April 17, 2024, 09:18:50 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: If "Drawing" was an RPG skill!!  (Read 14983 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: If "Drawing" was an RPG skill!!
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2019, 04:28:15 PM »
Aw heck no lel. I haven't even finished properly cataloguing the drawings that I have, but they did give me a good wakeup call on where I was artwise.

In an RPG a 'respec' means putting your stat points that you've already gained into others. Possible if you can find the correlation between drawing a straight line and some practical life skill... cutting a pizza maybe?

Anyways starting from 0 imo is like reincarnation or something.  As unsatisfactory as my skill level is I cannot deny the drawings that I made in the past.

Er... my two cents. Go for it if ye wish.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2019, 04:39:58 PM »
@lego
I've only reverse cataloged about 4 months lol I still don't know how much higher or lower my levels are to what they should be XD

thats actually a pretty decent reason which I didn't think of and I agree it does somewhat defeat the whole purpose of the level system.
I cannot deny the drawings that I made in the past.
seriously cool quote there.

probably a better way to implement it would be setting targets like "gain X levels in Skill Y this year", which I think I am more inclined to do now that I think about it. So we start at "0 improvement", even though we are already at different levels individually.
I'd certainly like to think I could gain about 10 levels in each skill. I'd also love to get backgrounds above level 15 ASAP. Also manga pages is pathetically low gotta get that a bit higher too.

So let's aim to increase our levels from where they are. more experienced/higher level artists will have to work harder to get a higher level, but that's the whole point of the system anyway :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »
Domo

Oh I'm totally in the mood for a Year long rush. In fact this Sunday evening I'm planning on going on streaming me going through my regimen digitally. (If not then Monday)

I don't make resolutions, but I do want to go crazy with drawing and stuff. With milestone goals it'll be even better because yeah we all have projects on our backburner. Numbers give focus!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2019, 04:53:30 PM »
yeah I'm not fixing any proper resolutions, because I often focus on what I need NOW, which changes depending on what I want to do. So while being productive, I might end up doing something completely different.
would be great to see your streaming, let us know when you're online :)
I do want to go crazy with drawing and stuff.
Yup me too haha
Let's make this "the year" (whatever that means :P)

On unrelated but related news, I've made a mini program that keeps a track of my activity and what programs I use the most. I'm glad to say that GIMP has just passed 1 day of usage since the program started running, and it's the most used program thankfully. Chrome is a solid second though which means I waste a lot of my time browsing >_<;
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2019, 01:31:07 AM »
-removed-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 01:36:47 AM by The SlamJam »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2019, 04:10:15 AM »
Probably not, as Lego said its like our skills go back to 0 which just isnt true, so it feels a bit strange.
But what we can do instead is see how our levels increase during the year from where they currently are. Thats what im planning to do.
im thinking maybe i can change the rpg level thing to show increase since a certain time, so each level will be like "5 (+2)" so it used to be 3 but gained 2 levels. That would be cool.