March 29, 2024, 01:16:28 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's request thread (Closed, will finish pending)  (Read 54358 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
I still like the armor guy though! It looks like you got a lot closer to the mark with his top half than his bottom though. The legs really seem more like a single solid piece, whereas that bit around his waste really gives the effect of being multiple pieces. I guess that's really the thing to consider with plate armor. It's not a cohesive unit really, but a bunch of different pieces all strapped to the wearer more or less independently.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
yeah I was trying to draw each piece as I went but I started to lose the form of the body underneath haha
once I shade it hopefully I can give the feel that they are separate a bit more :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Lineart and base colour done
It's going slowly but my new method is good at making sure that I get stuff done in every genre, including fitting in requests. I think ultimately the reason I haven't done the requests as quickly as I would have liked is that I didn't realise how much I didn't want to draw other people's characters (especially the non-cute non-girl ones)
but it's a good learning experience.

Spoiler

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah that would be a problem, haha. If the notion ever hits you again you'll have to specify they all have to be cute girls lol. But then again, branching out won't hurt you none. You might even be able to expand your definition of "cute girl"  :thumbsup:

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
true XD well while there are many things that I don't mind drawing, there's a big gap between that and things that I actively want to draw, so probably I'll keep future requests in my comfort zone and push my boundaries in my own time.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Well this turned out a LOT better than I expected based on how it looked previously, at least I think it turned out pretty OK. The overall proportions were alright except for the legs, so they look a bit werid. I'm really happy with the metal render, since I haven't really done any studies on metal rendering and just did my best based on my observations. The blue shading made it look a bit like steel which was unintentional but that's good to know for the future. Maybe it is steel I don't know :P
I made some parts gold because why not. I think it's a nice contrast since everything else is grey.
Took just under 2 hours.
Working bit by bit is seriously working for me. Bulk works too, but combining the two methods I think has got me to the highest productivity I have ever had.

I kinda deviated quite heavily from the original reference but hey that's life :P

Next is a friends request, a Jojo themed piece, of all things. Ugh. I mean I love Jojo but I can't draw it, you know :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:43:45 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Givr it your best shot Suuper! Remember that JoJo has cute (and strong) girls too!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
well the request is a big warrior man, so I'm a bit stuffed as far as that goes lol

this is the request, word for word
Something with wings and fire, that can destruct. Scars, white hair, kind of like an antihero. A big man, jojo style, like a warrior. Jojo pose as well

anywho I've finally started
here's the basic pose and idea
since the request was a bit vague, I've made the wings from fire, so it's kind of a Stand.
Getting the pose "just fabulous enough" was a hella pain XD

Spoiler
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:48:30 AM by suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
still a WIP
haha
no idea why he's shirtless :P
oh yeah he's meant to have scars too.

Spoiler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
finally did some more
flat colour stage
it's taking it's time, but it's getting done, which is fab.

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
All progress is progress. And dem boots and abs don't lie. Looking good

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Finally, finally, finished.
Sort of just crunched the last bit. I was just like whatever let's finish this.
I couldn't even remember what level I was working at for the requests it's been so long. Not entirely happy with the fine details, but overall it turned out good for a piece that's basically the polar opposite of what I normally produce lol

4 Remaining

@Lego, you're up, finally.

I will be altering the style and quality I'm working at for the remaining few, but it will still be a high-ish level.

I'll try and do a little on the requests every day if I can, as part of my normal activity. Should've done that in the first place but I'm in a better place schedule-wise now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:49:03 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Suuper's request thread (Closed, will finish pending)
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2023, 10:36:55 AM »
Well I bet no-one was expecting this today :P

Finally finished Lego's request!!!
Alessa Sola, original request here

I thought I'd render this one in monochrome since I see it a lot and think it looks cool, but I've never done it myself can you believe it. So there you go. Also secretly it's practice for my upcoming manga style which might be similar.
A very big sorry for the delay, I have no excuse really XD

No idea when I'll do the next few but I'm in a productive mood at the moment. The style and composition will be whatever I randomly decide on in the moment, I'm blending my own style more into the pieces now. Maybe that's just because I'm more confident in having an actual style that I can work with.
So only 3 remaining now.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 10:41:45 AM by Suuper-san »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's request thread (Closed, will finish pending)
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2023, 12:09:10 PM »
Given my previous period of inactivity it's not so bad that I got this next one out in 4 months XD
Although time has flown very quickly the last couple of years.

Anyways here is the completed request for Manimal!
Devi, original request  here
I think I did alright, but could have done better if it was my own character. When drawing other people's characters you've got to get a good feel for them to draw them well, I think. Otherwise you give too much of a personal spin to the art, which I think I did in this case. Not that you can avoid that entirely anyway.
As a side point I'm pretty happy with the wall :P

So just 2 remaining, I've added these requests to my daily routine to try and do just a little each day, so I'm hoping to get the remaining ones out relatively quickly, maybe one a month or even better hopefully.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's request thread (Closed, will finish pending)
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2023, 03:03:23 PM »
About 40 days since the last piece and finished the next one!
Definitely on a roll.
What has helped is that I've worked on it almost daily, but only for about 5 mins at a time. I think all the stopping and starting added to the total time for the piece making it 3 hours long, but ultimately for 5 minutes a day, not too shabby eh?
(I actually opened it 25 times according to my logs, making it an 8 minute average session time)
As always, plenty I could have done better on, plenty I probably missed from the request, and plenty I've learned for next time.
I'm pretty sure the rifle hand pose is wrong for one, it's probably meant to be around the stock, not a pistol grip. I realized too late to fix it but it doesn't stand out as too wrong hopefully.
Shading as always is quite difficult as I haven't done too many high level pieces and so my experience is just too low XD
The image came up a lot brighter than I drew it, not sure why, maybe my graphics screen has a lower brightness maybe, can't say I've noticed it before.
Original request by Chronos, here

So just one request remaining from this thread, and another loose one that I never added to the queue, and I'm done for good.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:06:30 PM by Suuper-san »