September 23, 2018, 04:16:29 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Weird Writing Habits?  (Read 344 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Writing Habits?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
That's true.

I used to be like, hyper dependent on having songs that felt like the scene I was working on playing while I wrote. It was pretty detrimental. Nowadays I still go that route if I find a real winner, but more often than not, I find no urging for it.

I think part of that is I'm finally starting to come to understand my own internal sense of flow. My writing style has definitely shifted, and I can only hope it's for the better. But now that I'm not relying on whatever random song, everything feels so much more self consistent. Even right now, while writing four different stories, they all feel like my own hand. All my old stuff felt like it was a different author each chapter.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
I'm finally starting to come to understand my own internal sense of flow
Yeah a sort of similar thing is happening with me and my drawing. I usually rely on music from my 5 star playlist to give me a boost into drawing but then I'm usually OK. Having a "crutch" isn't sooo bad as long as it is readily available!

Offline swearzy

• Comrade Stalin, Conspiracy Theorist.
  • I come with tin foil hats a many!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
I found that I would re write entire chapters if I mess a paragraph up :/ find a mistake and then go backwards up the page changing everything... maybe its a distorted form of editing. I try not to go back and read what I've done for a while but I'm in that rut now.

Cant get one chapter right ugh.

Clickiest keyboards are the best! The sound of clicky keyboards helps me a lot. Background noises to zone out into the page also help.