March 29, 2024, 09:07:30 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: If you were a Persona User...  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
If you were a Persona User...
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »
Eh, didn't really know where to put this, so I'm leaving this here until one of the mods find a more appropriate place to put it.

So I was wondering as a fan of the persona series (Mainly the games from 3 and on) what it would be like to integrate myself into the universe. And now I'm proposing this question to you all as well.

If you were a character in the Persona universe, what would you be like?

To be more specific, I'll be going off these guidelines for my own character. Feel free to use these when creating your own character, or use your own, but keep in mind that this is all general in concept. You're not limited to just going strictly off one Persona game's themes and gameplay unless you want to. The optimal word here is "universe", so feel free to combine elements from each of the different games.

Spoiler

Personality: Something similar to a Junpei or Ryuji archetype, but less hotheaded and way more chill. If I were in a group with other persona users, I'll probably be the guy whose too laid back for his own good, always cracking a good joke or too, but can display one of hell of a mean streak if lines are crossed. Generally a nice guy who can surprise you with some words of wisdom every now and then. Don't count on me when it's time to study for exams, though.

Tarot Arcana: Strength. It's the one of the few tarot cards whose meaning matches closely with my overall personality, with the other candidates being The Chariot, The Hanged Man, and The Sun. It pretty much means using inner strength to exert self control on one's self, and I feel as though if I had my own character arc in a persona story it would most likely be modeled off of this theme.

Starting Persona/Description: I'll be going the with the japanese ogre demon, Oni. My version of Oni would a bit more refined than it's usual appearance in past persona games. Mine would have the typical red skin and bulging physique and the usual ogre mask. However, it would have long, thick white hair, and dress in Karate gi pants that are cut off at the ankles. Finishing off the look, he would also wear red and gold samurai waist armor and shoulder pads. His weapon would be the prototypical spiked club that most ogre demons are associated with.

Ultimate Persona: I'm gonna go with Hachiman, the japanese god of war. I'm too lazy to come up with my own description of him at the moment. So I'll let this picture do it for me.

Persona Skill Set: My persona would pretty much be a physical war machine with high stats in Strength and Endurance with very low stats in Magic and others. The majority of it's skills will be physical, with some support skills that would boost my offensive capabilities (Tarukaja, Rebellion, Heat Riser, etc).  Having a offensive magic skill would pretty much be useless with my build, but if I had to go with one, it would be the Zio spells (Electric spells).

Dungeon weapon: Long Dual Arm-blades

This is all I got for mine so far. Looking forward to what everyone else comes up with. Also, bonus points to anyone who can actually come with a narrative for their own social link, cause I sure as hell can't.
Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a Persona User...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »
I actually drew what would be my starter out once.
Personality: Y'all know me by now, I hope. I can't say that I feel really similar to any of the main persona characters, except maybe somewhere between what my understanding of P5's Haru and Makoto is. Not having played the game myself, I can't tell if that's an accurate description. Someone who knows me and knows Persona fact check me.
Tarot: DEATH. Not because I'm edgy, but because I asked my Guilded Tarot deck once and Death was the card it gave me on the first try. I didn't even get a minor arcana first. Literally just all of the 70-something cards in a tarot deck and Death flops out first. (When I asked my actual Persona deck, based on the P3 and P4 designs, it gave me Aeon, but I'm not gonna be that 8itch.)
Starter Persona: I literally just slapped a design together loosely based on some of the patterns I saw in the Persona games. The name Chikage was what I went with.

Persona Skills: High magic, primarily fire based. Weapon is a kusarigama.

My dungeon weapon: I dunno man I'll pick up literally anything. A crowbar maybe??

Ultimate
Persona
There are plenty of Egyptian gods depicted in the series, but given my path, I'd probably have to go with Sekhmet. I don't work with Sekhmet as much as I'd like to, but given the tarot of Death and magic of Fire, well...
Haha signature go brr.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 01:05:03 AM »
I CAN'T RESIST PERSONA TALK

Being a gigantic Persona fan boy, like Mahlua I've already drawn my starter Persona before though it's actually changed a few times. This is the latest version and it might be cheating a bit since I'm borrowing a character design from a different franchise haha.

Personality:
In terms of personality there isn't that a whole lot in the Persona series that would fit me. The closest fit for me would probably be Sho Minazuki (the Persona version of him not the Persona-less version) as he embodies that rebellious spirit that I admire. For those that don't know, Minazuki is from the Persona 4 Arena fighting games.

Tarot: Tower. This ones a given, I don't know how many times I've fallen apart due to my own hubris or lack of understanding but one things for sure, it's a real pain in the ass having to rebuild that tower every time it falls apart. That sums up what I admire the most about the Tower Arcana and it's characters, no matter how far you've fallen, if you have the will you can always challenge the heavens once more.

Persona: This is where I'm cheating a bit, but basically Mordred from the Fate series. She's literally my spirit animal, I love everything about her and I admire her. I like all rebels that try to challenge their fates but she especially embodies what I love about that rebel archetype. Unwilling to compromise, stubborn almost to a fault and unflinchingly loyal to her own beliefs, Mordred in a lot of ways has an awful personality but she owns it so hard that I can't help but also share in her confidence.

In terms of design, I wanted to capture Mordred at her lowest point. As a Persona, and at the end of her life she was known as the Knight of Treachery for having betrayed King Arthur. As a result, most people saw her a beast undeserving of her sword Clarent which she stole from Arthur. I wanted to capture that bestial nature in her design. She was killed by Arthur after being stabbed through her chest with Rhongomyniad at the end of her story. The dragon pauldrons are meant to reflect her Draconic heritage whom she shares with her father King Arthur Pendragon.

This is her original Fate version:
Spoiler

Persona Stuff:
Statwise, she would have high strength and magic, moderate endurance but very low agility and almost no luck.

Skill wise, she'd have:
Agi - Agilao - Agidyne
Rakukaja - Marakukaja
Dekunda
Cleave - Arm Chopper - Tempest Slash - Brave Blade
Rampage - Deathbound - Bloodbath

Passive skills:
Auto-Rakukaja - Auto-Marakukaja
Tetraja
Arms Master
Fire Boost - Fire Amp

She'd learn mostly single target fire spells and single target physical spells. Her unique skill would be Clarent Blood Arthur, an AOE heavy curse skill that deals bonus damage to Emperor Arcana shadows/personas.

Resistance wise she would be weak to lightning and bless but resistant to curse and fire.

Ultimate Persona:

Her ultimate form would be King Arthur herself. Or in other words, Saber from Fate/Stay Night. All Mordred ever wanted to be was someone that could succeed King Arthur. She both admired and hated her father, but ultimately she wanted to be Arthur so it only makes sense that once she's come to terms with herself, she would take on the mantle of the King of Knights.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
@Mahlua: Definitely more Makoto than Haru. Haru is a WAY too shy and reserved for you to fit that mold. To be honest, I'm also a bit iffy on you being similar to Makoto as well, but she's probably a safer bet. That's a nice Persona design by the way. For some reason I see you more as a Priestess type, but Death is probably more of a fit for you anyways. You would know better that I would.

Also, the image of you just using everyday objects as a dungeon weapon is just great.

@Devola: Dude, freaking Jesus Christ, that Persona design is freaking amazing! Don't feel too guilty about borrowing a character design. If you read my Persona description closely, you'll find that it's hella similar to the Oni in Super Street Fighter 4. Also, the tower arcana is actually my favorite in the persona games. Great personas and great social links all around. The monk social link in persona 3 will always stay with me.

Forgot about adding a weakness to my Persona. Since I went with Zio nature spells, Garu will obviously be its weakness.

Also, Also, because I'm in love with the idea of being in a Persona game, I  went ahead and made a list of battle quotes  I would say in a battle because why the hell not!?

Warning: Expect some cringe!

Spoiler

"Get em' out of here, Oni!" (Enemy weak to attack/Critical with Physical skill)

"You're beyond dead!" (Enemy weak to attack/Critical with Physical skill)

"Oni!" (Enemy weak to attack/Critical with Physical skill)

"I'll shut you up!" (Selecting persona skills)

"One... Two... The End!" (Landing a critical hit

"Time for an all out ass whooping!" (Prompting all out attack)

"Let's jump em!" (Prompting all out attack)

"What? Are you crazy?" (All out attack Declined)

"Good sh!t" (Ally exploits enemy weakness)

"Keep it going! (Ally exploits enemy weakness)

"Beat em' down, sis!" (Mahlua exploits weakness)

"Devola, that was godlike!" (Devola exploits enemy weakness)

"Can't touch this!" (Dodges enemy attack)

"Damn, slick piece of sh!t" (Misses an attack)

"Damn... this is trash... (Dies in battle)

"Run it back you scrub!" (Revived from death)

"You just ain't on my level." (After victory)

"Always on the grind!" (Level up)

"It's level up time!" (Level up)

Alright that's enough cringe for now lol.

Messatsu...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »
Another friend of mine considers me a "more sexually aggressive Futaba" which I never thought of because I'm in that minority that honestly never gave a sh!t about her.

I feel like the only battle sound I need is that soundbite from Danganronpa's English dub of Celestia shouting "YOU LITTLE B!TCH".
Haha signature go brr.