March 29, 2024, 01:25:39 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 339430 times)

Offline Vio

• Listed in the MR blacklist
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1575 on: January 11, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
I'm watching a fan-animated Touhou - Memories of Phantasm episodes. It's going to take a few months, maybe a year, before the next episode is out.  :sadbye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w337ij3wtXA&index=6&list=PL5NV1VR7y7o70hQwWY0m0VLABlhMLgbIo

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 11, 2016, 12:53:12 PM »
Yeah it starts really strong, the first couple of episodes are awesome, but then it just sorta lost the mystique and became more about shock value, plus it got a bit confusing for me towards the end. Still worth watching, but I think it never quite reaches the heights of the first episodes afterwards for me.

Offline MisterSherbetLemon

• The MangaRaiders Political Correctness Enforcer...Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 11, 2016, 02:59:49 PM »
Finally got round to watching Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi / ERASED. The first thing i've seen from this season and to be honest, if its the only new thing that I watch from this season i'll be fine :P

A really strong start, I just hope it doesnt go downhill like Ranpo Kitan did.

So far that's my highlight of the new season. Getting stuck into Dimension W and Gate S2 tonight methinks.

Also started recently on Mawaru Penguindrum, can't believe I've never watched it before!

I have a soft spot for penguins, they're so derpy!  :D

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 11, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
^Penguindrum is one of my favorite anime. Maybe it was just me at the time, but it's one of the few anime that has almost made me cry.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 11, 2016, 05:39:57 PM »
Oh gawd Penguindrumm. I love how it was buried and unkown. It was truly a treasure to uncover. I had no spoilers, no reviews to go on and it was a perfect watching experience.

And yes, the feels were real.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 12, 2016, 12:57:34 AM »
Monogatari series so far. In a spoiler tag not because there are spoilers but because you should watch and decide for yourself, if you haven't. Or read it. It's your life.
Spoiler
Bakemonogatari: A strong start to a very unique show. It lacked proper character exposition at first, but eventually it slid in to place quite nicely. (8/10)

Nisemonogatari: Aimless and morally questionable, though the plot elements are good and the new characters introduced are essential. (4/10)

Nekomonogatari (Black): A return to the initial style, though with some lingering Nise elements, but not quite as strong due to weaker dialogue. (6/10)

-

Nekomonogatari (White): The perfect (I resist the temptation to write "purrfect"; no need to thank me) return with great character exposition and development. (10/10)

Kabukimonogatari: A good deal of fun, though the end is rushed, and the visuals aren't as good as other arcs. (7/10)

Otorimonogatari: An interesting arc that takes some unexpected turns. It's better retrospectively, for how it sets up Koimonogatari very well. (8/10)

Onimomonogatari: Some great visual elements and good character development, though with few slightly frustrating Araragi "perv" moments. (7/10)

Koimonogatari: The opening is unbelievable fun, the character development is great for multiple characters and the pacing is perfect. (10/10)

Hanamonogatari (movie): In some ways, this is the most incredible installment of the Monogatari series. It takes the show's visual and narrative style and pushes it even further to incredibly beautiful, tense, immersive effect. Perhaps the most visual incredible anime sequences I have seen. I really wish I could say it was perfect, but the ending was rushed just a bit, stopping the drama from really hitting full force and the pay off from being as rewarding for the tension it had previously built up. Still, I loved it, and, again, the direction was incredible. Perhaps, if the narrative flaws were worked out, it would stand as one of the very best anime films of all time for its ingenuity. Perhaps, despite its flaws, it already does. (9/10)

Monogatari Series Second Season (overall): A fantastic ride. Not perfect all the time, but, as I've said, the Monogatari series does things that no other series does and it's always a joy to watch. (9/10)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:15:02 AM by Paipis »

Offline Le Magicien

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 12, 2016, 07:30:36 AM »
Hi !

I'm looking for an anime - comical - something funny, crazy. Maybe some of you can help me with that. I've seen a lot of anime tho so it'll be hard to make a list.
Right now I was enjoying " Yahari ore no seishun love come [...] " . Finished the two seasons and waiting for a third.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 12, 2016, 07:59:32 AM »
Something funny and crazy.

Squid Girl, Cromartie High School (dub recommended), D-Frag, Sabagebu!, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Panty & Stocking, Golden Boy (must be seen in dub for maximum laughs, seriously Kintarou's dub voice is actual comedy gold), Plastic Nee-San, B Gata H Kei, Space Dandy, Daily Lives Of High School Boys...

and if you want pure insanity, Teekyuu.

Some of these shows shouldn't be judged my their art, titles or description. Shows like D-Frag and Sabagebu! seem boring until you watch them. Squid Girl is one of the most fun animes every, a pure summer show. One of the greatest viewing experiences I've had.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:07:14 AM by Manimal »

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 12, 2016, 08:00:08 AM »
The Devil Is A Part Timer, Assassination Classroom, Great Teacher Onizuka and One Punch Man all have great comedy for me personally. The Devil Is A Part Timer is short but fun, I believe it only had one season.

Great Teacher Onizuka is my favourite comedy anime of all time but it's pretty old. :

The other two are pretty popular ones right now so you may have already watched them.

Offline Le Magicien

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 12, 2016, 08:49:50 AM »
Already seen or read gto, one punch man and AC (which should end soon prob...). I'll take a look at the devil is a part timer... Wait isn't that "hatarakou maou sama" ? What is the plot ?

Squid girl is insanely funny :) . Daily live of high school boys (that is danshi kokousei no nichijo, right ?) . Sadly, when I thought I did not see a comedy anime... I was deceived by this English title ^^.
Well let's look into d-frag. Will tell you my review by the end of the week prob.
Thank you very much for your counseling/advices .

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 12, 2016, 09:01:22 AM »
Squid Girl is some good stuff man. A top 10 anime for me, I had such a good time with it. Yes that's the Japanese title, Daily Lives Of High School Boys' title is actually part of the joke. You always see the daily lives of high school girls with K-On, Lucky Star etc. so that's why it's called what it is, kinda clever actually. It's one of those One Punch Man style parodies that doesn't go well with my sense of humour where everything is a joke but it's not in your face or instantly clear that it is a joke or spoof. So there are some misses in terms of comedy for me but a lot of home run jokes. The first episode is gold. It's one big parody on the whole school genre.

D-Frag was a big surprise for me. It was perfect for my sense of humour. It has a lot of clever jokes and some hilarious side characters.

Offline Le Magicien

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »
Well I do like "clever jokes" as you call them. It makes the whole thing a lot funnier when you think about it. And when you think about it again, it is still funny.
Sadly there is a lot of comedy that are "harem-like" . And I am tired of harems. I also am tired of mecha. Which makes it difficult for me to find an anime. I also do love science fiction but it is filled with mecha at 80% :( . Damn those giant machines. I loved them...a long time ago.

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »
I'll take a look at the devil is a part timer... Wait isn't that "hatarakou maou sama" ? What is the plot ?

Satan and gets defeated by humans on his world and retreats through a portal with his servant so he can dominate another world and come back for revenge. The portal leads to Earth. He decides to get a job at McRonalds to work his way up the career ladder until he can dominate the planet (and pay his rent).

It starts off with some pretty serious looking fights then just turns silly when he arrives on Earth hehe.

Oh, and yes it is, my apologies.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 12, 2016, 09:25:37 AM »
Ha ha, well don't worry none of the shows I recommended are harems. Kenji is surrounded by girls in D-Frag but it's a parody of anime tropes and I don't think it's harem like. It's not a normal anime, it's 100% aware of everything it does. B Gata H Kei is ecchi (it's about a girl trying to bang a nerdy guy) and Seitokai Yakuindomo is all sex jokes but they are very funny shows and not typical anime which is why I like them. I like school anime that go against norms, like Sabagebu! and it's anti heroine Momoka and Cromartie High School which is just something that can't be explained, only witnessed.

Oh I forgot School Rumble! There's a classic hilarious show, it's a bit frustrating since it's all about how Harima fails to confess to Tenma and Tenma fails to confess to Karasuma etc. etc. but it's all good fun.

Offline Suzuki

• An ordinary guy living an ordinary college life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 12, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
Haikyuu and Shinrei Tantei Yakumo.