April 17, 2024, 08:22:59 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 342293 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1260 on: January 25, 2015, 03:08:42 PM »
Watched episode 0 and 1, seemed interesting. Does it pick up in the later ones cicada?

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 25, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
I watched episode 0 and I really didn't like it. The art style was beyond ugly with it's stupid Shaft-isms that instantly ruin an unfitting anime (Nisekoi). I wouldn't doubt the quality of the actually series but if episode 0 is anything to go by...no thanks. "It's okay to put in fanservice if we make fun of animes that use fan service, muhahaha how clever are we." Just as clever as when Haruhi made fun of moe by using lots of moe. Great parodying.

Offline FreezingCicada

• Learning Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 25, 2015, 03:23:00 PM »
Episode 2 has the intro of the chick that doesnt cut her hair when they met.
With the two chicks finding them having a "date".

Idk what you mean by pick up though. Cause I thought the pacing is fine for a romance/harem.
Spoiler
And I watch it for her. She is best grill.

But if you didnt like those 2 chicks in the beginning you could drop it.
DA Account: http://freezingcicada.deviantart.com/
Mostly Fan-Arts!

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 25, 2015, 04:01:12 PM »
Yeah I did it for the review. Which was hard, since episode 0 was so unlike episode 1. My advice to anyone checking out the series, watch both or episode 1. The 0 episode is like the obligatory fanservice ova and does the show a disservice in terms of the characters in my opinion.

yeah, I liked the characters in episode 1, thought they were more interesting than the normal cast of a harem comedy.

Offline Pekachu

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 25, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
Golden Boy is hilarious. The dub is amazing. The crappyness just makes it perfect. The voice for the main guy is hilarious, he has brilliant comedic timing. To be honest I love his voice. It's so funny. If that hand where to touch me in my most sensitive of spots, I would lose control of my precious bodily fluid! I can't imagine this show being as good in Japanese. I love the art style as well. 90s anime looks good.

I'm very used to watching anime with subs so that's what I always do, and I do it for practical reasons too: if you've ever watched Beck in japanese, you know what I mean xP
Yeah it's nice to see how different the style could be back then : D I really like the look of Golden Boy :P
I want to do tons of interesting things

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 25, 2015, 04:42:57 PM »
Dude if you're not watching Golden Boy in dub you're missing out on 80% of the humor. I mostly watch in subs now as well however a classic dub like Golden Boy needs to be seen.

Ya I quite like the classic style. It's more realistic and detailed. I love when you know something is hand drawn. It has a certain life to it. It's more...impressive I guess you could say. Like in some manga when you look closely and can tell the borders where hand drawn with little shaky marks and stuff. That human touch enhances it. The highly detailed art of 90s OVAs is really something else. It's weird that anime looked so bad in the early 2000s. I have no problems with most new animation but it's nice to watch old animes to see that style. I always prefer art styles that don't have big eyes or stuff like that and look more realistic.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:46:26 PM by Manimal »

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 25, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »
I just finished No. 6! It was what I was looking for: A sci-fi that wasn't mecha or in space, but rather a more dystopian environment. I liked it! It had a very unique cast, an intriguing storyline, and good mystery as you slowly learn more about No. 6... Plus it was about 11 episodes so it wasn't even long! I recommend it. :thumbsup:

Does anybody know any other sci-fi like this? :hmm:

If you're looking for something dystopian, you could always try Psycho Pass.  I didn't like it personally, but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

The highly detailed art of 90s OVAs is really something else. It's weird that anime looked so bad in the early 2000s.

It was around that point where they first started moving tv production into digital animation rather than plastic cels.  Not sure if it's just because the technology wasn't quite there yet or that the budgets were getting smaller (I think the Japanese economy was in recession at that point), but a lot of those early digipaint shows have not aged well.

Offline Pekachu

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 26, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
Dude if you're not watching Golden Boy in dub you're missing out on 80% of the humor. I mostly watch in subs now as well however a classic dub like Golden Boy needs to be seen.

Ya I quite like the classic style. It's more realistic and detailed. I love when you know something is hand drawn. It has a certain life to it. It's more...impressive I guess you could say. Like in some manga when you look closely and can tell the borders where hand drawn with little shaky marks and stuff. That human touch enhances it. The highly detailed art of 90s OVAs is really something else. It's weird that anime looked so bad in the early 2000s. I have no problems with most new animation but it's nice to watch old animes to see that style. I always prefer art styles that don't have big eyes or stuff like that and look more realistic.

Yeah, I agree about the visuals. I heard that Ghost in the Shell is really well drawn and animated too. I'm about to watch it :P

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 26, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
Dude if you want an amazing movie with great animation watch Redline if you haven't. It's animation is AMAZING. And it's all hand drawn! It's unreal. Amazing movie.

I had super high hopes for Ghost In The Shell since it was one of the first animes I heard of it and it took me so long to watch it. I expected this supreme action packed kick ass movie. It was...alright. I don't think I understood the movie, it wasn't what I expected and I found it odd. The animation was nice though, the typing fingers are so awesome. My favourite part of the movie is when one of the bad guys types on a keyboard. I just realized how bad that seems.

For older anime movies I really like the visuals of Akira. The story and characters where nothing special and I don't remember a single one of their names or the plot, but God damn it looked and moved amazingly. It had the best motion and character movements of any anime I've ever seen. But the substance of the movie was...meh.

Offline Pekachu

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 26, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »
Dude if you want an amazing movie with great animation watch Redline if you haven't. It's animation is AMAZING. And it's all hand drawn! It's unreal. Amazing movie.

I had super high hopes for Ghost In The Shell since it was one of the first animes I heard of it and it took me so long to watch it. I expected this supreme action packed kick ass movie. It was...alright. I don't think I understood the movie, it wasn't what I expected and I found it odd. The animation was nice though, the typing fingers are so awesome. My favourite part of the movie is when one of the bad guys types on a keyboard. I just realized how bad that seems.

For older anime movies I really like the visuals of Akira. The story and characters where nothing special and I don't remember a single one of their names or the plot, but God damn it looked and moved amazingly. It had the best motion and character movements of any anime I've ever seen. But the substance of the movie was...meh.

Wow, Redline does seem pretty amazing : D thanks! I have Akira in my bookmark list but haven't watched it yet.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 26, 2015, 07:49:02 PM »
Not too keen on the ending of Redline... Great artwork though that just makes it such a treat to watch.

A great stand-alone anime movie is Sword of the Stranger. There are no other anime films I've wanted to watch twice.

Also you might want to watch the short film Death Billiards with the Death Parade series currently airing.

Offline FreezingCicada

• Learning Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
Watching Sword of the Stranger gave me cravings to watch random black and white samurai flicks.
Plus they usually have awesome sounding titles.

Also if you havent watched it before. Samurai 7 was pretty good.
IDK how the original film is but the anime was cool and the designs were awesome.
Even had a samurai that jizzed every time he did something dangerous. :P
ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_873060&feature=iv&src_vid=9Nvkmxzx3FQ&v=DAPjNqnQTR4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:40:15 PM by FreezingCicada »
DA Account: http://freezingcicada.deviantart.com/
Mostly Fan-Arts!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 01, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
Death Parade is doing really good. I just finished the most recent episode and it's really great! Their keeping it interesting with good variety. I just wonder when all the other characters in the OP will come in. Speaking of which I can't wait until the full OP is released, the song is awesome! I hate waiting for full OPs, it was horrible waiting for Trust In You from Date A Live II last year, it took forever but when it did come out it was worth the wait. It's still in the top 20 most played on my phone.

The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls has not done much to keep me interested, I don't even want to watch the second episode. It just can't compare to how good the original was.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:29:42 PM by Manimal »

Offline Aozora

• MangaRaiders Long-time Member (10-Year Anniversary)
  • Author of Hikaru Rising
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 02, 2015, 12:17:21 AM »
KUROKO NO BASKET SEASON 3!!!!!!!

:heart: KUROKO!!!!~~

Offline Aozora

• MangaRaiders Long-time Member (10-Year Anniversary)
  • Author of Hikaru Rising
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
Join me brothers and sisters as I dive into the first episode of Kuroko no Basket Season 3!!

http://www.animeflavor.com/kuroko-no-basuke-season-3-episode-1