October 23, 2018, 02:54:39 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: my first attempt at drawing  (Read 961 times)

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
Re: my first attempt at drawing
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
I agree with Coryn.

The character lineart looks good to me.
If you going to redo it just have a clear idea of what you want to improve in the redo. I if you keep redoing without knowing and keep having the same results you might frustrate yourself.

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: my first attempt at drawing
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 03:43:45 AM »
Ive heard of Medibang but not had the chance to use it. It certainly works for you which is great.

Well as suuper is discovering, there is value in finishing the works you don't feel are up to snuff. If nothing else it let's you practice that part of the process. And a piece changes continuously. By the time you're done, who knows what your opinion will be!
It was that obvious huh?
It's totally true. As artists we stereotypically permanently underrate our work and so will give up and move on very easily. But finishing a piece fully gives you a solid idea of what your "normal" skill level is, as well as, as Coryn says, you get to get more practice in with finishing a piece. And being a finished piece, it will automatically look better anyway :P

I personally dont go for much of this asymmetry business, especially with wings, but I think you drew each style of wing really well (is it a character from somewhere?) black clothes are notoriously hard to shade, so maybe have a really dark grey and shade to black, so its still really dark but you can add details. the arms are maybe a little thin, as wlel as the hands being a little small, but the hands are drawn really well. good expression and face and hair.

If you going to redo it just have a clear idea of what you want to improve in the redo.
True this, make sure it's an improvement and not a new version with all the same mistakes, like what I regularly do *eyes roll*
Maybe rather than a redo, just do a sketch over the top, to keep the bits that were good and not waste your time.