September 21, 2019, 02:53:25 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What are you writing?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline NamNamStudio

• Writer for hire. PM me for details.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you writing?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »
yeah, ive been working on this idea for 3 years now.

Offline NamNamStudio

• Writer for hire. PM me for details.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
if you want i can let you read the first 2 chapter scripts, i would some feed back.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 03:05:20 PM »
you could post it on the forum if you like!
I can't make any promises to read or give feedback because I'm really bad at reading anything longer than about 200 words XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Zigoro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2019, 03:41:00 PM »
I'm working with a team of 5. We're currently working on a story called ReBEarth. Which is about some kids that are trained to be warriors in a world where this is their sole purpose of life. ReBEarth is a story that explores the art of war inspired by the Chinese book of the same name (Art Of War). However, this is in a fantasy world. The story is mostly about how humans wage war, it's effects on both sides. How humans have failed to rule Earth by peace and how Earth responds by replacing us with a more powerful human species. Our ancestors. This is all fictional and takes place in a dystopian setting.

If anyone is interested in joining our team you're welcome to dm me.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 07:28:59 AM »
@NamNam: That's quite he epic you're getting yourself into! Obviously you have a better idea of the whole than I do, but I want to give the quick advice of always remembering to cut out the fat of the story! Super developed backstory is all well and good, but it also has to be an interesting moment to moment story. Not to mention, there has to be a reason to care about it first. You need to couch the whole thing using your main story.

Of course the sticking point after that is if the main story is introduced first, and then you spend a long time providing backstory, then a reader runs the risk of forgetting the details of the main story in the interim, or just getting annoyed that the story they got into in the first place is getting sidelined for something they don't really care for all that much.

Just something to consider. Good luck!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF