July 17, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: does anyone know what happen to petetoy  (Read 226 times)

Offline ;w; Andou

• Andou Keitohno
    • View Profile
does anyone know what happen to petetoy
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:57:59 PM »
I am doing a project with that person but that person is inactive for a long time

we are planning to make manga together??

Online MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone know what happen to petetoy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:08:23 PM »
Can't say that I've heard of this member. When did this project start and how long is a long time of being inactive?

Unfortunately it's common for members to "drop off" the site for months at a time (I myself am guilty of this) due to school or other obligations.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 02:51:21 AM »
It says he was last active here on May 23rd but he hasn't made another post since Jan 4th.  I checked his deviantart and he hasn't posted anything since 2017.

Looking back at your old post, I think it is better if you move on and try to find someone who draws in the style that you like rather than trying to get an artist to mimic another person's style.  If you are serious about your project then you want someone who is comfortable using their normal style of art as there is less chance of burnout and quitting (then you are stuck at step 1 of finding an artist similar to the last artist).

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »
I had writers disappear on me so it's not just an artists thing.   
I'll say give the person one month from the last communication. If they just disappeared without saying a thing there is a big chance they are not coming back. Better to move on. Unless you paid for commissions thats a different story.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »
Yes, unfortunately people do just disappear sometimes. In future, always make sure to get a backup contact for them, don't just rely on the forum. Get their Skype, or discord, or whatever they are most likely to stay around on.

Best of luck!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline ;w; Andou

• Andou Keitohno
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Thanks for all your replies

I'm actually targeting 2 other artist but them seem to be inactive and busy 1 of them is Prassart he said he will help me after his done with someone else's manga..

This person Naesse 19 posted that he or she wanted to work with someone I tried emailing that person I'm not getting.

Maybe around August I will post my writing in this forum and see if anyone would like to help out and collab
if you so they can join my website in order to update my wikia page and plan out a really good stort.

I also have someone who is fully available helping me out with art cover and of light novel or such.

I just need character designs in order to make manga panels my drawing skills are nooble and I would like to focus on light novels for a while than later on make manga.

If anyone can help with making me manga I would be happy I'm just picky with the artstyle..

Offline Robin Ryuu

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:26:10 PM »
Unless you're willing to pay artists for their time and skill you're very unlikely to find someone who will both stick around and have the style you want.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:17:38 PM »
@Coryn Even a backup contact won't help. When people disappear they fall off the face of the internet.

@Robin paying an artist has its own complications also.
The price might be decided on if the work is for personal or commercial use. Some artist may ask to own part of your story on top of that. And other things. Making manga pages is a long commitment unlike on commission drawing. Not many artists doing pages.

@Andou I have seen that collaboration work best when the artist and writer live near each other, they are friends or a couple and share the same goal.

In general. Commissions or collaboration. it's going to be really tricky finding someone that does it in the same exact "artstyle" you want.

Online Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 11:21:19 PM »
It may not always, but there's a far greater likelihood of someone dropping off of MR, than for them to also drop off of the internet all together. We are talking about two very different scenarios.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 01:08:23 AM »
I get your point. If you in collaboration with someone you should get their twitter, facebook, Instagram etc Not only MR
I'm saying they also stop answering their other contacts.

Offline ;w; Andou

• Andou Keitohno
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 06:20:55 PM »
I just got a reply from one of them from deviantart in email that said she or he was on a trip and give me a couple days to answer back.

When forming a contact with someone i'll try getting there interaction time to time to make this project work.

My writing is around chapter 1 - 2 so around august I'll post it here to make more interesting and people can help out my story once I make a thread.

I wish I got more materials for my work. I'll just keep working..