March 29, 2024, 12:38:09 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Suuper's Sewing and Crafts  (Read 55799 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Suuper's Sewing and Crafts (Not quite cosplay yet)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 03:32:17 AM »
it doesn't feel light, but it's not heavy either, like a large ball bearing, but lighter. it's actual weight is 35g. I wouldnt want someone to throw it at me, thats for sure :P

edit: I started another one at double the weight, hopefully I'll get it even rounder and even shinier, as the first one was more of a test than a serious go.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:41:29 AM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
made a pair of travel chess boards this lunch break. small one is 10cm wide/long
was surprisingly easier than i thought, although a laser cutter is a nice asset at work :P
what's funny is i dont even like chess XD

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 07:26:00 AM »
One of my favourite quick creations so far - a 3D ball bearing maze. I have always loved steady hand games, and coordination games since I was young, and I simply love ball bearing mazes, or anything to do with ball bearings actually haha

This is a 7x7x5 grid maze, with a 4mm ball bearing.
I actually programmed a maze generator which was hella fun, so I don't have to spend a lot of time designing such a complex maze if I want to make another one. The algorithm is my own but I want to implement different algorithms because fun.
I just bought some smaller 2mm bearings off the internet to make a smaller maze, with more layers hopefully (maybe 10x10x10 I'm thinking)
Amongst other ideas I want to make a spherical maze (woah!!!), and a surface-only cube maze (not layers)
But I'll probably get bored quickly and move on XD

Looking down it is pretty trippy to be honest but you do get used to it surprisingly :P
It is also incredibly difficult/annoying to solve, first time round it took me about 15-20 minutes to solve it.
(An advantage of having the computer design the maze is that you as a designer don't know it, and can have fun figuring it out)

I need a blog haha

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »
God I used to have a bunch of those ball bearing maze pens as a kid. Drove me absolutely insane trying to get the thing from one end to another. I swear they weren't created to actually be solved, just to keep kids busy.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 04:15:40 AM »
Oh Yeahhhhhhh I had one of those!!!!
To be honest I've solved my cube about 5 times now and it's still a fluke when I do it haha

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »
Well this took me a lot of ages to finally appreciate. Dude you made a ball bearing maze? Those also drove me crazy as a kid, but I loved them. Impressive work.

Do you still have the chess board pieces?! That'd be swell!

Offline cometsan

• no. https://cometsan.hateblo.jp/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 10:54:33 PM »
Oh...another genius 9 y/o .

making completely out of the world stuff.
why am i here

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 02:08:08 AM »
@cometsan
I'm 26 lol
I do most of this stuff at work so I get training on the job.
There's no point feeling negative about what others can or can't do, it's about what do you want to do, and start doing it!

@lego
haha yeah I've loved ball bearing mazes since I was a kid, and I'd make marble runs around my room with whatever I could find when I was younger.
It's really fun to play with.
Yeah I still have 3 of the sets I made, I never finally completed the project as it was meant to have a lid, but I did create a version where the pieces are stored in trays in the sides of the board. I don't really like chess and I'm not really sure why I made it, I think it just sounded like a nice challenge at the time XD
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:01:46 AM by suuper-san »

Offline cometsan

• no. https://cometsan.hateblo.jp/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 07:39:14 AM »
im so posistive

im basically 24 years more positive than you now.

i shd be more negative so i can be twelve again and beg to replace your positiion at work

u kno

disemploy you

u should sell this to yatube and become mattel no 2

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 09:37:59 AM »
Nani!? I thought you'd love Chess for some reason XD

Ah, also I'll be posting my stick bois soon. It occurs to me that I wanted to start on that a bit haha. Crafts for the win! Not long until we make our full body mecha suit cosplays eh, suuper?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 03:03:20 PM »
I am totally for a full body mecha suit haha. I started trying to figure out a design several years ago and just gave up because of time constraints. When I get better at designing and drawing cool parts and stuff then it will finally be worth the time investment, methinks. I look forward to your sick bois XD

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 02:20:51 PM »
I made a couple of little units in my lunch break at work. I only get 30 minutes lunch so I have to work quickly haha.
The left one I gave to my boss and I keep the right one in my corner at work to put my 3d printed stuff in. Nothing cool yet but got anime things lined up in my head sort of. Incidentally the right one can stack with another one if I were to make it.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 02:08:01 AM »
I made my own mask because obviously that was going to happen :P

For my first sewing project in like a year it came out OK. The pattern didn't quite fit my face so I wont wear it, but I'll definitely try another one soon. Looks the part tho :P

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 02:26:05 PM »
Made some natural cordage with some wisteria branches. I noticed while cutting them down that the bark was super flexible and was peeling away rather than snapping, which hinted that the insides were perfect for making cordage.

The resulting cable was only about 3-4mm thick, but was so strong I couldn't break it by hand, and it could hold 15-20kg no problem which makes it the strongest natural cable I have made ever.

A few hours after making the cable I noticed some strange shrinkage maybe because of moisture being lost but it didn't seem to affect the strength of it. I'm going to try and make some more with dried out fibres to see if that makes a difference. I really want to spin some into thread and do some weaving on a loom but I have neither spinning wheel or loom so that's a pipe dream until I make the tools for it.

I'm going to try more advance processing like soaking it to see if I can get a more consistent result and method for making thinner thread/cable. Even individual fibres thinner than a cotton thread are resistant to breaking so I have high hopes for this.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:28:29 PM by Suuper-san »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2020, 05:46:10 PM »
Damn that looks legit useable suuper. Where the heck did you learn to do that haha.

And dude the mask! I wanna make sooooome. Do you just google this stuff or do you work with your own intuition? Colour me impressed.