July 15, 2018, 08:53:21 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: An idea pitch for possible game  (Read 128 times)

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
An idea pitch for possible game
« on: June 28, 2018, 03:18:33 AM »
Well basically the story is set in different parts, the first is about the first beings each blessed with their own gifts. They all have jobs to do and they see that they had help build the universe. And among the marbles  (planets life was being born beings not like them but family young and weak some are powerful but can't harm them they are the beginning and the end). Among the first were the semi mortals and among them the first were the twins the elves and dwarfs then the orcs and wizards, then came the mortals man, granetes  (rock like people as they age their skin hardens more later) and others.

But the first story takes place before the creation of the universe and ends at the crowning of the first king. The second story is about the now godless lands raging war (this one well stretch in book or manga time a span of generations and different hero's)

The Idea came to me while playing civilization that I wish they had a game like this with some fantasy. Anyway I came up with names and backgrounds for soldiers and thus the beginning of me drafting ideas. So here's the game idea it's a rpg, rts, sim. The rpg part would be like Sao mixed with more brutal violence. The rts will be commanding your armies ore tribes. The SIM part would be managing your followers and diplomacy.

If you mad it this far thanks for reading but if you would like me to post some of the drafts I will. But I was wandering would the subject matter and content interest you. (Sweating profusely and ease back in shadows😬

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: An idea pitch for possible game
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:34:56 AM »
Haha dude I think you should've led with the actual pitch before the background information. So you want an Age of Empires like RPG where you manage armies even as you level up or something? I guess Fire Emblem would be something to look at.

As for the story I'm not sure. Who's the main character? Who's the Big Bad?

Game making can be done for sure. It's the art that's a huge obstacle to overcome (As it is with making comics) but if you have a fun mechanic that you can even draw out on paper then you can still really test if the game will be fun or not.

Have you ever worked with gamemaking software?

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:13:05 AM »
Well to the question about who is who in all their like Lord of the rings except the first arc will be based on the creation of life and what part the gods had in it and the rise of corruption. The game part is well I was thinking of ways to make it better and the story came from the game. I want it to be as long as the Lord of the rings with alot of unnoticed more that alot of people missed in the movies and didn't read his other novels besides the up but and the trilogy.

Offline suupertramp

• How to draw.....?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:50:44 PM »
the trouble with merging game genres is that you have to put in double the effort, otherwise you get a game thats not interesting to each of the genre-enthusiasts that it caters for.

as a game programmer I am always interested in ideas, but any game that is an rts, sim, or rpg on its own is hard enough without doing genre mixes, at least for an individual programmer. I have my own to-do list so I cant say I am interested in helping directly with making, but I don't mind beta testing or discussing game play and game engine stuff.

so far it sounds plausible, but would deifnitely have to hear more to get a proper feel for what you are aiming for. often gameplay windows (like designing individual screens, main menu, level select,play screen etc) are where I spend most of my time planing, like where the buttons go and how the menus fork, so the gameplay is more understandable.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:52:20 PM by suupertramp »