November 19, 2019, 08:15:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I'll draw!!!! For free!!!! Suuper's request thread (Closed, will finish pending)  (Read 11170 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
haha no problem, if and when I open it again you can make a request then!

well good news everyone I think I might have gotten over my artist block for requests. My workflow just got a boost as well and I have way too much to do as always XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
well good news everyone I think I might have gotten over my artist block for requests. My workflow just got a boost as well and I have way too much to do as always XD
well, that was a big "might" :P

The basic problem I had when starting this thread was that I didn't allocate any time in my schedule to actually draw the commissions, and didn't allocate any mental space to deal with it. Somehow I thought I would be able to fit them all in with my normal studies and so on, but I got hit with a big wave of "I can't draw - I need to do more studies", and so the commissions got left to collect dust for a very long while.
That's why I've changed the way I do projects and stuff, so I'm only doing one task/project at a time, to make sure it gets finished before the next thing comes along.
In other words, I need to be more committed, and I have (probably) learnt my lesson in that regard, at least for now :P

In other news, I have already drawn up to the lineart for my next commission, for a friend who has probably forgotten they even asked for it haha.
It's taken 1 hour 40 minutes so far.
I'm working with a new workflow (it's literally the first time using this workflow) and I will probably alter my workflow for future ones, but so far I think it's alright. Got a bit of slant that I need to fix though :P

Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 05:53:16 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Hi Nice design. The stuff on the ground look nice to 

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
thanks!
I love drawing props but I don't do it nearly enough. As someone who want to design game graphics (which usually involves lots of items etc.), I really should be doing more haha

I finally finished this request.
Took 3 hours 40 mins to finish. I don't know why :P
The props and items were sort of extra hard, because I'm not used to drawing that sort of stuff, so despite being simple, they were still difficult, and in the future I need to remember to use guidelines even for props to keep things upright and from tilting and so on.
Oh I think drawing the props was probably an hour in itself, so that's why it took so long. Backgrounds are scary like that :P

I love the satchel though :P

It's meant to be a man but the face ended up a bit female, probably because I'm so used to drawing girls :P

click to enlarge

Next up is Devola :P
Finally I'm working on these muahaha!!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:10:20 PM by suuper-san »

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
Nice details on the clothing man  :ohmy:

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
thanks!

here's my WIP for Devola so far:
there's a bunch of anatomy mistakes that I don't think I can fix haha *sweats nervously*
drawing proper interaction with another person or prop requires some really good planning and guidelines :P

Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 03:38:57 PM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
finished the first request for Devola, I hope you like it!

I sort of crashed halfway through but just about managed to pull through to a half decent finish overall, I think.
I got lost in the shading a bit, definitely need more practice in that regard, but I think especially the clothing, came out well.

@devola Let me know if you want the GIMP file.

everything to do with the guitar kinda failed though, the hand poses and posture, and the guitar itself XD (-_-;)

Next up is Devola's second request!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
This is great suuper! Guitar poses are a must to challenge your mind for placing dimensions, and I love what you did with the cloth. Great colour. I wish her hair was a bit moore floofy though - it might have something to do with the bright contrast of the background but the fringe feels too solid. Otherwise so many props on the textures and outfit and stuff. Also those numbers... those numbers... you really record everything haha!

Regardless I'm so partial to the african lady one. So much going on there and so well done. And in 1 hour 40 minutes you say? Amazing!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
Yeah in addition to guitars, any prop interaction (mobile phone, computer, tennis racket etc) is hard as you need to have very specific positions otherwise it looks unnatural. the prop also has to be in the right place too.

and thanks.
Unfortunately the african lady is meant to be a man, but as you noticed, it does look rather feminine. That's partly because I wanted it to not be super masculine features and also because my style when drawing requests is more realistic than my normal sketching style and so I'm out of practice haha

1 hour 40 for the lineart, but 3 and a half hours for the coloured version XD
The props took up quite a bit of time in that regard, otherwise I might have finished the whole thing a lot sooner :P

And yes I record everything. It's starting to get out of hand haha

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
I'm thinking I'm going to have to lower my expectations for the quality of these requests to get them finished as I don't have the stamina to produce pieces that are "above my level".
That being said I think it'll still take the same amount of time because I will always be dissatisfied with an inferior quality.
haha *cries*

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
WIP for the next request
trying to break down my art sessions into manageable chunks instead of trying to  marathon it.
Since I've been specifically allowed by Dev to make any changes I want, I have, to suit my style a bit better, although half of it is just fluke as always :P
I went the legless route since thats more ghost-y to me and now she floats which is also ghost-y
Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:56:52 PM by suuper-san »

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
finished the second request for Devola, hope you like it!
I'm starting to feel that I could probably manage doing comissions on a regular basis, at some point. Probably like I have seen many artists do, they open commissions and then close when it suits them, i.e. if they need more money or they want to go on holiday or do their own projects instead.

Took an hour and a half. The quality was lower than normal. Which is what I was trying to aim at, so mixed feelings.
At the end I started to wander around without any progress so I decided that this was it.
I tried out several new styles and ideas which was a bit taxing too, but I'm learning which is great.
feedback would be nice because I'm sure I could have done better on pretty much everything.
Also I havent yet done any metal studies so it was hard to get the armour looking anything armour-like :P

anywho

I guess she's nervously exploring some place that she thinks is haunted? lol

Next is Dev's last request I believe.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
WIP for Devola.
It's slowly getting worse and worse with each iteration lol
can't be helped since it's so far outside of my comfort zone XD

Spoiler

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Oh I happen to like the way he's turning out. Damn that armour must've been quite fun to draw hahaha. Love the flowy hair and the  cloak feels like cloth imo. I think it's the line weight thing.

If it were me I'd be like: Request done lel

Man that ghost girl turned out so good. Great stuff suuper!

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
thanks!
well it's tempting to drop the quality and finish them all off but I'm viewing it as a learning experience. And I'm taking my time but trying to do a little every day to finish it off.
Well if I knew what I was doing with the armour it would have been more fun tbh it was kinda stressful not knowing what I was doing at all :P

What's strange/funny is that I haven't drawn my own art at this top level yet so I can't wait to give 100% to a piece of my own. Would be great to see what I'm capable of, and to find my current limits and where to go from here.