March 29, 2024, 12:53:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Project: TerraFusion v2.0 (Chapter 2 Out!) (Please take time to read)  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Zargon_King

• Mirai Nikki: Another World
    • View Profile
Prologue
Spoiler
Breathless, tired, her muscles were begging for her body to drop and rest; to surrender in defeat. In an instant, within the shade of a fairy, the fatigue was gone. Her companion, floated gracefully back into the azure above, blending in with the golden rays of the star blazing down at the Colosseum; Atrium.

She was still drenched in perspiration, that much was certain. Her sight took in all there was around her, trying to recall the events that unfolded in this very match. There were great craters scattered here and there, signs of an explosion, the walls had not a single dent nor as much as a scratch. The entire area was about 110m in diameter yet there was hardly any room to move around, she could tell based on the impact of the craters. Her senses picked up a source of noise, turning her vision at it's direction, there were thousands of ethnicities filled up lining the rows of the seats. There were members of the audience that were humans, others were bizzare creatures, Tetrians.

They came in any and all forms from a strange realm. Not much was known about them except for a few basic details. They are tied to the soul of a human being, the birth of one correlated with the birth of the other. For one to live in the human realm, they require a constant flow of energy known as ether, otherwise they would shrink into a harmless form easily mistaken for a plush toy. When a human being gains one of the 12 basic elemental powers, as she did, they meet their Tetrian partner for the first time. This process was known as the Enhancement, which statistically, only 90% of the entire population ever achieve, with the remaining 10% remaining as normal humans. For those who attain it, they are known no longer as humans but as the Enhanced.

"Oy, Oy, Oy, Oy!". She darted her eyes to the second source of the noise; a scrawny but tough looking man wearing a jacket, exposing his semi-built arms and torso. He had a purple mohawk and wore green camo jeans, on his knuckles, there was a brass with wisps of darkness enveloping his arms at will. "Don't think I'll be goin easy on yer juz cos this yer promotion test, Nikko", the man grunted.

Nikko regained her starting stance, "Yeah", with a breath, the air around her radiated as beams of sunlight curled into orbs of 12 swirling behind her. As she slowly pushed her arms out with her breath, her hands glowed with pure light, her eyes closing and reopening with a demented whiteness irradiating from them. Behind her, a fairy faded back into sight, wielding the Staff of the Ancient Ones, a rod of gold, inscribed with the Tetrian language for "Light", existing as long as the owner wills. Behind the opponent, a giant colossal dark demon rose out of his shadows, the being was eyeless yet could sense his surroundings in a 360 field, it had skeletal structures for arms, a ribcage with a purple orb in the center, and a wisp of shadow for legs and at it's back were vampiric wings large enough to touch the protective dome shielding the spectators. "I wouldn't count on you to hold back", Nikko steeled herself. In a blinding motion, the four clashed once more.

In a world where creatures and powers are a part of everyday life, there are those who protect it's peace and those who aim to reign in chaos. This is a story of those who got entangled in the fate of their world.

What is this you may ask before or after opening the spoiler tag?
It's a shonen type light novel that I have been writing on.

Why is it v2.0?
It's a long story, but a manga script I was working on didn't flow too well to make into a manga just yet, so I've turned it into a light novel that people could enjoy reading.

Are you still looking for members?
Yes, a lot of areas need to be filled, I'm hoping to collaborate with many people to make something awesome, a manga in the future if possible. Just send me a private message or reply on one of the recruitment posts I've put up. Thank you for taking the time to read my chapters :)

Writer's Note:
Hey there everyone, hope you enjoyed reading this, after being on a long hiatus, I'll be resuming the project I started albeit with a different beginning and story  ;D. If you would like be involved in the project, please find my recruitment posts in the Artist section. Thank You!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:51:31 AM by Zargon_King »

Offline JustHANO

• View Profile
Re: Project: TerraFusion v2.0 (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 05:40:50 PM »
I'm guessing if I knew the 1.0 I'd know what the project was because I don't lol. Besides that, I have nothing bad to say about this except it's too short... I NEED more.  I'll be waiting.

Offline Zargon_King

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:02:00 PM »
I'm guessing if I knew the 1.0 I'd know what the project was because I don't lol. Besides that, I have nothing bad to say about this except it's too short... I NEED more.  I'll be waiting.

The v1.0 was a team collaboration to make a manga out of this story, although the initial efforts made it into a few pages, the project was abandoned due to the members leaving due to other commitments. I'm still trying to form a new team to continue the project so I'm just going to be turning my script into a story to see if it has any positive reviews and to possibly recruit new team members.

Haha, I'll be writing the continuation later ;)

Offline Zargon_King

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »
Chapter 1; Alignment

Spoiler
The Atrium; a tall Colosseum with a height of 65m. A state of the art building equipped with ether infused steel forged by the finest craftsmen of the Metal Kingdom from the realm of the Tetrians, built to withstand the strongest of blows from any Enhanced individual. It was built as a symbol of alliance between the first few Enhanced and the Elders of the other world. It was also a building used mainly for a few things; Selection, Assessment, Promotion and Dispute Settlement.

For Nikko, it was Promotion. "RRRAAAGAGHHHHH", a loud bellowing rocked the air and earth inside the protective dome, creating an illusion that a magnitude 9 earthquake was occurring from within. "How yer like Azakael's Fearmonger Roar?", taunted the man. "Tch", Nikko scoffed. Truth be told, it was this same move that caught her off guard, the move created fear within an opponent while greatly boosting the speed and strength of the Tetrian as well as the Enhanced controlling it. Fear enhancing abilities were the signature moveset of any Tetrians of the DarkMoon Clan. This move however also had another effect; it could create an illusion of different magnitudes of earthquakes occuring in the range of the Tetrian, this however affected both it's Enhanced user as well as the opponent.

This is bad, Nikko thought to herself, The vertigo is already starting to kick in. The initial clash earlier did nothing more than demonstrate her examiner's durability, as well as create as crater where he once stood. Her orbs of light were still spiraling around her back, her Gleaming Eyes gave her the boost to her strength and speed, but it would not last long, it came at the sacrifice of stamina, something she was desperately holding onto at this time. "Hikari!", the fairy glanced down at her companion staring back at her, teeth gritted. "I got an idea but it's going to be risky", she informed her friend. "I have complete trust in you my mistress, the light will not waver", although the fairy's lips did not move, it was clear that her thoughts were echoed into the mind of her partner.

"Oy, if yer gonna be standin ther' yappin all day, I'll make it quick fer yer and save us some time", the examiner crouched and steeled himself, his wisps of shadows now folding and twisting around him as Azakael faded once more into his shadows. The shadows took form in the image of a raging fire and propelled him towards Nikko, "FAIL YER VERMIN!", blitzing towards Nikko, the examiner had his shadow brass ready for impact. 3 of Nikko's 6 orbs came to her aide, "Svalinn!", Nikko incanted, the 3 orbs merged in front of her just as the examiner's brass came into impact. The clash of the gleaming light and darkness sent energy waves cackling and leaving trails of random marks bolting across the field. The aftermath was the view of a semi-transparent shield in the form of a butterfly whereby in the center was the brass of the examiner pushing to break the shield. "Gleaming Bright!" Nikko crouched as her 2 of her remaining 3 orbs enveloped both her legs with the wisps of light ending at her thighs.

She let out a flurry of kicks that passed through the shield, directing the barrage of kicks at her examiner, accompanied with a flurry of focused punches, releasing a straight beam of light that went through her opponent with each impact. He could not move his brass and arm from the shield to block in time, the shield had enveloped his hand, holding it in place, not budging nor moving. "Svalinn: Envelop!" Nikko incanted again, the shield obeying her command, folded and held onto the examiner, enveloping him in a ball of pure energy. "Tch, not bad fer a vermin", taunted the bruised examiner, smiling at the efforts of Nikko. "This ain't nuft tah hold me in place, Azakael!", the command echoed by the examiner was forcing the hidden demon out again from the shadows from within the sphere. The ball was shifting from it's small state and expanded state, trying to resist the brute force of it's prisoners.

Nikko's arms were facing the sphere trying to assist the sphere's efforts by lending whatever amount of ether she had in her reserves with a frustrated expression on her face. Her Gleaming Eyes were fading in and out at this rate, her stamina was almost out. "Alright, Hikari!, let's do this!" the fairy poised in position up in the air, body facing the ground of the Colosseum with her wings facing against the protective dome. Her staff was aimed directly at the sphere of light  with it's occupants, awaiting the signal of her Enhanced companion. Her expression; focused. "Now!", Nikko exclaimed, her arms raised, allowed the sphere to rush up into the air directed at Hikari, at that fateful moment, the sphere finally broke and it's prisoners were released.

" 'Ello there lil fairy, ready for a beatdown?", the examiner taunted at the Tetrian, with Azakael slowly half emerging from the shadows, the orb was exposed. "Face the wrath of the divine! Photon Spear!", Hikari's staff transformed into growing bullet of light as she released it, aimed directly at the orb of Azakael, threatening to burn anything that was in it's path. "Photon Spear!" Down below the examiner, Nikko released her last orb at the examiner with a smug expression on her face, mimicking the same move used by her friend, the examiner by this point in time was panicking.

"Unity Move: Dual Photon Implosion!", the voices of Hikari and Nikko echoed in unison as the giant spears came into contact with the examiner and Azakael, creating a huge explosion of pure bright light illuminating the audience from the force of it's shock wave. "THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH IS THE QUEEN OF LIGHT: NIKKO!, SHE HAS NOW SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE PROMOTION!!!", the commentator of the match exclaimed in enthusiasm as the examiner and his Tetrian fell from the site of the explosion, charred in black but not too seriously injured. "Tch, that vermin, did good", commented the examiner, "Who knew a young brat like er got to the rank of Enforcer this fast", he mentioned to himself as he landed on the ground smiling in defeat. The audience roared with elated enthusiasm as the Promotion came to a conclusion.

The protective dome was turned off as Hikari and Nikko smiled and hugged each other, elated at the efforts they've put in to win this match. Swarms of reporters were allowed to enter the arena where Nikko and Hikari stood and they were buzzing with questions to ask Nikko, who was slightly troubled by the sudden swarm of people surrounding her. "Nikko! Would you like to say a few words to the people who were watching this live?", one reporter questioned. "Well I would jus- wait, what time is it right now?", Nikko had a perplexed concerned face. "Oh, it's 8:00a.m. right now, what's the matter?", the reporter was confused. Nikko's fists were clenched in anger and her light abilities were radiating from her arms, she clenched the mic out of the reporter's hands and exclaimed, "TATSUO RYUJIN!!! STOP WATCHING THIS RIGHT NOW AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL!!!" Her eyes had the Gleaming Eyes activated at that instant as she bellowed into the mic.

On the other side of the screen, a young 15-year old boy with wavy orange hair and hazel eyes was fumbling about in panic as he struggled to put his clothes on whilst balancing on one leg. His face was already in panic as he heard those words from the screen. "DON'T NAME DROP ME ON LIVE TV SIS!", Tatsuo exclaimed as he looked back in disbelief to what his elder sister had done on live television. He hurried down the staircase, grabbing a grilled cheese sandwich. "Tatsuo, your friends are waiting outside for you", the mom cheerfully told Tatsuo in a tender voice. "Crap, I'm gonna be late!", Tatsuo left the house with his bag, wearing a primarily white uniform with an uncolored secondary, and golden accents from his shirt to trousers.

"Geez, how hard is it for you to get ready Tatsuo?",chided one of his friends.

"Now, now Angela, I had to watch the Promotion today", Tatsuo replied humorously.

"Really?, On a day like this?, It's our first day!" Angela was clearly frustrated. "What can't you be more like Tsuyoshi? He already got ready after I picked him up"

"Now now, Angela, I'm pretty sure he wanted to show his support to his sister", Tsuyoshi replied.

"Thanks for understanding man" Tatsuo replied with a smile on his face, "But we're gonna be late at this rate!", Tatsuo exclaimed.

"Fine, we'll use our powers just this once, it's still unstable until we receive the gear at school" Angela responded.

"Righty O!" Tatsuo cheered happily.

"Well then, last one is a rotten egg!" Tsuyoshi jeered at Tatsuo. The blond stoic friend paused and extended his arms out "Shell Armor!", his chant caused the nearby rocks and earthen surroundings to hurl towards him, they attached to every part of his body and created the illusion that they were entering his body, causing him to bulk up. The rocks on his body adjusted colour and adapted to the clothes, hair and skin tone all within an instant purely unnoticeable. Tsuyoshi crouched and lept, hurling him over a distance of 25m with each stride he took.

"No fair!", complained Tatsuo still running. "See ya later, rotten egg", Angela stuck her tongue out and stopped before chanting "Atmospheric Manipulation: Falcon Flügel!"

Within an instant, the moisture in the air formed a flow of water on the back of Angela, transforming into intricate wings of a bird. Encircling those wings were a spiral of watery ribbons from the tips of the wings to the back of Angela's uniform. She rose from the ground and folded her arms in as she got carried forward by her wings at super speed into the skies, catching up with Tsuyoshi whom was still leaping in the air.

"Right, gotta speed up", Tatsuo told himself. The air around him got colder and colder as he absorbed the heat of his surrondings, his concentration went to the soles of his shoes as he started accelerating, causing an ignition of flames to trail behind him. He got faster ans faster with ever increasing flames until the blazing flames formed a hoverboard forged of flames below his soles, the hoverboard responded to his will and kept increasing in speed until the blue-haired Angela and the stoic Tsuyoshi were beside him.

"WOOHOOO!" they trio exclaimed. The close friends were rushing towards the school, the place where their adventures and fates would align.

Meanwhile at the top of the Tokyo Tower, a figure stared at the morning sun rising. the figure smiled,
"It's about time I started preparations" the figure cackled.

Writer's Notes; Alright, wow, that sure took some time, I hope everyone reading this story enjoyed it and as always I'll hope to see you soon in the next one ;)
(PS. I'm still searching for new team members to make this a manga so hit me up if you're interested XD)
(PSS. Next chapter will be out once exams are done with on my end so sorry if I don't post as frequently :D)

Offline Zargon_King

• View Profile
Re: Project: TerraFusion v2.0 (New Chapter Out!) (Critique Required)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 02:42:09 AM »
Chapter 2: Thrill

Spoiler
Integrity International High, a prestigious school founded in Japan, it accepts students from many nationalities around the globe. The school was founded under the Enhanced education act; a law that was passed and agreed upon by leaders of the world government as well as embassies from the Realm of the Tetrians. The main campus was agreed to be placed in Tokyo, Japan, due to the locality and hot spot frequency of Rogues appearing frequently. Other campuses were located in places such as Okinawa, Hiroshima, Ohio, USA, with many more being planned and under discussion.

The school has 3 tall buildings to accommodate for students planning to study at the main campus, the first being a U-shapped building with 5 floors, excluding the ground level. This building is for teachers and students, common subjects such as Math, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Legal Studies, Other Languages and etc. are taught. Students have to move around classes with designated lockers in the hallways and appropriate classrooms for their subjects.

The second building is the gymnasium with an indoor sports field, beside it is an open stadium for sports events such as football, soccer, rugby and track runs shared by both Enhanced and regular students. To ensure equality, a special dampener rune is engraved in the walls of the building, hindering any Enhanced student who tries to cheat during these events.

The final building is a mock version of the Atrium, a place reserved for Enhanced matches and assessments. To access this building, the Enhanced student must be taking a course to pursue becoming a Rogue Hunter, individuals who have the natural aptitude and desire to maintain order under the Alliance, an organization that monitors the presence of Rogues and dispatches a team to handle the situation. To attain this course, one has to sit through a psychology assessment, sit the entrance exams and attend an interview weighted equally. Successful applicants required a high score in each of the areas.

The school's main purpose is to educate young Enhanced individuals to prevent more Rogues appearing. The ether aura, emitted by an Enhanced individual using their powers causes a disturbance in the barrier holding the two worlds apart, dragging Tetrians forcefully into the human realm, when that happens, due to the instability of how they were brought into the world, forces a combination with the nearest Enhanced individual. That is how a Rogue is born.

The entrance of the school had a gate, with a short walk to the school's main entrance. Lining the walkway were pink cherry blossoms scattered about the sides. The only sound that reverberated aside from the winds dancing in the leaves of the blossoms, were the chattering students entering the gate. The students wore a white shirt, at the ends where the stitches are usually located were an uncolored lining that went vertically down the sleeves accompanied by golden accents. Located above the left breast pocket was the crest of the school, a white lotus within a black hexagon with the name of the school written in a ribbon across it. For the males, they wore grey long trousers and the females had a white skirt with gold tints up to knee length with white stockings.

The students chatted eagerly in an amused mood. Some were introducing themselves to each other, meeting for the first time and exchanging contact details, others were reuniting after a long summer break and catching up on the latest events in their life. The seniors were excitedly discussing among-st themselves, wondering how many new club members they could recruit this year. While a few students,...were distracted by a small dot in the sky growing larger.

As it approached, more students could make out figure, and a distinctive sound produced by the figure; "WOOOHOOOO". In a frenzied panic, the students standing where the figure was about to strike, ran as far as they could from the site of impact. The figure accelerated in momentum, faster and faster and faster until it seemed ready to form a hole just a few meters above the impact site...until rocks came hurling out of it.

The figure decreased in size as rocks seemingly came out of his skin and clothes with no tearing, providing a solid landing spot just inches above the ground. The yellow-haired boy landed face-first on the landing spot despite having jumped all the way to school. "Ow,ow,owww", he brought himself up, but just as he did, a blue-haired girl with wings crashed right into him from the skies.

"TSUYOSHI LOOK OUT!!!", Angela screamed.

"Oh boyy,..", Tsuyoshi had an exasperated look on his face as he accepted what came next. The crash caused the nearby students to whisper about who these individuals are. "That's a hearty bunch if I've ever seen any", "How did she get that much control already?!", "Damm, that dude looks pretty handsome". Angela felt the pain from the crash and as she opened her eyes to take in the situation, Tsuyoshi was staring blankly at her, inches from her face.

"Are you alright?", Tsuyoshi asked.
Angela, blushing at the aftermath, rose up as quickly as she could sheepishly, "Yeah, hahahaha, that was just some weird crash, hahahaha, nothing deliberate or anything, hahahaha".
"What", Tsuyoshi responded.

In that same instance, a trail of fire entered the gate, stopping just beside the two individuals. "Aww man, you guys are just too fast", the orange-haired Tatsuo quipped pouting at the results of their race.
"You've been skipping out leg day, hahaha", Tsuyoshi mused at Tatsuo.
Tatsuo smiled sheepishly "Haha, I might've not been working out as usual".
"Serves you right for making us wait", Angela smuging, folded her arms and replied, "You'll never be as fast as Tsuyoshi at this rate"
"Heyy, what's that supposed to mean?" Tatsuo replied, clearly annoyed.

All students please make your way to the gymnasium for the morning assembly, a voice echoed across the campus from the P.A. intercom. "Oh, I guess it's time", Tatsuo focused his attention on the voice. The trio made their way to the gymnasium with the other students taking in what was around them the walls of the school had a blue and red coloring, with vibrant colors and decorations in place to welcome the new first years.

The teachers were also another special thing in the school, some of the teachers wore a black attire with an overcoat, those were the signature attire of Rogue Hunters. Other teachers were strange humanoid beings, there was a female cyan catlike person with purple spots across her body, another was a tall golem with granite coloring with a rune in place of the eyes and nose with the mouth being two symmetrical rocks that could open and close the crevice running horizontally. Another teacher had a metallic body with two spherical drones floating beside her, next to her was an elven person with a scar running across his face, on his arms and hair had runes inscribed into it. Aside from the Tetrian teachers, there were normal average human adults teaching in the school as well.

"Wow, this school is pretty diverse", Angela remarked as the trio stood in line with the rest of the students. "Yeah, I'll say, they even have a pretty cat person!", Tatsuo responded with a thoughtful serious look in his face. "Get your mind out of the gutter", Tsuyoshi replied as he elbowed Tatsuo while staring forward, knocking the wind out of him in the process. As the events went on for the duo, a person wearing a black overcoat with glasses walked up onto the stage. With a grin, he spoke into the microphone; "Welcome everyone to Integrity International High, for the new first years, we have an amazing event in store for you, for the rest of the years, it's good to have you back. I'm the Principal of this prestigious school, as well as the head of Squadron Alpha at Alliance, Adrian Klaus".

As the principal finished his welcome, the students were already buzzing in awe, the trio were looking up to the princial with zeal. "I hope we can become like him one day" Tsuyoshi whispered to Angela and Tatsuo. The principal resumed once more; "In this very school, we have a few of my fellow squad members who will be teaching in this school, so don't be alarmed if you see one of them in your class, hahaha", the principal joked, "We also have two new teachers here with us today who will be joining us from the Tetrian Realm, so please treat them with respect like you would to anyone else", he looked at the cyan cat lady and the metallic person who waved and smiled at everyone. "Firstly, some few things to announce, bear with me, for the first year students, Enhanced students have to go to the Atrium, don't worry there's no assessments yet. There you will be given a new Tetrian Delta System, TDS for short. The current devices given to you since kindergarten was only enough to help control your powers from going berserk till you were old enough, with these upgraded devices, we will be able to teach you on how to use it responsibly for everyday life to make it easier for both you and those around you. As for those pursuing to become Rogue Hunters such as myself, a version for learning how to summon your partner and learning TerraFusion will be available for you"

"Yes!, we're gonna get one step closer to our dream!" Tatsuo gleefully whispered to Angela and Tsuyoshi. "Pipe it down", Angela responded. "Sorries, couldn't hold my excitement" Tatsuo replied sheepishly with a wide grin. The principal resumed once more; "The second announcement, for today, we will be hosting a live match between the two top Enhanced students from the first year batch at the Atrium, this is just a spectacle for everyone to enjoy so please make your way to the Atrium!", the principal concluded. "Wait what", Angela panicked, "the only..top students this year were...oh no...", as she turned back to her friends, there was already a menacing aura surrounding Tsuyoshi and Tatsuo as they butted heads.

"SOOO, I gUeSs We DeCiDe WhO's StRoNgEr AfTeR aLl ThIs TiMe?" Tatsuo butted heats with Tsuyoshi with a grin on his face.

"NAHHH, OnLy TiMe WiLl TeLl" Tsuyoshi returned the headbutt with a wide smile across his face. Both of the boys were now headbutting each other as the students surrounding them started whispering in disbelief. "Boys", Angela sighed in disbelief at the spectacle.

"Alright, alright," a quirky robotic voice came over to them, "We're going to have a match soon, please follow me, my name is Miss GTU-00, but you can call me Miss Giut", she smiled at Tatsuo and Tsuyoshi as her two drones hovered around them curiously.

Tsuyoshi and Tatsuo walked across campus accompanied by the metallic Miss Giut, anticipating the battle that was to come. As they got closer to the mock Atrium building, Tatsuo piped a question to break ice with the teacher "Soo, Miss Giut, what do you teach here?", Miss Giut turned her head 180 degrees while walking to respond, "Ahh, I'm going to be mainly teaching geography, science and IT. Due to my abillities, my drones can become clones of me, allowing me to be in three places at once". Tsuyoshi was impressed, "Wow, that's actually amazing, are all Tetrians from the Metal Clan able to do that?" he asked. "No, no, just me, Tetrians each have their own unique abilities and the Enhanced partners whom we're summoned to have access to our ability as well", she replied with a soft smile.

"Wow, I wonder what my partner is like", Tatsuo wondered, "Same", Tsuyoshi responded. "What? The both of you haven't met your partners yet? Your powers are already active based on my scans" Miss Gruit inquired, "That's very strange, usually when a human undergoes Enhancement, they summon their Tetrian partner for the first time". "Yeah but we've had our powers since we were young kids if I recalled" Tatsuo responded. "Oh, we're here", Tsuyoshi redirected their attention to the Atrium building loud with music and cheering from many different students. Miss Griut handed both of them a metallic object, shaped like a smartphone with a blank glass.

"What's this?" Tatsuo questioned. "It's the TDS device", Miss Gruit responded, "unlike other primitive devices, it can serve all of their functions such as communication, information gathering as well as other functions such as ether reserve tracking, monitoring of vitals, summoning Tetrian partners, turning into specialized weapons and measuring ability strength and class."

"Wow, that's handy", Tsuyoshi responded. Miss Gruit continued, "For now, you'll need to infuse it with your ether, as each Enhanced has a unique ether aura, the TDS will respond only to the individual that infused their ether into it. Just focus and feel the energy flowing from the center of your body to the device."

With focused expressions, Tatsuo and Tsuyoshi centered and released a flow of energy. For Tatsuo, an orange aura radiated off his TDS and it turned a crimson-orange hue. For Tsuyoshi, a brazen brown aura radiiated off the TDS and turned into a rocky-brown shade. "Cool", both of them responded. Miss Gruit continued, "Awesome!, now both of you need to learn a few phrases the TDS responds to before you proceed!"

Meanwhile, amidst the cheering and loud music in the Atrium, Angela was having the jitters and shaking her leg. "What's taking them so long?, that's what you're thinking right?", Angela turned and a mature looking girl came standing beside her, "Mind if I sit next to you?, my name's Rei by the way", the girl inquired. "Sure thing, my name's Angela", Angela responded. The girl with purple hair sat down next to Angela, "Sorry for reading your mind earlier, I'm still trying to control it", Rei apologized. "Nah, it's alright, at least you can weed out fake bitches that way", Angela replied before laughing in union with Rei. "Never thought of it that way", Rei smiled, "Are they friends of yours?", she inquired. "Yeah, couple of knuckleheads but good people, why not hang out with us sometime?", Angela proposed. "Really?, you guys don't mind a psychic type like me?", Rei responded. "Nah, I'm sure they won't mind as well, don't worry, we'll be BFFs before you know it", Angela smiled. "Thank you", Rei responded with a smile.

"AND NOW FOR THE MATCH TO BEGIN!", the announcer cried out. "Ahh, it's beginning", Angela looked down at the battleground. From the left wing, Tsuyoshi came in with a different attire, a black suit similar to those of the Rogue Hunters, except it had a circuit design. The tightness of the suit highlighted Tsuyoshi's features, his abs, biceps, triceps and well-worked legs. From the right wing, Tatsuo strutted in the same attire, grinning widely as he felt the rush and thrill of the audience reverberating through him. "Alright, now to settle our draws once and for all",Tatsuo taunted, his hands ignited in flames with the air temperature dropping around him until a visible cold breath could be exhaled, taking in the heat from the surroundings as his flames grew brighter. "Yeah, let's see who's the stronger one once and for all", Tsuyoshi grinned, stomping once on the ground breaking the ground around him in a small radius, calling the stone to envelope him as he did earlier this morning. With the ether flowing through each of them, the circuits on their suits lighted up and took on the same color as their TDS respectively.

Both boys steeled themselves, eyeing each other and sizing one another up, hearts racing and pounding as the echoes of all the students cheering from the audience shook the stadium. As the protective dome activated, the announcer cried out, "LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE!"

Writer's Note; I'm done with my exams for the time being so I thought I'll release another chapter, things seem really interesting so far, let's see what happens in the next chapter  ;)