December 15, 2018, 06:14:54 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: 1 for all, all for 1  (Read 824 times)

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: 1 for all, all for 1
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
we've all had it happen to us before :(
I wouldn't trust my phone to store anything I type anyway on the best of days. even note taking apps can glitch out on you that one time when its important. It's like they know, you know?
Art: Manga / Other / Requests (closed)
Manga:Overdrive / Endlessness
Other:Craft

Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »
I actually use Google docs for a lot of stuff, but since that updates to the cloud every few seconds, it's not so heart breaking.

It was a good bit of writing too. I think I'll probably redo it when I'm not as angry.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Santa's Little Fro Elf

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 07:49:43 PM »
That's why I always copy my longer text frequently when I'm writing in the post window on my phone, and save it to a blank google doc just to be on the extra safe side. Can never be too safe. 
Messatsu...

Offline yulemaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has nice snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
Always love stuff like this. Shall wait for ye to muster up the will to write up something again Coryn.

I just find it cool that nobody has suddenly added a mech crashing into the house or a zombie apocalpyse to the story. Stuff fitting pretty well so far. Also Byron is a cool name.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
Alright, let's try this again. It's not as good as the first go, but all the pieces are there.

Kaleb had left for work early the next morning, so Byron had managed to avoid the promised discussion. Despite his short term relief, the fact that Byron was still missing work weighed on his mind. And so it was that he was quietly letting himself into the back of the family business.
        It was a small shop their father had started in his youth. They sold various bits and bobs to the townsfolk, and did no small amount of business in candy and soda. But their main occupation was that of pharmacists to the small town. It was often boring and menial work, but it paid the bills.
        As Byron made his way through the back of the shop, he contemplated the thing that was truly bothering him. When he had encountered Death, it wasn't the their macabre face that had shook Byron. It wasn't even the idea of seeing Death itself either. Byron was by no means religious, but life had primed him for seeing something. No, the thing that really scratched at the back of Byron's mind, was that Death looked...bored.
        He couldn't be sure of course. Death's mishappen face made that impossible. But that was still the word which always came to mind. Could the loss of a human soul really become so monotonous that it could no longer phase you? Had Death seen so much of themselves that they simply lost the ability to care? Had Death ever cared? It was haunting Byron's mind, but he pushed it aside as he hobbled out into the front of the shop.
        Kaleb had been absent mindedly filling out a crossword at the front counter, and he jumped as Byron suddenly appeared where he shouldn't have been. "Oh come on now! I thought you were staying home again?"
        Byron batted Kaleb up off of his stool with his cane. "I got bored. And it's not like I need two legs to run the counter. Go on, do inventory."
        Kaleb began making his way to the back as Byron settled down. He looked at his hobbled brother for a moment, and opened his mouth to say something. He hung there for a second, unsure of what to say, and then decided to leave it be.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF