October 20, 2018, 11:14:33 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Looking for a partner to write my manga!  (Read 235 times)

Offline Jjmeri

• View Profile
Looking for a partner to write my manga!
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
Hi my name is JJ.  I have come  up with a manga idea that I think is kinda interesting and could be great with the right kind of writer.  I'm an artist and I'm not that good at developing and fleshing out stories myself so I do need some help.  Before I give the details of my idea I would like to say that I'm 20 years old and I'm a student with a part time job so I will only be able to work on this manga in my spare time, I also have no money to offer, but if the manga takes off, I would definitely be willing to split the earnings 50 50. Ok so my manga is about an alien boy and his family that crash land in the hood( like Brooklyn type hood or southside Chicago) the story would start off a couple years after they have crash landed to wear everyone in the neighborhood just treats them like normal people ( but anyone else from other cities and *censored* of course would be shocked to see aliens walking around while other people act like it's normal).  The boy alien would be the main character and he has a couple friend who he chills with and smokes weed with normal *censored* like that.  The interesting part would be that his father is some type of felon and space police and different types of alien gangs would come to earth and have big battles with him,  and also the United States Army would also be trying to kill them.  But all that crazy stuff would mostly just be happening in the background plot while the main plot would be focused around random day to day life for the alien boy and his friends In the hood. I also want this manga to come off as kind of psychedelic and trippy(if you ever seen space dandy that should give you a good idea).  There's probably some things I forgot to mention but if this manga idea interest you please email me I can send you some character designs and tell you about some more ideas.  And if anybody has any critiques or opinions please let me know I'd love to hear some ideas to make it better.  Thanks

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a partner to write my manga!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:38:04 PM »
Hey there welcome to MR Jjmeri!

I would recommend that you introduce yourself up in the welcome center. We really are a site for fans and new writers, not professionals, so if you're looking to collaborate, you need to make some friends! Start a gallery topic, build yourself a reputation, show off your own skills. People are more likely to work with someone they know after all.

Good luck!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:32:47 AM »
I also want this manga to come off as kind of psychedelic and trippy
Yeah, I started to figure that out halfway through lol. I loved Space Dandy so it would be great to see anything similar :)

Offline MilanTheAuthor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »
Hello, I'd be happy to be a writer for your manga.  I am available  12 hours a day to write and I am very flexible but to write to my best ability I need to be able to express my ideas if its ok with you? I've pm'd you as well.