April 18, 2024, 08:05:51 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 342399 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1320 on: March 30, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
Just a few more days...

I just finished Shirobako. It was a fantastic ending for a great series. It got really exciting, the scene with the characters rushing to get the tapes in to various TV stations on time was ridiculous in a good way and seriously exciting. Seeing the cast build up was awesome, all the characters where great and developed nicely. This anime was very fast paced and a lot happened, it was exciting and the story was really engaging. I really enjoyed this series. It gets a solid 8/10. I really hope they'll make another season, there is a lot more story to tell!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 03, 2015, 11:20:02 AM »
Wow, I just watched the first episode of Snafu 2. My God it looks SOOOOO much better than season 1. The animation and movements as well as the character designs are SIGNIFICANTLY better. It was very surprising. Everything is off to a good start and I'm calling it now, this is going to be the show of the season. The OP and EDs where good and of course they aren't getting released in full until June...God damnit. But ya, this is gonna be a good one.

Offline FreezingCicada

• Learning Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 03, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
Wow, I just watched the first episode of Snafu 2. My God it looks SOOOOO much better than season 1. The animation and movements as well as the character designs are SIGNIFICANTLY better. It was very surprising. Everything is off to a good start and I'm calling it now, this is going to be the show of the season. The OP and EDs where good and of course they aren't getting released in full until June...God damnit. But ya, this is gonna be a good one.
Somehow. I think the quality might dip after 3. But Idc, Its gonna be good either way.
I like how it starts right where it left off too.

Shokugeki no Soma:
Didnt disappoint. I would question why you even watch anime if you dont watch this either.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?:
Surprisingly, I think it was pretty good. Will definitely keep up with this show.

No I havent let the head below influence me. Not one bit, no lie.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:36:31 PM by FreezingCicada »
DA Account: http://freezingcicada.deviantart.com/
Mostly Fan-Arts!

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 04, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »
Someone said Madoka Magic was good so I watched it on Netflix. It was surprisingly good.

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 05, 2015, 11:40:43 AM »
Was thinking of watching a knights of sidonia, anyone offer any thoughts on how good it is? My friend told me there are a lot of placentas in it...

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 05, 2015, 04:10:35 PM »
Was thinking of watching a knights of sidonia, anyone offer any thoughts on how good it is? My friend told me there are a lot of placentas in it...
It was better than I expected when I watched it on Netflix. I awaiting more of it.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 06, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »
I watched one episode of The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato and that's all I will be watching. It was trash. The animation was garbage compared to the real series, the character designs sucked and I could tell it was going to be a bad series. I though since The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was a masterpiece and one of the only 3 anime things I've seen that I would give a 10/10 that this would be good...I was wrong. Kyoto Animation is the only studio that can do Haruhi, anything else is a downgrade. This one didn't look bad but you can't get better when you've had the best. Plus the dub for Haruhi was so perfect (Bandai did the best dubs) that I can't listen to these characters any other way. There was also too much moe right off the bat. This series isn't for me.

There are a few other series I want to check out this season...but next season looks even better. It's always this way, the next anime season always looks better than the current, but there are at least 4 animes I want to check out next season.

Offline Maru

• Can't fall asleep
  • Young Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »
I haven't watched any lately... I have the bad habit of watching a few episodes of an airing anime and then switching to the manga because I can't wait. Then I don't watch anymore T_T. Plus, I don't really enjoy romance so.. That rules out a lot for me. But the most recent one I watched was heroic age, which was meh (kinda boring).

Am looking forward to Gintama 2015 though. Ugh.. my heart!

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 07, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »
Started watching Magi: Labyrinth of Terrible Writing on Netflix. It is painful at many times, so bad.

Also the first new Berserk OVA.. which seems to be a condensed remake of the original series with added jarring 3d animation. I'm not sure I'm happy with it. The other eps will have to go past where the original run did or this new series will be a waste of time.

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 07, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
Blood Blockade Battlefront is off to a good start.  Seems like the illegitimate lovechild of Baccano and Alien Nation, as directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.

Offline FreezingCicada

• Learning Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 08, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
Blood Blockade Battlefront is off to a good start.  Seems like the illegitimate lovechild of Baccano and Alien Nation, as directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.
Theme song is by Bump of Chicken. Thats enough for me to watch.

Also Sound! Euphonium is starting off pretty good too.

MUCH better then that garbage Show by Rock. I have never saw something nosedive into furry so fast before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrsgZBcDfxM
Only good thing in the whole show was the song.

Plastic Memories was pretty good too. I sense foreshadowing from that dumpster scene.
Mostly Fan-Arts!

Offline Lovus Eternius

• I'm just a writer.
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 09, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Started watching Magi: Labyrinth of Terrible Writing on Netflix. It is painful at many times, so bad.

Also the first new Berserk OVA.. which seems to be a condensed remake of the original series with added jarring 3d animation. I'm not sure I'm happy with it. The other eps will have to go past where the original run did or this new series will be a waste of time.
The thing I find painful is how you call everything bad without telling us why, and expect us to care about your opinion. Just like how everything you dislike has 'terrible writing' and don't tell us how it has terrible writing. Terrible how, terrible for whom, are you a deity?

Then you say 'waste of time'. Which I find to be amusing. Since all anime and tv shows exist for are (gasp) 'wasting time'.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:49:00 PM by Gelmra-Sensei »

Offline FreezingCicada

• Learning Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 11, 2015, 11:52:13 AM »

Overlooked this.
The berserk movies only cover the golden arc.
Spoiler
Leading up to the point Griffith turns to Femto.
And then ends teasing the black swordsman arc.

If your streaming it. The 3d is jarring. But DVD/Blueray/ HQ Downloads I think it looks fine.
3D has those added frames that regular animation doesnt. Making it look out of place at times.
But for the action. I think the movies are a fun watch, heavily condensed though.
Read the manga if you want more Berserk.

Also were you at Noisey?! Food wars is great. Foodgasms are the best!
Mostly Fan-Arts!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:19 PM »
Yes! A new OP for Assassination Classroom! The first one was one of the worst anime OPs I have ever heard (and I've heard my fair share) and one of the rare ones I skipped every time. I hardly ever do that, the OPs are sometimes the best parts! But the first one sucked hard and the new one while not great is good enough. As for the show it's been doing good. It's a really fun show and I've been enjoying it every week. This weeks episode was good also, thank God it's 2 cour!

Also Teekyuu 4 started and Teekyuu 5 has already been confirmed. Teekyuu is the most powerful anime on the planet, no one can stop it. It can not die. I love it and all it's 2 minute per week craziness.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 12, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
Watching Mononoke. Not that experienced with horror, but so far the people are creepier than the monsters. It seems like the monsters are supposed to represent the characters' depravity. Only a few episodes in, though, so I can't say for sure.