into my old account but apparently I deleted it. Either that or I can't remember my information for the life of me. Honestly, I left this site due to drama and I suppose because I had some sad memories here. I was involved with a group of very talented artists and writers that I met on this site and we made good progress. Unfortunately the group fell apart due to the inability to coordinate well with each other for projects.

I'm back currently as a way to try and help motivate myself to get back into Manga and the creation process. My boyfriend of five years is a talented artist and has always been trying to convince me to create a story for him to draw. Lately, he seems to be drawing less and it makes me sad to see him slowly start to lose motivation for something that he loves. I've resisted writing a script for him because it has been so long since I've written at all and because of the negative emotions that I still have when it comes to working with others I care about on projects. We actually met through that art group... He's the only artist in the group who was not a part of Manga Raiders (he dislikes online social forums).

Currently, I don't have a story and don't really know where to start... I do have characters and creatures in my mind that have always been there but have never found a use. I suppose I'm planning on keeping a bit of a journal with random thoughts piled in. Maybe I'll meet some people on here who can help motivate and inspire me to make something that can motivate and inspire him.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! Maybe some of you for the second time around ;)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Returning and Forgetful
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 01:56:20 AM »
welcome back to MR!
it's very hard to keep a project organised long term (especially an online group), sorry about your experience!
hopefully you can write a story soon that you will be proud of for your boyfriend to draw!

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:59:06 AM »
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about all the drama that went on here. I heard that 2014 or something was just a total mess. I was on hiatus at the time, so I wouldn't know. 2011 was pretty weird too, if memory serves. I'm also sorry to hear that your group collaboration fell apart. I know the feeling, though. Communication is not just important--it's mandatory.

Hopefully we can scoot on over to the Develop Your Story section and help you out.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:51:42 AM »
Welcome back to MR, Cookie. What was your original username? It might help jog some memories.

I am sorry you walked away the first time with sad memories. We all try our best here, but of course we're only human. Although I can tell you that we've been pretty well draw free here for several years now. I hope it stays that way, for all our sakes.

I understand losing that passion though. To be honest, I lost almost all passion for writing myself for several years. There were a few short stories here and there, but for a long time I practically left it behind. At the end of last year though, I found myself filled with a creative energy that hasn't subsided yet. I'm working on something like 6 stories at once now because of it.

Interest will wane and wax, but as long as you keep it as part of your soul, it will never leave you. Sometimes people just drift away for a while. Even if they feel they may have lost their drive completely, the littlest of things can bring it back with a vengeance!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »
Welcome back to MR, Cookie. What was your original username? It might help jog some memories.

We knew each other back in the day actually Coryn. I was Emocookie with the Salty Mango group that honestly was causing a lot of drama on the forum back in the day. I do believe I spotted another old member of Salty Mango who has also chosen to make a new account, so that was interesting. But yeah, you and I chatted a few times on Skype back then. It has been years ^^ glad to hear that you got some of your motivation back! I really respected you as a writer.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »
Hmm, the name emocookie sounds familiar...(does a quick site search) Emocookie41, huh? (Scrolls through posts).

Oh! That's how I know that name. You actually were active during a time I was. Back when I typed in yellow. A better time than when I typed in purple. Haha, fortunately I've dropped some pretenses. Still in TNR though.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 03:01:53 PM »
Yeah. I thought because my posts were still here that the account was still active but apparently when I try to log in it doesn't exist. Probably for the best anyways. A lot of the stuff I posted back then was god awful LOL

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
I remember Salty Mango being a thing, but I don't think I was around at the time, at least not active.
It looks like your account still exists, so you should still be able to log in. If something has gone wrong you can give Hasith a PM and he would be able to help. But often after a long time away a new start is just as good I guess.

I see from the old posts you did 3D work? I do a little but not to the same level of detail as what you posted back then :)
hopefully you're even better now :)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »
Ah yeah. One of the things we were experimenting with in the group was the creation of 3D settings (made by me) being drawn over by artists. I did a few pieces in the group that used my models and their art. The idea was that if I created the settings it would save times since we would not need to redraw the backgrounds, we could just rotate the model and capture the image to draw on.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »
that's pretty much why I'm learning to use 3D backgrounds - for the repeatability :)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 04:19:17 PM »
Reminds me of Vio and Kesashi. I think Kesashi is more vector based and idk if Vio is still around, but I'm pretty sure they did a bit with 3d modeling. Kesashi is still around, so they might be a resource on that.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »
-removed-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:37:37 AM by The SlamJam »

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »
JAMIEEEEE! JAMESU!!!!! Dude it has been forever. Yo there was a reason for it and I can tell you about it in private if you'd like. I knew I saw you around here! Guy I need to see your updated art <3 Are you doing ok?

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »
Oh hey there, cookie. I was in SaltyMango and was pretty active in the chat for a short-ish period. It was a huge time waster for me and I wasn't %100 on joining in the first place as fiction-writing is more of a hobby for me, so I quit relatively early, but I remember you. I did stay long enough to get to know most of the people who would end up staying.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:44:57 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
I'm sorry about that. I remember you actually. I believe you joined right around the time that things kind of were starting to get rocky. There was an issue in regards to what the group should be working towards, how fast we should be getting to our goals, and what goals we wanted to set. Mix that with the amount of procrastination (there was one artist in particular who took over a month to finish one art piece - really was the last straw for me). Leaving SM and giving up on the group was one of the hardest decisions I had to make. As one of the original three they were like family to me...

I hope things have been going well for you!