November 14, 2018, 01:38:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Anmonia's gallery  (Read 582 times)

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
Anmonia's gallery
« on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »
Hey!! So em, welcome to my gallery!

I started drawing manga/anime style when I was like 12 or something, since then I never stop. I use a graphic tablet (Trust) since 3 years. But I also draw a lot in traditional style and I also sometimes use promarkers.

Most of my art (probably 90%) are actually Fanarts of animes that I like and you'll notice that I draw especially characters of a certain anime (laugh nervously) I post most of my art on tumblr.

So here are some of my drawings!:
sketches (anatomy)
Spoiler
TRADITIONAL
Spoiler
I drew this one after watching a video from Sycra

you can notice that I tried drawing from different point of view (I used a reference)

also used references for these

what question is he asking ?

DIGITAL
Spoiler

he's saying something like "When my hair was long, ppl were mistaken me for a girl (also I wanted to draw some volleyball poses)

Now my FANARTS (that you can also find on my tumblr)
Spoiler
Do you recognize who they are ?

yeeeep it's them

Okay I can't stop drawing them

My latest piece that I finished today! (worked more than 9 hours on this one!)
Here the process!!
Spoiler
first : messy sketch

second: messy line art on Autodesk Sketchbook and some colors

then : better line art on Sai

Final result!!

Recently, my goal is to improve my anatomy and to master software such as Sai and AutoDesk Sketchbook a little better. I still have a lot of work before I can draw poses of my own imagination (I use references a lot!)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Anmonia's gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
Good stuff! (Although the coneheads on those first couple figures kinda creep me out   :ohmy: )

I like the colors on that last piece too! (You're really fond of those two aren't yah?)

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:26:39 AM »
Thats some really neat digital works there.
good AOT fanarts too.
looks like the time investment was worth it on the latest one! well done on finishing it, and I love the while outline style.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:51 PM »
I like your variety of poses.
References are great. I use them a lot too ^^
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »
Good stuff! (Although the coneheads on those first couple figures kinda creep me out   :ohmy: )

I like the colors on that last piece too! (You're really fond of those two aren't yah?)

thank you! and you're right I have this bad habit of drawing most of my sketches faces with coneheads, thank you for pointing it out! (yeeeeppp can't be helped since 2014, they're so fun to draw)

Thats some really neat digital works there.
good AOT fanarts too.
looks like the time investment was worth it on the latest one! well done on finishing it, and I love the while outline style.

thank you! and yesss it was very satisfying seeing this piece done!

I like your variety of poses.
References are great. I use them a lot too ^^

Thank you too! Yeep! References are really vitals haha it helps a lot!

thanks for all these comments!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 11:33:23 PM »
Love the Levi and Mikasa stuff. Is that first coloured one... *Starry eyes* IN MSPAINT?

Love them in anycase.  You seem to be good with the grayscale ones too. Colour is your friend methinks.

Fanart is great stuff and you should never feel sorry for drawing it. Just do what you like and keep at it. The art community would be a boring place without original art, yes, but it'd be even emptier without fanart and fanfiction. Follow yer passion... And all that jazz.

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
Love the Levi and Mikasa stuff. Is that first coloured one... *Starry eyes* IN MSPAINT?

Love them in anycase.  You seem to be good with the grayscale ones too. Colour is your friend methinks.

Fanart is great stuff and you should never feel sorry for drawing it. Just do what you like and keep at it. The art community would be a boring place without original art, yes, but it'd be even emptier without fanart and fanfiction. Follow yer passion... And all that jazz.

woaaaw thank you!! this is so sweet!!

and noooo haha I just realized that it looks like something made on MSpaint but actually I drew it on Paint Tool Sai using the "binary" brush (I like using it!)

and, speaking of fanart...guess who drew one
yeah haha, but this time this is not a snk fanart
Spoiler

and the sketch

it's from Hataraku Saibou (or cells at work) a very funny and educative anime and I just can't handle the cuteness of the two main characters...so I drew them haha

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 01:57:58 PM »
Awww how cute!! Their expressions are adorable XD I like how you did the hats too.

No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »
never heard of hataraku saibou, will add to my watch list.
awesomely cute characters. looks like you were pretty true to your sketch. did you can or photo it? the sketch looks pretty controlled, and looks like you barely used any guidelines and just drew it, which gives it a nice flow.
I use a "binary brush" aka pencil tool in GIMP for colouring, since I can paint-fill right to the shape/border I draw without any weird artifacts. I would say that it certainly does give a MSPaint feel :P
keep it up!
I think the girls right hand is a tad blockier than the rest as it looks like just a square haha. A little roundedness wouldnt go amiss, especially for chibi art.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »
Never heard of it too. Those chibis turned out pretty well!

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 05:48:48 PM »
@suupertramp : Yey! I really recommend you Hataraku Saibou! And you're right! I took a picture of it with my phone and finished it on Paint Tool Sai
Also for the sketch!! It happens sometimes that I don't use any guidelines! Actually I drew it this morning as a "warm-up" and I used for reference the figurine nendroid and then... I saw that I did a thing, so I added the other character (the girl) still without any guidelines and I was like "wow I really drew this in like 10min" so I decided to finish it on pc, I was pretty proud but this doesn't happen often haha...

And Yeahhh I struggle a LOT when it come to hands, most of the time I just let them as square...here's a personnal collection called "I don't draw hands"

Spoiler
(ugh, I'm a coward)

I think my next goal is to improve the way I draw hands haha and thank you for your comment!

@legomaestro : thank you!! you should watch it it's currently airing!

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »
Nice job with the chibi artwork! It's an area outside of my expertise so I can't say much other than keep up the great work.

It really does pay off to focus on particular body parts at a time, I believe if you take a week to study hands you'll figure it out in no time. Just look at Lego's thread, he really made a lot of noticeable progress grinding hands.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Ah yeah! Red and White Blood Cell are the best! Cells At Work gives me hope.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 03:24:05 AM »
don't worry about hands being a difficult thing to draw, its something most artists have trouble with. being a complex thing to draw makes it hard enough, but our familiarity with our own hands means its much easier to find things wrong with our drawings. focused studies is a great idea and takes up about 80% of my drawing time :P

often my best drawings happen without hardly any guidelines too lol. but as you say it can be a rather infrequent thing, which is why it's so hard to work on those skills to get them under our control :P

Offline anmonia

• 17 yo frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 05:24:25 AM »
@devola: yeah, I just take a look on his thread and it's right, only work can bring improvement, thx for the advice!

@Coryn: ikr!! they're so cute!! this anime is so enjoying ahhh next episode today!

@suupertramp: true!! so ok you guys gave me motivation haha, from today I'll do my best at praticing hands drawing!