October 15, 2018, 04:21:48 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Big and small dreams  (Read 237 times)

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Big and small dreams
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:28:30 AM »
I've just realised that I don't know (/remember) what a lot of you raiders are aiming at with your arts and writes!
I'd love to hear what you long-term goals are , but also any short or mid-term. I think we can support each other better, as well as its good to get those goals down in writing.

short-next few weeks
mid-next few months
long-next few years

for me its:
short-term:keep consistent high output on Mondays, improve pose/drawing diversity even at the cost of accuracy.
mid-term:produce another manga chapter or short, get my first monetary commission on DA or otherwise.
long-term:produce a serial manga (10+chapters), work more on animations, have consistent commission earnings

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Big and small dreams
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:41:37 AM »
Short: get the next round of story releases out and get back to work for the next ones.

Mid: finish all the MR Canon stories I'm running on the side. Some are more feasible than others, but I definitely want to wrap up by year's end.

Long: eventually get CS published as an actual novel. But I am not rushing. I want to have the best product I can, and it's not like I don't have my career to worry about in the meantime. The day will come, but it's not stressing me out.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Spooky Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • We're The Dream Warriors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:32:10 AM »
Eh, I used to have bigger artist dreams but now I just kind of do things and keep doing them. I think at some point, pretty much early 2016, I accepted that it's kind of silly and impossible at the pace I go about so I subtly gave up on bigger thought. That's when I stopped drawing to go all in on my music instead. I feel sad that my youthful dreams are fading as reality is...realized, this is why "All The Young Punks" resonates with me so much this year lol. But it's reality you outta face.

Short: Make my 15th album at the same pace as normal. I want to do some new things and find some new ways to write songs but really I just want something fun that feels like an EP and not an EP. I broke into an EP spell for a few months, and though I made some good tunes by my own standards I dislike making EP's and throwaway tunes. I want every single song I write/record to be on an album with nothing left aside.   

Mid: Make more and more albums. I did 3 albums in the first half of the year so I'd like to do 3 more if all feels right. In any era the main beef of my life is the creative projects I do, with the goal of making as much as possible that feels personally gratifying.

Long: I'd like to form a band. The likelihood is very slim as I've made no advancements towards this in the 8 years I've been playing guitar, aside from turning aside every person who has expressed interest in jamming with me. Through everything I've suppressed my long term dream is most certainly to form an awesome band. I'm not even talking about "making it big" I just mean you know, doing something cool with motivated people that have the same drive I do. My drive is the next album, and the next project, and getting there ASAP. So I wish to find motivated people who lack chill in the same ways as me.

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
@coryn yeah long terms goals should totally be stress free, because they can't be achieved in a single sitting. little by little is the way! I need to do more reading on MR, I shamefully haven't read any of the Canon or your Saga yet :(

@manimal
aside from turning aside every person who has expressed interest in jamming with me
Yeah that's typically gonna go against you for forming a band lol. once you find the right people it will be great. better to turn down anyone who you have doubts about so you can focus on your own skill until the right peeps come along.
making as much as possible that feels personally gratifying.
I can relate to that. not too much, not too little? maybe Goldilocks was onto something.....

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »
Short-term: honestly just survive until move-in day on the eighth.
Mid-term: Finish Reset, the script writings for all those stupid KH YouTube shows, and that commission piece for a friend's anniversary.
Long-term: Live a double life as an English teacher and an author/illustrator.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »
@super: Check out Quest! (The exclamation point is part of the name. But also get excited) it's still only two chapters in, and you really don't have to know a lot to pick up on what's going on. It's not even MR centric

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suupertramp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
@mahlua you're moving? hope that goes well. I get what you mean about double life. thats probably what I will end up doing, half illustrations and half shelf stacking or something lol

@coryn thanks for the recommendation. I'll head over at some point and check it out!

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »
Post more drawings.

Draw 20-100 pages.