June 24, 2018, 05:11:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 88019 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1770 on: February 04, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »
The long dreams one was pretty good. But I'm also digging the one where the guy and his classmate fall into an alternate reality

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MK

• Working on my webcomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: February 04, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »
Originally I was going to watch one episode but i ended up binge watching an anime named Kokkoku.  It is definitely my favorite anime this season.
Art Gallery
Want a commission?  Join the waitlist here
Ask me if you need constructive criticism on art or panel layout.  Practice and constructive criticism are the fastest ways to improve

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: February 07, 2018, 07:03:35 PM »
started watching Darling in the Franxx because I just have to watch anything studio Trigger. I have no idea what to make of it yet, the themes are... interesting to say the least, If i had to say so far I guess I've been enjoying it so far, hopefully it does better than Kiznaiver did for me
Rarely sighted apparent pixel artist

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: February 09, 2018, 09:13:41 AM »
I've watched first few episodes of Re:Creators and it seems promising. I really want to draw some fanarts once i get my creativity back  ;D

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a giant primary school playground.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #1774 on: February 09, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
I started to watch gakuen babysitter.
Let's be clear, it won't be the ultra fight/ mecha anime if the year, quite the opposite!
It's the story of a highschool student, whose parents died in an airplane crash. He has to take care of his 2 or 3 years old brother, Kotaro. The headmaster of the local highschool makes a deal with him: she'll provide him everything he needs if he becomes the babysitter club new member. It means that when he isn't in class, he has to take care of the teachers little children.

Let's be clear: it's a tender anime that will make you coo.
ADORABLE!

Offline Gaff

• Space Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: February 17, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »
Trying to get Kakegurui in while I've still got Netflix.  It's like the illegitimate love child of Prison School and Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji - it's glorious.

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
So after a long drought of not watching any anime, I decided to watch the entire Highschool Dxd series. Not sure why I decided to start with an Harem, though.

Honestly what can I say? I knew what I was getting into when I started this show. Just something light and fun that doesn't take itself too seriously. I'll admit this show had some good character development and progression and the times this show does get serious it can get pretty emotional.

Besides the obvious harem tropes and Mc power up shenanigans my one major gripe with the show is that they introduce a lot of characters and most of them don't feel very important. Even the villains that were introduced felt like cheap plot devices that felt very underwhelming most of the time.

Overall, despite its flaws, I enjoyed Highschool Dxd for what it was. Just something fun and a little whacky. I don't regret a single episode.  Might stay off the Harem train for awhile though. Too much of that stuff might give me a headache.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Beholder Of The Piirakka
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 11, 2018, 10:31:46 AM »
Finished A Place Further Than The Universe.

Wow. What a spectacular series, this show has such a power to it. The basis has the classic high school girl who wants to do something with her youth, a group of 4 assemble with their own little problems that they overcome by doing something crazy together. However the dynamics of this series make it special, they aren't just going to London or Paris, they're going to Antarctica. When you first hear this the idea sounds silly, but given Shirashi's backstory it gives the journey a lot of weight. The first half of the series is just the girls pushing away anything that sidetracks them. Shirashi is a fantastic character and her arc is wonderful. I love the awkward spaz characters. The other 3 girls are less interesting, they all have their little things and troubles, but Shirashi is the main focus, and the payoff is excellent here. There are many great emotive moments, of sadness and happiness in this series.

There is such a power to the narrative, it's not some moe fluff series, it hits great themes and...man it just feels so inspiring. It's been a while since a show really moved me in this manner, I ignored it until it finished, and better off that way. I just got so invested in the series, I love how it handled things, like Shirashi being made fun of for her aspirations, dealing with her Mom's death and the way she helped Hinata with her unresolved issues. This show was just wonderful. The only issue I had was the animation which was cheap at times. The backgrounds also looked good, but sometimes the characters appeared off, with some dorky frames. The OP was meh, but the insert songs where great and added well to the end of some episodes.

I can forgive the animation because everything else was just so good. Right away you can tell it's going to be a good series, and it just keeps up. Not an episode is wasted in this series, it creates a great dynamic and gives a lot of time for the emotional moments to hold weight. There are also moments in this show that are just fun, and seeing the friendship build between the cast is also nice.

This show really got to me. I finally posted an ad on Kijiji looking for a band or people to jam with (but I know me, even if people reply I will likely not respond back or weasel out of it) and hammered down going to Kansas for the third annual MR Happy Hour meet-up. I need to do something a little silly in my life, I'm not a daring person and my youth is depleting. That element of the series really got to me and made me think of my own way of life, which for someone my age is fairly dull. I've never been on a plane, nor traveled alone. and I've only gone to nearby cities anyway, the most I've seen of America is the 11th province of Minnesota anyway. There are so many "I never"'s in my life that I'd like to change that. Going to Kansas and finally forming a band would do that. It's this show that really made me feel resolute about that. I love the theme here of just going somewhere and doing something to better yourself and break from your old ways. One day I will go to Finland and see the Kalajoki beach...but until then, I will say once more...this is a really. Good. Show.     

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 11, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
So I know it just started, but Megalo Box is like, the absolute *censored*? It's so rough and yet so smooth in its animation. It feels like it's from the 80's, but the picture quality is just superb, and the way they direct the matches is worthy of any of the best boxing films.

Give it a shot guys.

Offline Tzefa

• Spero Meliora
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 20, 2018, 04:50:37 AM »
So I know it just started, but Megalo Box is like, the absolute *censored*? It's so rough and yet so smooth in its animation. It feels like it's from the 80's, but the picture quality is just superb, and the way they direct the matches is worthy of any of the best boxing films.

Give it a shot guys.
They really did try hard to get that oldschool anime feel to everything, reminds me so much of Trigun in some of the more desolate shots. Apparently they even purposely down scaled it and then re-scaled it back up so it'd look even more old
Rarely sighted apparent pixel artist

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 20, 2018, 05:26:34 AM »
I'm going to try out Megalo Box at a point then. I really need to watch anime more.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 20, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »
@tzefa: that would explain the look. That's neat though, I've never heard of that technique before. I'd like to see it used more.