October 22, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Who Really Should've won???  (Read 239 times)

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
Who Really Should've won???
« on: May 09, 2018, 12:21:29 AM »
Alright guys, this topic is for us anime fans to discuss and rant over our favorite anime fights or just popular fights in general. In this topic, we're going to name a fight and discuss who actually should've won that fight, while providing facts to support our claims, regardless of the actual victor of said fight. Feel free to rant as you do so. You're bound to do it sooner or later.

I'll start this off with a fight from Bleach that will forever bug me to my core.

Who Really Should've Won: Ichigo Kurosaki vs Kenpachi Zaraki

Look man, I understand Ichigo had unlocked a massive amount of spiritual energy when he dealt the victory blow to Kenpachi, but still everything leading up to that moment was Ichigo basically getting toyed with and smacked around. Kenpachi could've easily won the fight if he had wanted to and that's what bugs me so much about it.

My memory of bleach is pretty shot, so I'm unsure if that fight was ruled as a win for ichigo or a tie, but regardless, I still think that Kenpachi should've utterly demolished Ichigo. If not that, at least to the point where he beats up Ichigo so much that he ends up being impressed by his resiliency and decides to spare him out of respect. Then again, that possibility probably wouldn't even fall in line with Kenpachi's character.   
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Really Should've won???
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:39:07 AM »
Yeah, Kenpachi really should have curb stomped him. I think the official line is that he was holding back because he figured Ichigo had the potential to provide an actual fight somewhere down the line. Rereading it now, the only way I feel it's justified is to call it a lucky shot and not think about it too much.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:53:01 PM »
I can understand it being a lucky shot. However, if I'm going off memory, I don't think a lucky shot can be justified with a guy like Kenpachi.  Or even someone like Byakuya, which was another fight I had sort of have a problem with. Although, I'll admit Ichigo vs Byakuya is a bit more debatable for me. Ichigo definitely had the element of surprise advantage during certain moments of the fight that caught Byakuya off guard. However, if Byakuya's sword hadn't broke, then yeah... Not much else to say on that...
Messatsu...

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »
Well, the main underlying problem is that I don't think Kubo expected to have to write so much more Bleach. You get the sense it could have gone either way after soul society, plot wise.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF