December 16, 2018, 08:05:30 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I got booed at an hospital  (Read 740 times)

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: I got booed at an hospital
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »
I'm well aware that they are far more than most people give them credit for, but they simply aren't safe to be around, and it's mostly because they aren't fully actualized. I'm not going to pretend to like people who are a direct danger to me. Little kids seem to always want to touch me and yell about everything. When they stop doing that, maybe I'll think about building a bridge with them. Since that's an unrealistic expectation, I'll happy go to another room when small children are involved. No thank you. I value breathing more than trying to forge a bond with people who make breathing difficult.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 01:25:51 PM »
You've pretty much stated outright, though, that the defining factor in your situation is your anxiety about loud noises and uncleanliness. It's like an allergy. You can be allergic to cats, and recognize that allergy and that it's not necessarily your fault, without actively disliking cats or thinking that they are universally dangerous. You don't have to make that allergy into something more than it is. It's not about pretending to like them; it's about challenging that internal dislike that would necessitate said pretense. And it's up to your discretion as to what to do about that allergy, whether you try to build an immunity to it or just avoid cats, but you can't pin that allergy on cats. They don't know any better than to have high levels of dander.

On the uncleanliness factor, too, it's not as if adults, who eat ass, masturbate without washing their hands, have nocturnal emissions, menstrate, lick their fingers when they turn pages, and brush teeth and put on eye makeup in bathrooms full of fecal matter are really cleaner than kids who pick their nose or suck their thumb or put gum on things. Uncleanliness is pretty much a given if you have a body at all.

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »
@papis I think I have an adult fobia now thanks >_<

@mahlua that sounds quite bad, anxiety can be a pain to reduce or remove once you get it. Try not to think of children with such bad terms though, as that can impact worse on your anxiety. Sorry you have to deal with that.

on a similar note I hear a lot of people with arachnophobia say spiders are ugly, but they are really pretty to me. I still jump on top of a chair if one runs towards me, but it helps to not add extra negativity :P
Art: Manga / Other / Requests (closed)
Manga:Overdrive / Endlessness
Other:Craft

Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »
When I volunteered at a youth center back in the days, one of the girls that volunteered with me said she didn't like kids. One of the kids then asked why? "You used to be us," the little girl said. It's funny because I used to say the same thing when I myself was a kid. We say we grow up, but in truth, we really haven't changed much from what we were as kids ourselves. The only thing that's changed is the things we were accustomed to as kids became "dull." We became more infatuated with things that had more "substance" behind it.

It's nothing more than the realization that kids don't have the same "life" experience as you do, and so don't understand the "substance" that you understand. Socializing? Pop References? Manners? All the things you as an adult consider "common sense" is foreign to a newborn who has never heard, let alone experience this "common sense" thing. Trust me that when you find a kid that knows the same as you and acts like you, you'll be best buds in no one. Then again, that goes for everyone. Only it's much harder for kids since they won't have the same interests as you as a given.  :-X
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Offline MahluaandEggnog

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »
I understand what y'all are trying to say about the whole "don't blame the kids for it" thing...

But I'm not changing my mind. Small children are gross. This is just one example of it. I hated kids even when I was one, and I see no gain for me personally to try to like them. It's simple: You mess with my anxiety or do things to instigate it, I'm not going to be around you longer than I have to be.

(Edit: Gotta note the irony here that the general opinion here is that it's cute when kids are brutally honest about they don't like, but when I do it everyone tells me to chill or try not to be so harsh. That's another thing you can add to the list of things I hate. If it ain't cute when an adult does it, then it just ain't cute. Period.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:55:34 PM by MahluaandMilk »