October 15, 2018, 04:22:02 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2018  (Read 123 times)

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
NaNoWriMo 2018
« on: October 07, 2018, 12:12:45 PM »
This is a thread for National Novel Writing Month this year. I have decided to "participate," as I need another creative outlet other than music atm, though I am setting my sights more on a short story or novella - something I will have time to edit; however, I wanted to facilitate more camaraderie this year - discussing ideas and getting feedback along the way. Skype groups of strangers historically don't go well, and I end up having to play mediator, so the "official" discussions ought be held here. However, I encourage PM or Skype discussions with users that you know and trust.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:17:07 PM by 50 Words for Paipis »

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:32:20 PM »
thank goodness it isn't the same month as Inktober haha. I might give this a shot given that it's over a short period of time, I might actually achieve something. I'll probably go for a short(er) amount each day which is probably more achievable. I've got a manga story that I might novelize first which could be fun, and get some thoughts down on paper at the same time. We'll see how worn out I am after Inktober :P

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
Yeah, I fully realize it's in November. I just wanted to start the thread early bc I've started brainstorming for it.

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »
I've always wanted to do something for this but never have the mind to write. I would like to try for sure, I need to push myself to do something other than music as well lol, but it's all I feel in my heart of hearts these days. I don't watch shows anymore and I just barely have the mind to read, I just want to make music. If I get a good enough idea I might try, but it's me so who knows. I really would like to write again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:20:09 PM by Spooky Manimal »

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:39:14 AM »
Yeah, I fully realize it's in November.
for a split second I thought you had said this month, and I thought "well blow that", but good good we can plan more this way :P

@manimal yeah sort of same here I've hardly done any writing but I need to do something different, I think my art needs a boost in a completely different direction, so a "short" story , maybe with illustrations that I add afterwards, would be a nice achievement. although that sort of one-mindedness you're feeling will help you to achieve great things I think. it means you're less likely to get distracted and stuff.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 07:43:02 AM »
I would love to participate, but Lord knows my schedule can't handle it anymore (not to mention my current stable of stories)

I think I will at least try to get a single short story done. Maybe knock one out in a single marathon sprint. I have a few ideas of one day stories I could probably accomplish with a free Saturday.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF