April 19, 2024, 12:34:23 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Anmonia's gallery  (Read 6552 times)

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
Re: Anmonia's gallery
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 06:28:15 AM »
a little UP with a bunch of hands that I drew yesterday!!
I used my own hand as a ref
Spoiler

actually hands are very fun to draw!!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 07:14:13 AM »
OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
that's the kinda level grinding stuff I like to see :P
you look like you've got a really good base for your guidelines too which makes a good difference.
also great use of occasional props and gloves (yes I did see the SnK one too, I get the feeling I will see more in the future!), as object interaction is a very large part of "hands". the poses look really natural and flowing, as well as being pretty spot on for accuracy too within that style.
they are indeed very fun to draw, even better is drawing a good pair of hands on an awesome character :P
well done and keep that going!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 06:38:45 AM »
These hands are a lot more useful than the ones I'm doing because you're breaking them down.

And lel suuper your grinding habits are RPG level dedication. But yeah, it's the most reliable thing it seems.

Keep at it Anmonia!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 02:35:15 PM »
@lego I think we need a bunch of stats on MR like an RPG like so:
Hands: Level 6 (240 sketches to next level)
And based on the 10000 hours to master, you can have a top level 100 and work it out backwards.
I would seriously love that, in fact I've been wondering how I can mod MR to be able to show that sort of stuff (SPOILERS!!!!). alternatively the signature is an obvious place to have a picture or something with health bars, but then updating it is a lot of effort. aaaand I've just had a good idea (secret for now!)
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »
I agree with Suuper's idea there, but how would we determine what level we are all at like, right now?? Or would that be its own thread under workshops??

Anyway, it's certainly nice to see a newcomer, and hey, there's nothing wrong with fanart/fanfiction--it's a powerful learning tool and I'm glad to see you using it to experiment with a variety techniques and brushes. It's especially excellent that you used your own hand as a reference after noticing that you didn't like the direction your hands were going. It shows a high level of awareness as an artist, and drawing from life cannot be overstated or overhyped in its value to us artists, no matter what style we use.

I suppose your level of professional problem-solving/maturity makes sense, considering you've been at this for so long. It really shows.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
@mahlua wow I actually forgot I mentioned this idea here previously. I've just made a thread about this same idea in the general discussion board, would love to have your feedback.
Click here

and yeah regardless of the direction or style our art goes in, it still has a bearing to real life so it's great to refer to that. It also means that our style is as unique as possible as we make it ourselves, rather than copying other artists styles (but that's still not a bad idea anyway XD)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 03:04:49 PM »
Good sketches! I love seeing people doing studies, reminds me to do some again too!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »
@mahlua wow I actually forgot I mentioned this idea here previously. I've just made a thread about this same idea in the general discussion board, would love to have your feedback.
Click here

and yeah regardless of the direction or style our art goes in, it still has a bearing to real life so it's great to refer to that. It also means that our style is as unique as possible as we make it ourselves, rather than copying other artists styles (but that's still not a bad idea anyway XD)

Haha I just noticed this too.

Also to avoid OTM... You still around Anmonia? How goes the studies so far?