November 18, 2018, 07:50:59 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Heroic Spirits in the Zombie Apocalypse (Not sure if this is the right thread)  (Read 422 times)

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• Senior bucket bearer on the sinking ship of writing.
    • View Profile
Alright, I couldn't fit the exact wording of my question for you guys in the subject but here it is.

If you were in the zombie apocalypse, and you could have one Heroic Spirit be your companion, who would it be?

I was inspired to write a little zombie apocalypse story recently and I was recently rewatching Fate Stay Night UBW and I thought up, what if I had the protagonist of my zombie story ended up with a Heroic Spirit for a companion. Initially I was just thinking Saber, but I'm not entirely sure. So I decided to write up this topic.

So any fellow Fate fans feel free to put your two cents in.  :thumbsup:

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
Not too familiar with the fate series, but Heroic spirits sounds pretty cool What are they in the Fate series, exactly?

I know there's that one guy that with the spear who I always see laying the smackdown on fools. I don't know his name though. His he a holy spirit? Cause if so, I'm going with him.
Messatsu...

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• View Profile
I highly recommend watching Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks if you haven't.

To give you a quick rundown, the Fate series is centered around an event called the Holy Grail War, in which seven Mages called Masters summon a Heroic Spirit called Servants. There is one of each class, those being, Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Caster, and Assassin. A Heroic Spirit is as the name implies the summoned spirit of a hero from humanity's past, present, or future. Granted history is slightly different in the Fate Universes because Mages actually existed, so there are a fair number of figures from mythology as well.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:13:19 AM by Fortis Scriptor »

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
to be honest, zombies would be no problem for any spirit hero I'm pretty sure, they are all OP. so its almost more like "which hero do you want to actually spend time with during a zombie apocalypse".
Rider would be a good bet he's a cool guy, Saber too.
but I'd probably say Archer, because, you know, shooting stuff is cool. plus UBW depending on spoilers :P
his range is like 5 miles lol
snarky remarks are just a bonus :P

all series are definitely a good watch, I would say watch in the order they aired because thats what I did. Unlimited Blade Works was a film but was so good it got a double series (2x13), which were fantastic imo. pretty sure the film came out first.

Don't forget Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya for the full experience [/sarcasm]

Offline Fortis Scriptor

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply Suuper.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, if the servants had a good pool of mana to draw from zombies would be a complete cake walk. But if a servant ends up with an unskilled master like first act of Stay Night Shirou, or Caster's Master from Fate Zero, then eventually the servant might have some trouble when their mana store gets low.

Good picks, by Rider, I'm assuming you're referring to Iskander. But Archer, are we talking Gilgamesh or Rin's Archer? I would in all likelihood prefer the latter myself.

Without a doubt all of the Fate series I've seen have been very enjoyable, from the deeply depressing Zero, to the ultra happy Carnival Phantasm.

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Yes to Rider. And Rin's archer (for a less spoilery way of saying it :P)
didnt think about mana supply, thats a fair point.

dang it, forgot totally about Carnival Phantasm. That is a must watch after everything else.

Offline devola

• View Profile
If the master was unskilled and there was no way of obtaining mana, you'd probably want the equivalent of an electric car or hybrid in terms of servants  ;D.

It should be pretty obvious that I'd pick Mordred but like Saber she's a real gas guzzler. And like you pointed out in the hands of an inexperienced master she'd burn out fast.

I guess I'd have to go with Rin's Archer as well, didn't he survive like an entire week without a master? Fate/Stay Rider wouldn't be a bad pick either because I think I vaguely remember her being able to do something that drains mana.