May 28, 2018, 01:16:38 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Hello Forum!  (Read 77 times)

Offline Serena Wander

• View Profile
Hello Forum!
« on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »
Hello there!
  I am Serena Wander, a 15-year-old girl living in Hong Kong. My father moved here when he was a teenager, from the United States. Please do not mind my terrible English as it is not my mother language ;)
  I have always drawn and doodled on my textbooks and I really liked drawing. Despite not having any professional guidance on drawing, I've always thought of becoming a true manga artist someday as I have watched numerous animes and occasionally read manga. Therefore, I picked up drawing last weekend as I went to find great tutorials online. I find drawing manga characters very difficult to begin with, especially with the proportions of the characters.
  And I stumbled upon this forum. To my interpretation, this forum can be a perfect place to receive comments and have a fun time talking to you guys :D
  I'll start posting my amateur stuff once in a while, but please provide constructive opinions. I do acknowledge that my drawings are horrible  :blush: (this is the first week, like c'mon)
  I just want to say hi to everyone reading this thread and all members of this forum, and I sincerely hope I'll have a fun and enjoyable time here  ;D

My first try -
Spoiler
Enjoy every day <3

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Forum!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:16:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum! We're always glad to have fresh blood coming in. Your art looks really good for the first try. Hopefully being here on the forum can allow others to guide you in how you want to develop from here. If you have more sketches, you can go ahead and put up a gallery. Even if not, you can make a placeholder for your thread and show your stuff as it comes.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
Welcome to Mangaraiders! You are exactly right about this place! Most of us are self taught writers and artists, so there's no judgement about starting from the bottom. The important thing is keeping at it!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »
Welcome to mangaraiders! Just go crazy commenting on peoples' works and mingling with the community and I can assure you it'll be worth it.

Good stuff for a start. Really love the eyes.

Now... What are your favourite manga and anime?