March 29, 2024, 02:33:11 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: What are you writing?  (Read 8648 times)

Offline EffulgentFirefly

• Student writer with no other talents whatsoever
  • Spectating until I'm invited into a game
    • View Profile
What are you writing?
« on: May 06, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »
What are you writing? And if you aren't writing, why aren't you writing?

I'm trying to finish up with my YA novel and get back into writing about my crew of space mercenaries, but it's pretty difficult. I also really should get back into the world of my castle romance/fantasy/adventure before summer starts.

What're you writing about?
I'm too shy to initiate... But I'm open to anyone else doing it. Just tell me if you need to say something :D

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you writing?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »
I'm working on four stories at the moment. My main series: Coryn's Saga, two MR Canon prime universe stories: Quest! (gotta have that exclamation point), and Life At Sea: Fortune's Chance, which is a sequel to an earlier story. Finally, I got my second Bleach MR story, Memories Unto the Dawn. Which is sorta my way of trying to make up for the original I wrote under pressure in like two weeks.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »
Shounen/fantasy/adventure mainly. Thats what I like be drawing at the moment

Offline Baruden

• Blackens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 04:36:13 AM »
Am forcing myself to write a chapter of 1000 word each week and post it online, however i stopped due to traveling last month and till now am struggling with the next chapter i have already finished it and edit few times but dunno why am slowing down on posting it and move forward.

My story is a Fiction/Mystery/Adventure. I already have the main events and main characters and the ending drafted however what's between those are hard specially when i want to make sure a lot of mystery is thrown around and references to old and new information around. The story revolves around a man with a certain that is needed by the villains and now he is lost in the open world where he knows nothing about due to his 500+ years sleep. So now he is looking for his child-hood friend who still lives. Through out his journey he'll find out a lot about what happened during his sleep and how his friend is a symbol to the people now days and his family also did a huge impact on history.

Funny thing is when i started this story took me a while to write a huge part around 50k word then i decided to leave those 50k word as a background story and started to write what am writing now.

Offline Thurtin13

• 19 Manga Director/Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
Currently writing a Fantasy shounen- slice of life drama (its better than it sounds) Almost done with the first chapter drawing wise)

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 06:46:28 PM »
Ahrg. I'm still converting my piece from artist friendly (screen playish) to written work. It is totally unenjoyable grunt work. So that is how 4.5 years go past without publishing. I have had to prune things because when I say one of the funny things from the piece at a convention 3 people hear it and the tweeting begins. After that I'm a joke stealer.
As an example I had to cut the "Live long and Shocker" T shirt reference out. At a convention long long ago, I drunkenly made a trek fan feel bad when I coined that. Then I giggled and then talked about it. I got home and Googled it and it didn't exist on the internet. The next year I used it all over to be mean to Trek fans. Googled again.. Nothing. Doing checks now for my work and there are now google images of Leonard FREAKING Nimoy doing the "Live long and Shocker"... Writing and Comedy have different paths, with writing you can plagiarize as much as you want, with comedy if what you say sounds like what someone else said.. you burn (even if you were the original).

I should close this browser and get back to writing. I really need someone with a cattle prod standing next to me "encouraging" me to do the write thing.

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
Ahrg. I'm still converting my piece from artist friendly (screen playish) to written work. It is totally unenjoyable grunt work. So that is how 4.5 years go past without publishing. I have had to prune things because when I say one of the funny things from the piece at a convention 3 people hear it and the tweeting begins. After that I'm a joke stealer.
As an example I had to cut the "Live long and Shocker" T shirt reference out. At a convention long long ago, I drunkenly made a trek fan feel bad when I coined that. Then I giggled and then talked about it. I got home and Googled it and it didn't exist on the internet. The next year I used it all over to be mean to Trek fans. Googled again.. Nothing. Doing checks now for my work and there are now google images of Leonard FREAKING Nimoy doing the "Live long and Shocker"... Writing and Comedy have different paths, with writing you can plagiarize as much as you want, with comedy if what you say sounds like what someone else said.. you burn (even if you were the original).
Dead Pool 2 just ran "Slap the dick out of your mouth" so that has been cut also.
Yes, with comedy and patents it helps to be first.. I should get off my butt before I lose more.

I should close this browser and get back to writing. I really need someone with a cattle prod standing next to me "encouraging" me to do the write thing.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 06:09:21 PM »
I'll be working on another cosplay show script here soon, and gods, I gotta finish up Reset, but it's so looooong. Then there's my other project, still under development.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline CookiePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »
I was working on three different stories but after finishing up the character profiles for the characters in the first story I've found inspiration to work on that particular setting. I'm quite proud of myself for finishing the first chapter/prologue yesterday and it appears that I'll be writing out the second chapter later tonight while my boyfriend draws his concept for Damsel.

Ah I suck at making names TT I should at least make names for the characters >.< It'd be odd to wait until I finish writing to do so...

How far is everyone in their projects? I would love to read some concepts or chapters, maybe provide a review if I can. It has been a while since I've given a review and honestly I've always been best at basic editing rather than expressing my opinions but hopefully I can find myself helpful to everyone?

Offline Crackhead Johny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
4-6 years into an anime/manga parody... I'm real bad at dedicating time.

Offline NamNamStudio

• Writer for hire. PM me for details.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
Right now I'm Writing 3 mangas and a light novel that all interact with each other. It started as a pass time since i also draw myself but the more i kept coming up with ideas and talking with my cowriter about these ideas, the more we saw potential. Now it's become something that i just love doing. I'm hoping to release my Light novel soon, If anything by the end of 2020. My main Series is called Given, its a fantasy/action/adventure about a 13 yr old ice mage named Hyde who is apart of an assassin group for his kingdom. After being assigned a mission to assassinate a new king, things take a large turn of events, and the group ends up dying but due to the eyes  Hyde posses, The king Rin takes an interest and forces him to going him on his journey of exploring the world and joining the nations together for an era of piece. I havent worked on the summary much lol but what do you guys think?

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:59 PM »
sounds awesome!
as with any story, there are elements which sound similar to other stories, but as long as you explain and justify the elements and let them blend into your story, then it will turn out great!
when you say 3 mangas, are they like spin-offs of the novel, or just a manga version of the same story? and why are there three?????? so many questions haha
all the best for getting your novel and mangas completed!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline NamNamStudio

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 01:59:36 PM »
Yeah, When you read the first 2 chapter sc ripts even though the summary sounds kinda basic lol you can see this is gonna be something that for the long ride is gonna be a good read. So the light novel im actually writing is gonna be a 3 part series about the current human world we live in. It'll be modern, but leads to how the world in my main manga came to be. This is where you see the death gods cross into the human world due to humans themselves. then im writing a manga shortly after, about 150-200 years or so with the rule of the death gods reaching an end. The heavens, unsure of how to intervene send 18 gods down to earth and pass powers down the their followers who will fight for them. They then have their followers fight for them and when their last followers die, the gods themselves "die" as well(more so leave the human world) This event is due to the conflicting ideas of how to lead this world into piece. This is where we see how the humans end up obtaining magic themselves. Then the other manga takes place another 100 or so years in the future. the humans now have magic after they get it passed down onto them by the followers who have won the battle. This story follows a man who has been raised in the wood and doesant posses magical powers himself but his master decides he cant teach him anymore and send the boy, 18 yrs, out to explore the world. This story will show the fall of what i call the Immortals in the series due to fear and also how the current borderlines of empires came to be. The final manga shows the return of the death gods and their fall. of course this is all done without this as being the narritive hahaha but my main manga will show the adventure of my characters Rin, Gia, and Hyde. Its gonna be the longest and most interesting of the stories.

Offline NamNamStudio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:49 PM »
I was working on three different stories but after finishing up the character profiles for the characters in the first story I've found inspiration to work on that particular setting. I'm quite proud of myself for finishing the first chapter/prologue yesterday and it appears that I'll be writing out the second chapter later tonight while my boyfriend draws his concept for Damsel.

Ah I suck at making names TT I should at least make names for the characters >.< It'd be odd to wait until I finish writing to do so...

How far is everyone in their projects? I would love to read some concepts or chapters, maybe provide a review if I can. It has been a while since I've given a review and honestly I've always been best at basic editing rather than expressing my opinions but hopefully I can find myself helpful to everyone?
I'd love to read your first chapter, I'm working on my third after spending most of this year reworking the first two chapters xp maybe we can give each other some feedback!!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 04:21:53 PM »
ahhhhh cool, it sounds like you've got it all planned out perfectly!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!