February 19, 2018, 10:48:44 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Which Anime series you are watching ?  (Read 81220 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock n' Roll
  • Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anime series you are watching ?
« Reply #1725 on: November 02, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
Nah Kimi ni Todoke is sweet! It's a nice show, with some solid drama, but it won't make you cry or anything. It's not White Album 2, it's a show to watch when you want to feel hearbeating romance. Same with the Tamako Love Story film.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 02, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »
I guess I've got to check out that 30 Anime thread. Spoilers really do end things for me though, so I'll skim over the titles and add them to my ever-growing eternal list of anime to watch haha

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 02, 2016, 10:19:39 PM »
My Top 30 is safe do not worry! It's for recommendations so I wouldn't give things away.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 02, 2016, 11:48:06 PM »
I just started watching Dimension W and because of that one i'm also re-watching one of my all time favorites Gangsta. Ironically i first got ropped into watching Gangsta. because of the Opening song 'Renegade', the same artist made the OP for Dimension W which is why it caught my attention. I'm a weak willed individual who gets lured by fancy OP's... i'm ashamed of myself >_<
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 01, 2016, 05:04:14 PM »
Started Revolutionary Girl Utena, 8 episodes in.

One of the classic 90's anime, this show is a lot of things but it's themes are presented in a rather unusually manner. It's set in a school and so far has used a lot of repetition and absurdities to tell the story. It seems like each episode reveals more about the characters, or explores some concept, but does so with kangaroos in boxing gloves and being chased by elephants in India. Also some kind of cool sword fights. It's sort of hard to describe and 8 episodes in this "greatness" is naturally not yet realized. I think there are many excellent aspects of the show, like the characterization, symbolism heavy direction and general tone, which is rather unique. Every episode is developing the cast atleast.

I am interested to see where this show goes and why it's rated as such a classic. It's going to take some patience to make it through all 39 episodes, especially with it's pacing, but I hope it'll be worth it. If I could watch Nana I can do this, it took that show a while to get going as well. But it's all important set-up.

I watched like 6 episodes of Mob Psycho 100. I think it's fine but really not what I'm looking for these days. It has a lot of things going for it like the cool visuals and the actual character of Mob, but eh, I wasn't getting into it.

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 31, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »
Time to get self indulgent again and talking about the best anime I watched this year. Not airing shows but other stuff you know.

I didn't watch many non-airing shows this year but the biggest thing I did was re-watch K-On. It went from "ya it's great" to "no K-On is one of the very best anime ever". Like my God that was a mighty re-watch, it also made me feel incredibly sad for a variety of reasons. Like when you do something one summer and try to repeat it again...it's not always fun. I'm now so oddly obsessed with K-On, I would put it in my top 5 easily. I re-watched White Album 2 as well which is nothing but sadness. Still as good the second time.

Aside from that the best shows I saw where Nana and Kimi ni Todoke. Both excellent shoujos with fantastic characterization. Nana being one of the best drama anime there is and Kimi ni Todoke being so lovely it actually hurts. I felt inspired by Digi's video where he lies on the couch all day and burns through Non Non Biyori so I did that. I made it 10 episodes in one sitting and somehow stayed engaged the whole time. That was a great viewing experience, not one I wish to repeat, but it was memorable. Also Sketchbook Full Colours was remarkable, absolutely incredible moodpiece. Sometimes things come to you when you need them.

Also Ano Natsu de Matteru which I should've watched when I was in high school, it would've got to me then. Now it just made me feel sad but not because of the story, there where some aspects of it that...oh boy. Then there was Umaru-chan which...was not great but atleast the first few episodes where fun. I started it right after a small one day con here and my mind was in such an anime haze that I was loving this show. Like oh this is so good oh Umaru oh man. Then the next day I was like...wow how repetitive is this.

That's me what about you guys, best shows you watched this year besides airing things?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:33:31 AM by Manimal »

Offline The SlamJam

• Artist
  • Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 31, 2016, 05:40:18 AM »
zvesda plot. its pretty fun

Offline scplusts

• BL Mangaka Wannabe
  • Perkisas Ruin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 31, 2016, 09:03:06 AM »
As of now I have 8 on the watch list but I havent been watching any since about 3 weeks ago. >.<;;;
sometimes I'm just too lazy to watch anime.  but I need to get back on track somehow..

Im might catch up with Iron Blood Orphan this weekend  or next week if I can summon
the courage to press that download button...

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 11, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Watched Madoka Magica.

This is the first anime on my MAL 2017 Challenge list I've completed (the category was to pick from anime+'s auto recommendations) and dear God that was the most amazing thing I've watched in quite some time. It's been a long time since I've felt a show like this truly gripped me and was something always exciting that had my undivided attention for the whole run. There was not a second this show lost me and in the end it was truly satisfying. I can talk forever about the brilliant directing, the SHAFT-isms that made this show so incredible. The framing, backgrounds, and little touches, what can one even say after finishing this full out experience.

To just call Madoka dark, trippy or anything would be to grossly over simplify it. I'm not sure how I would define it yet after just finishing it minutes ago but this was a truly incredible production, the likes of which I just don't watch that often anymore. It made me feel like I was watching Steins;Gate & Evangelion again, I forget how exciting a show like this can be. After watching little more then grounded slice of life and such this was so shocking to me to remember, yes, this is what this medium can do as well.

I put off watching this ever since I got right into anime. But to dismiss it based off it's artstyle is to miss the point of the show. I need to solidify my thoughts more but I found Madoka to be just as good as it's been made out to be. I knew the big spoiler for episode 3 already but the rest of the show I had no idea. Right from episode 1 this is a gripping production and it never lets up. What a wonder.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:17:58 PM by Manimal »

Offline Manimal

• Kanan Ball The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 12, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
Okay finally watched Kimi no Na wa.

I was like "maybe this will be good but it won't be that good" then I was almost crying over the last act wtf. This movie just kind of creeps up on you, I was enjoying it and thought it was good but I didn't realize how good it was until then. The animation, like jeez what can you say. There is nothing to describe how amazing the scenery, lightning and movement was in this film. RADWIMPS's songs really made it that much better as well. I knew "Zen Zen Zense" before but the rest really hit it home. It was a solid film, I'd give it a good 8.5/10.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:54:46 PM by Manimal »

Offline neoraise

• -Breakeven-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 14, 2017, 11:38:07 AM »
i just finished watching...
Death parade
Dimension W
Boku dake ga inai machi and
Bungou stray dogs -DaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII!!!!-having a little pause for the 2nd season though(i never thought that it already have one)..so far i enjoyed all of them and still searching for i missed alot for a few months.
No matter how i refuse to look,yet it surrounds me.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• Understood Newt
  • A truly critical mind is an open mind, and vice versa.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 15, 2017, 01:43:42 AM »
Just watched Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? While it's flawed for several reasons, I, for some reason, just love its aesthetic so much. The battle scene at the end is probably the only battle scene in anything ever to actually embody the word "climactic" for me.

So I'm geared up to watch some other stuff in the franchise. In particular, Macross Plus, seeing that Yoko Kanno did the score and I wanna see what she writes for Lynn Minmay.

• Understood Newt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 05, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
Just finished the original Macross series. I love what it is so much, but there are a lot of problems with it. The love story made sense until it didn't, which was a theme for basically everything in the series. I'd love to see a film adaptation for it that irons out all the problems. Do You Remember Love? did that to an extent but had problems of its own. I'm heavily considering writing my own version that does just that.

So on to the other installments in the Macross series.

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 05, 2017, 06:45:32 PM »
Currently watching Persona 4: The Animation. God, I love it. It keeps really well to the game. <3

• Understood Newt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 07, 2017, 01:06:00 AM »
Watched Macross Plus. How is this not acknowledged as one of the best series of the 90s? Perhaps because the Macross name is attached, and it isn't very Macross, but still, the production values are out of this world, the animation is perfect, the music is phenomenal, the characters multifaceted. It's worth watching even if you don't know or like the Macross series, as the plot barely even pertains to the original series.