October 21, 2018, 11:51:02 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Doctor's orders too hard to fulfill (question about dogs actually...)  (Read 483 times)

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• Everybody seem to think I'm Lazy
  • I don't mind, I think they're CRAZY!
    • View Profile
so as of recent, i went and visited my family doctor about my weight, he told me some things i need to do to fix this

• Think about getting off my medication
  • eat a little more healthier
  • drink water
  • Get a Dog

he has been suggesting the dog since i asked about my depression and anxiety issues and now i figure i can be responsible enough to have a dog... that and we are out of that apartment into a place where a dog can live comfortably. so i go "ok my budget is say $350 since we are not looking for any purebreds....

what the *censored* is this?.... $1000 for a Lab/collie mix, ok this dog is too big for me but still... Blue was supposed to be a lab/collie mix (we was purebred lab tho) and we only paid $100 for him 22 years ago, why are people being so stingy with dogs, mom even told me that back when she was my age, you didnt have to pay for a dog at the pound, now its $400, a cat? $60... i dont want a cat, cats are assholes... plus they wont walk with me, the more i go deeper into the depression the more i see a dog as a medical necessity.

so i decided, ok i'll commission, then i realised i cant transfer money from paypal to credit card (to pay my bills so i can put money aside for the dog)... im up *censored* creek, is there any way i can get commissions? is is safe enough to attach your debit card to your paypal? why are dogs so expensive? even at the pound, i checked into it, they want too much and im about to cry
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 04:24:26 PM by BobbyJoeXForgotenSB »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
My Paypal is hooked up to my debit card, if that's any help to you. You can choose to keep things in a Paypal account or to transfer them to your debit card for a small fee.

• View Profile
yeah, i cant do that, my mom had to file for bankruptcy because she did this exact thing and someone got in there so i have to find another option, i might just give up and go to the pound at the end of the month

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
There's always the option to adopt one. If you treat them right and give enough time and love, dogs will follow you everywhere no matter what.
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

• View Profile
the pound wants too much for them too, more than my budget

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
You want to ask if there are any dogs you can adopt for free. There's bound to be some they'll just give away. I've never heard of an adoption center that charges for "Every" dog. Remember, you have options where you choose to get your dog. Even online there are some people willing to give away puppies if you know where to look.

• View Profile
yeah,  the humane society here charges for all dogs and i look online and cheapest i have seen was $700, dogs that i have seen for free or cheap are pitbulls which are illegal in my city and great danes which are too big

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Try this site: https://www.petfinder.com/search/dogs-for-adoption/?sort%5B0%5D=recently_added

Craigslist is another alternative, but as always, Google is your friend  8)

• View Profile
i know these sites would be very helpful for someone living in the states but i don't live in the states, thanks for trying to help tho

the issue here is that where i live, i checked all over, i checked Kijiji (Canada's Creigslist) and called around and when anyone sees a litter of puppies, they do not see living things that need a good home, they see money, even mix breeds and mutts are climbing up to $1000 here

then at the local pound, they want $400 for a dog thats ready to keel over since they are around 12-16 years old already, they never get pups or young dogs in they are all old retired dogs

i also forot to mention that our local pound even charges people for dropping animals off, this is the core reason why they barely have any dogs at all, just checked the site and again they have 3 dogs, all at the ages of 10-14
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:50:15 PM by BobbyJoeXForgotenSB »

Offline Operative13

• Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
Hopefully you find what you're looking for. If dogs don't seem to be an option you can always try and look for other animals to care for  :-\

In case you're curious about other pet alternatives, here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJRQCV7zJI

Kid-friendly pets tend to be easier to take care of and manage. I recommend guinea pigs as I used to own a pair ten years ago. They're fun little critters.  8)

Good luck.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor's orders too hard to fulfill (question about dogs actually...)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
Know anyone out in the country? We always found all our pets by taking in abandoned strays. And there was no lack of those unfortunately.

But yeah, sounds like a rough set up there. Perhaps you could reach out to the local vets office? Surely they see strays or otherwise unwanted dogs come through from time to time. I don't imagine they'll just have one on hand, but it might be a good place to get a lead.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 03:46:40 PM »
unfortunately where i live the term "strey dog" doesnt exist and  i dont want a guinea pig, i need something that will excersize with me

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »
well in the end, i got through my frustrations, mom decided if i want this animal, i need to get the house cleaned, if i do that, she'll keep looking for me =w=

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
That really sucks that the pound is charging so much. Our local pound only charges $100 max for ANY pet. That being said, if you can find a cheap price, remember that older dogs aren't bad companions either. They may not be long for this world and that's hard for some people to get over, but there's real companionship that can happen. Remember that even the older dogs need a home and friend too, I regularly adopt older cats because it really breaks my heart how often I see them at the shelter. It's definitely nothing like raising a kitten or puppy but I've found my own enjoyment from spending time with them and the very least making their last few years happy and relaxed ones. I've often been surprised by how long some of them hang around too.

There's the added benefit that older animals are often already trained very well, super chill and relaxed! Good luck finding a pet Bobby!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 05:14:38 PM »
if it were $100 i would get an older dog, thanks for the luck tho : D