April 16, 2024, 04:20:32 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Looking for an artist[Unpaid for now]  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Rrstone

• View Profile
Looking for an artist[Unpaid for now]
« on: July 22, 2018, 08:30:56 PM »
First thanks for your time as if it is of the utmost essence.
I am a 23 year student currently pursuing business studies.
I love to read novels, mangas and watch anime.

I am a storyteller, a Raconteur.
My aim in life is to tell a story. Either a manga or a novel. I will try my best to fulfill this dream.
I am writing a book on Wattpad.com which has a good plot to be adapted into a manga.
It is about a world where people are born with Fire or Ice inside them. The story is serious, has lots of action and emotions.
I am attaching the Link.

*Link removed*
If anyone is interested in converting this story into a manga, please message me. He/she will be my equal partner, whatever may happen in the future.
Lastly, again thanks a lot for your time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:31:19 PM by Coryn »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an artist[Unpaid for now]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
To help you out here, bud, this forum doesn't allow new members to drop links. You'll have an easier time sharing your story in the writer's section than asking artists for free stuff. Or you could actually go to the art gallery and see what artists we have. We have a lot of fantastic artists, but seeing as art is a service, 99 times out of 100 they'll demand pay. Just have a quick look at other threads that offered this same "split it evenly once we get going" pay later idea. And notice how they were hardly ever heard from again. Think about why that is for a moment. Spoiler alert: it's too risky of an investment to put so much time an energy into, and no one wants to work for free.

For that matter, I think there's a rule that you have to have so many posts on the forum before you're technically allowed to post on the wanted boards... :-\
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:54:18 AM »
To help you out here, bud, this forum doesn't allow new members to drop links. You'll have an easier time sharing your story in the writer's section than asking artists for free stuff. Or you could actually go to the art gallery and see what artists we have. We have a lot of fantastic artists, but seeing as art is a service, 99 times out of 100 they'll demand pay. Just have a quick look at other threads that offered this same "split it evenly once we get going" pay later idea. And notice how they were hardly ever heard from again. Think about why that is for a moment. Spoiler alert: it's too risky of an investment to put so much time an energy into, and no one wants to work for free.

For that matter, I think there's a rule that you have to have so many posts on the forum before you're technically allowed to post on the wanted boards... :-\

Yeah it's 25 posts before you can post a link

Offline Rrstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »

Yeah it's 25 posts before you can post a link
Thanks for the info, my friend. And as I said, thanks for your time.
I am studying business currently. I completely agree and understand with what you said.
When I posted this I had low hopes. A few years back when I was graduating, I tried this on Mangahelpers.com. I got a great artist and we agreed on making a Oneshot. Sadly we could never complete it. He probably got tangled in the affairs of life.  I am older now and a lot more realistic.
If you have seen Boku no Hero Academia, Shinsou says ''We don't get to choose the things our heart desires.''
Same is with me. My heart longs to tell a story. I will tell a story that the world will hear. I am working on it.

I love books, anime, and manga and I know its nearly impossible to be a mangaka, even more so if you don't live in Japan.
On top of that, I can't draw. I tried it when I was 15 but by then it was too late.

So what option do I have left? I write. The kind of story that I have right have now would be suited for a manga. I know it. But the chances are slim. So I am penning it down in form of a novel. I am minimizing the action sequences and maximizing the emotional impact, better suited for a novel. But only if would have been a manga!

This was just a desperate attempt to find some kindred soul(who can draw) and we could do it together. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Anyways thanks. For your help and time(if you read this long story till here)
Regards,
RR Stone