March 29, 2024, 03:41:02 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 339444 times)

Offline Mysie

• Attic Dweller
  • 'NoFace' reminds me of my Uncle.
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1395 on: May 10, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »
Yeah, I think it was around 2014. I love it, it's a little more outrageous than Azumanga Daioh, if that's saying much, haha. I loved A-D, though.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 12, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Just finished Daily Lives of High school boys.

So the first 3 episodes. Amazing. Fanastic humour, lots of laughs and great jokes. A good summer vibe, I really liked where this series was going. 8/10.

However as it went on it became hit or miss. The hits where fricking home runs. In 12 episodes there was at least 7-8 episodes worth of anime comedy gold. However there where a lot of misses I felt. Some of the jokes went on for too long and amounted to nothing.

A guy having an inner struggle about telling a girl she has a hair sticking out of her mole = Hilarious

A guy recalling a dull humourless tale of some super hero kid at a shrine saving him from bullies and than the big joke being it was really one of his friends = Not funny

Again when the humour was on it was gold but a lot of it was just "meh". Also the animation. Putting the stupid shadow shades on 70% of the characters was a bad idea and looked horrible and cheap. I hate that shadow shade in general but having eyeless characters, especially secondary ones like the sister characters, was stupid. It really really bothered me and detracted from the series. It's a small thing but it bothered me. This show was very self aware and made fun of itself a lot but it never said anything about that. Then the main guy of the group disappears for like 5 episodes, they make a few jokes of it but it amounts to nothing when he re-appears at the end. There was no big pay off to the joke of him being gone. It made sense but it didn't add up to anything.

I'm being very nitpicky but after seeing 2 excellent anime, Barakamon & Monthly Girl's Nokazki-Kun, back to back I expected another home run with this series. I got that, for about 3 episodes. Again it was funny and I did laugh a lot, It wasn't a bad show!!! Literacy Girl and Ringo where pretty funny characters and that part when the tough guy learns to ride a bike was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in anime. EVER. My God it was right up there with the beaten & mauled/World Cup misunderstanding joke from School Rumble 2 (the funniest scene I've seen in all anime). The good jokes in this show where top tier anime comedy! It's just the misses where so boring!

This is not a show to marathon. I watched it in 3 days and I think I would have enjoyed it more if I watched it in 6. Like Seitokai Yakuindomo, if taken in small does it's great. Also this anime had THE WORST ED IN THE HISTORY OF ALL ANIME EVER. Maybe it was a parody of other animes, how the VAs from the show sing the ED song and sometimes are really bad at singing but my God it was so annoying! It makes Baby Sweet Berry Love from HenNeko sound like Hotel California.

So overall this show is a 7/10 for me. If I didn't watch it so fast I might have liked it more but there was a big drop off after episode 3...but the good jokes kept coming! I mean episode 10 was all pure hilarity. However the misses and the stupid shadow eye shades keep it from being a 8/10 to me.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 13, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »
Started Amagi Brilliant Park...I was ready to drop this series 2 times in the first episode. First when the fairies showed up and than when they introduced the whole magic part. Magic? I don't want to see that, I expected a fun show about a bunch of idiots trying to run an amusement park, not this. However a certain scientific buttocks at the end of the episode and the ending theme made me try out another episode. The ED song is really great! This is not what I expected, I think the whole magic element whatever the hell is pretty dumb...not what I wanted out of the series. The mascots already annoy me. I mean they have the fricking Full Metal Panic! mascot (I loved the joke about it infringing copyright) and they made me not like it! I don't know about this anime...I might try another episode or 2. The episodes did pass quickly...I just don't like the magic element.

However the characters names basically being Ice Cube, 50 Cent and Kanye West? That's hilarious. Isuzu has a magnificent character design as well, but her character isn't as interesting. The main guy is the typical Kyoto Ani protagonist. He may as well be the guy from Hyouka or the Dark Flame Master. But oh well...I'll give this anime one more chance. After seeing good series I always get so judgmental about the next ones I see...

Offline Mysie

• Attic Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 13, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Google's so cute. She said that Full Metal Panic has only ever been a series of light novels.

She's just high spirited, poor girl isn't quite there yet.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 13, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »
"One Google search later"

Well to be fair Google took that from Wikipedia...

(If you Googled it because you didn't know it, you should check it out, it's awesome)

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 13, 2015, 07:34:20 PM »
Michiko & Hatchin showed up yesterday. I haven't heard good things about it but it is by the Bebop guy IIRC.

So I should watch it.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 14, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
Oh dude Michiko to Hatchin... Watch it. I also made the same misconception. It's not made by him but the music is composed by him. But dude it's a brazillian based anime that's pulled off well. Also the feels are hit pretty hard.

If you want stuff by the Bebop guy watch Sakamichi no Appollon (music slice of life. Great show) or Zankyou no Terror / Terror in resonance (Great short thriller anime. Awesome) or Samurai Champloo (Samurai era epic action. Also hits you in the feels at the end because it's a great experience) and last but absolutely not least Space Dandy. Both seasons. Trust me you can't finish this show until you finish it. Soooo good (Gag sci fi anime directed by numerous anime directors. Awesome. )

Offline Mysie

• Attic Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 14, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »
"One Google search later"

Well to be fair Google took that from Wikipedia...

(If you Googled it because you didn't know it, you should check it out, it's awesome)

Nah, been a Full Metal Panic fan ever since I watched Excel Saga (one of the first anime shows I watched). Friggin' love that *censored*.

<--- in the gif bank.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 14, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
Heh, awesome, I just wanted to make sure. Full Metal Panic was the second anime I watched so naturally it has lots of "sentimental" attachment from me. I feel "sentimental" when I listen to the OP Tomorrow, defiantly one of the top 5 anime OPs of all time right next to Little Busters and Hishoku no Sora.

Back when one of the comic stores here had DVD rentals someone who worked there recommended it to me and let me rent the DVDs for free (they always used to let me rent things for free, I never really took advantage of it). They had a whole wall of anime, I think the only other one I ever rented was the old Guyver...I vaguely remember watching a few episodes... I watched Full Metal Panic right after Gurren Lagann. The one two punch was so powerful that it took me 4-5 years to watch another anime.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:54:19 PM by Manimal »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 15, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

Nah, been a Full Metal Panic fan ever since I watched Excel Saga (one of the first anime shows I watched). Friggin' love that *censored*.

<--- in the gif bank.

Holy crap that's one punch and a half

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 15, 2015, 05:08:22 PM »
So it's about the mid way point of the anime season.

Snafu 2 is doing great, it's an excellent Friday show. It doesn't have the social commentary from Hachiman as much but the animation and art is greatly improved. I really like the direction the stories taking with the whole unravelling of the club. The only issue is Yukino is getting way over shadowed, not only by Yui but by the female secondary characters! Although her scene in the last episode really made up for that. I'm excited to see how this ends, something tells me they could go White Album 2 on us, I hope they do, as much as I like a happy end it's not always fitting.

Teekyuu 4 is God damn hilarious and I love my weekly 2 minute blast of pure 100% insanity. The wackyness has been pushed to all new levels, you can't even predicted it any more. This anime is unfortunately under the radar of mostly everybody, it gets an average of 2-8 views on Anime Realm every week. It's hilarious and nothing as crazy as it exists. Everyone who wants to laugh, take 2 minutes out of your day and watch this. You'll either laugh, go insane or hate it.
http://www.anime-realm.com/Teekyuu-4-episode-4.html

Assassination Classroom is doing alright. All of the "So badass, edgy and ultimate" villains who keep popping up really bother me though. However Koro-Sensei and the class make up for this and it's fun to watch every week. The ending seems like it's going to be very predictable though, but we'll see what they do.

That's all I'm watching this season. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:17:59 PM by Manimal »

Offline ilham roxas

• Dark Hero rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 15, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »
i watch shokugeki no soma, nichijou, nisekoi, seitokai yakuindomo, and my-all-time-fav sket dance :D
"truth & justice always preveal, but lie & evil will always lurks..."

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 16, 2015, 08:49:19 AM »
Just finished the anime movie by Gen Urobotchi Expelled from Paradise. I give it a solid 7/10. Great toon rendered CG, though the ecchi shots were so obvious and at a point annoying that I had to deduct a point. It was in . your. face. No man. Where's the subtlety?

Anyhow I'd definitely read a novella/novel with the plot that it had. I feel Urobotchi finally got back to his writing routes rather than whatever he was up to with Gargantia and Aldnoah. I can't believe there were like 3 major characters for the whole movie and I was still so engaged.

Beautiful visuals. The 3d was to die for. Can't imagine how much rendering went into this. Makes me almost scared to watch Sidonia no Kishi again.

Anyways I'm glad for the wait. Totally worth the watch and at least another notch on the great Urobutcher's belt. I hope he can impress me again in the future

Offline Mysie

• Attic Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 18, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »
If we're talking great movies...

Tekkonkinkreet. Now, THAT is a great movie with an incredible soundtrack.

its absolutely gorgeous.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 18, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
Gawd damn!  He smacking the sh#! out of him.

Kill la Kill though..

Even though I could easily watch the rest of the episodes online, I'm just gonna torture myself by waiting for the episodes I need to see to come on adult swim. Call me crazy, but I think its worth it.

Did I mention that Mako is the best supporting character of all anime history? Seriously, her character is just pure gold.
Messatsu...